• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Past and Future #1s: Batgirl v. Karate Kid (0-0-7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I meant to make this ages ago and I kinda just forgot

Cassandra Cain is the greatest martial artist of the 21st century and Val Armorr is the greatest martial artist of the 31st century, now it’s time to see who holds the title of the greatest of all time.

Both at 8-C with speed equalized. Both have all of their standard and optional equipment.

Batgirl:
Karate Kid:
Inconclusive: 7 (LordTracer, Armorchompy, BEASTHEART880, Peppersalt43, KLOL506, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Emirp sumitpo)

Last edited:
Anyway I'm gonna write what I think are the advantages and disadvantages here:
  • By general feats and hype I'd give KK an advantage in general skill, however this does not mean he outmatches CC in every department. Also, I think they're about equally acrobatic by checking their respective feats.
Cassandra Advantages
  • Cassandra Cain actually holds a strong advantage in analytical prediction, KK lacks any feats for it though it can be presumed he at least has a minor version of it since IRL martial artists are capable of reading their opponents to a degree, and he's obviously that x1000.
  • CC is capable of Power Mimicry, which may be of limited utility when opposing KK's impossible breadth of techniques, since if copied he can just bust out a completely different fighting style on the fly, but it does mean his trump cards can end up being turned against him.
  • While Karate Kid's pressure points are FAR better, Cassandra's own can lead to a quick take-out if landed.
  • I think Cass has a generally superior set of equipment, lots of mobility stuff (which is kinda useless given KK can fly) and lots of ranged options. Nothing KK can't counter but it's useful.
  • Dimensiometer sounds real handy. How much does she use it?
Karate Kid Advantages
  • Karate Kid's pressure points and info analysis border on the cartoonish, unlike CC who needs to strike precise points he's basically capable of doing them to any part of the body, practically it's as if he had an AP of 5-A when attacking. He's not just gonna tear her apart of course, he's too nice for that, but, it's handy. He also has non-lethal PPs.
  • The two should be about equal in stats, but KK has a massive LS advantage. He doesn't grapple too often but it is in his repertoire.
  • KK is capable of using shockwaves for longer-ranged combat if necessary, or throwing objects with extreme precision and strength. It may not look like it given CC has more advanced ranged combat equipment but I actually think he wins long range battles here.
  • KK has more powerful damage reduction and can mostly negate the effect of punches.
  • He is also capable of dodging stuff via Instinctive Reaction, which I personally don't value as much as most of the wiki, but it's there.
  • Enhanced Senses means stealth won't work.
  • I think he may have a bit of a stamina advantage?
  • He can fly. That's nice : )
  • Forcefields are completely impassable to CC but he can't really attack while they're up either so they're of relatively limited use.
Overall KK has more advantages but CC's info analysis in particular is a tall hurdle to clear, not quite sure who I'm leaning for.

Dimensiometer sounds real handy. How much does she use it?
She only used it one time, but when she did, it was a very liberal usage. She had it on pretty much constantly, only turning it off when she needed to physically interact with the environment and use it to her advantage.
I think Cass has a generally superior set of equipment, lots of mobility stuff (which is kinda useless given KK can fly)
Cass has actually contended with flying characters before, namely Bizarro Supergirl and Supergirl, although they were both low enough for her to just use her acrobatics to avoid them.
The two should be about equal in stats, but KK has a massive LS advantage. He doesn't grapple too often but it is in his repertoire.
Yeah, if he gets her in a grapple, she doesn’t have a much of a chance at escaping, but her analytical prediction should prevent that from happening.

Not sure who I’m pulling for either, this is a pretty close match.

She only used it one time, but when she did, it was a very liberal usage. She had it on pretty much constantly, only turning it off when she needed to physically interact with the environment and use it to her advantage.
In a relatively controlled environment I think Armorr can try and strategize to lessen the advantage, but it definitely is one.
Cass has actually contended with flying characters before, namely Bizarro Supergirl and Supergirl, although they were both low enough for her to just use her acrobatics to avoid them.
KK has specifically constructed an adaptation of his martial arts to use in mid-air so I think he'd be a trickier opponent than them.
Not sure who I’m pulling for either, this is a pretty close match.
Honestly, IMO it could be incon

Incon it be from me as well. Neither side seems to have a good enough trump card to edge out over the other to have more wins over the other.

I vote incon for Armor's reasons. Though generally speaking, Karate Kid does seem to have a slighter higher edge from Armor's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back