• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The pages for AKIRA are outdated as hell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
curses it was the wrong pic anyways

you can see a few seconds after tetsuo begings the blast you get a far shot of the moon.

so what is the opinion on tetsuo creating an initial blast, but then breaking apart/lifting the other part or the crater to form a ring around the moon, or that tetsuo created that crater that was calculated but then used the debris to form the ring.

@KLOL506

Would you be willing to help out with getting this discussion in constructive order please?

gravity exsists? in the early panels you see small amounts of debirs being catapulted upwards, we get a far shot of the explosion, and then an gigantic amount of rocks begin to move upwards and immeadiately form a ring in the next panel. you need a stronger arguement than just "manga physics" because to me it seems tetsuo created the rings after blowing the hole into the moon.

gravity exsists? in the early panels you see small amounts of debirs being catapulted upwards, we get a far shot of the explosion, and then an gigantic amount of rocks begin to move upwards and immeadiately form a ring in the next panel. you need a stronger arguement than just "manga physics" because to me it seems tetsuo created the rings after blowing the hole into the moon.
blowing a coutry/continenet sized hole in the moon is a pretty good feat, so it wouldn't be a big jump to assume that after doing that, you could use the debris left over(or just take it from the moon)and create a ring.

Tetsuo did not create a country-sized hole in the Moon. The hole he created was miniscule, even compared to the, on average, 20 kilometer wide Moon crater he was standing in. Afterwards, gravity did its work and pulled the debris from out of the hole and into orbit, causing the larger, country-sized hole.

Unless you can definitively prove that he manually pulled the debris into orbit (which is weird, because he seemed to be riding along with the rocks), that one just does not work.

Tetsuo did not create a country-sized hole in the Moon. The hole he created was miniscule, even compared to the, on average, 20 kilometer wide Moon crater he was standing in. Afterwards, gravity did its work and pulled the debris from out of the hole and into orbit, causing the larger, country-sized hole.

Unless you can definitively prove that he manually pulled the debris into orbit (which is weird, because he seemed to be riding along with the rocks), that one just does not work.
huh? what are you talking about? the blast and crater could be seen in a shot clearly far from the moon. also it didn't look like he was standing in a crater either 10s-100s of km long also for the ring part. how did gravity pull debris into orbit and create an entire ring so quickly, thats literally impossible. my reasoning is that he created a smaller crater maybe island or country sized(the one seen in the second panel below) and then did something else to create a larger hole. how would gravity create a larger hole by pulling out debris? how would that create a larger hole? im saying your reasoning makes no sense.

Last edited:
huh? what are you talking about? the blast and crater could be seen in a shot clearly far from the moon. also it didn't look like he was standing in a crater either 10s-100s of km long also for the ring part. how did gravity pull debris into orbit and create an entire ring so quickly, thats literally impossible. my reasoning is that he created a smaller crater maybe island or country sized(the one seen in the second panel below) and then did something else to create a larger hole. how would gravity create a larger hole by pulling out debris? how would that create a larger hole? im saying your reasoning makes no sense.
and miyako said tetsuo did it to the moon too, why would she say he ravaged the moon and give planet busting statements?

how would gravity create a larger hole by pulling out debris?
If I blow a hole into the side of a house, the area around the hole becomes weaker. Likewise, Tetsuo blew a hole into a Moon crater, and the surrounding area become susceptible to crumbling as well, and since gravity is low on the Moon, all of that space rock just floated into the skies and got caught in orbit.
tetsuo and akira create two 8.5 magnitude earthquakes casually which release 1x10^18 joules
7-A (Magnitude 8.5) <<<<<<<<<<<<<< High 6-A.
A twenty kilometer-wide explosion is nothing.
and miyako said tetsuo did it to the moon too, why would she say he ravaged the moon and give planet busting statements?
Lady Miyako stating that Tetsuo "ravaged the Moon" is not the same as confirming that everything that occurred on the Moon was his doing. Him creating that little hole which set off a chain of events leading to the ring forming in orbit is enough to qualify for "ravaging".

Also, "end of the world" statements are not enough to qualify for 5-B either.

If I blow a hole into the side of a house, the area around the hole becomes weaker. Likewise, Tetsuo blew a hole into a Moon crater, and the surrounding area become susceptible to crumbling as well, and since gravity is low on the Moon, all of that space rock just floated into the skies and got caught in orbit.
you have no proof of this whatsoever, why on earth would all the rocks start floating into the sky? oh i know phsychic powers
7-A (Magnitude 8.5) <<<<<<<<<<<<<< High 6-A.
keep in mind it was extremely casual and was referred to as "playing"
A twenty kilometer-wide explosion is nothing.
not twenty kilometers, visible with the naked eye, also was already quite large.
Lady Miyako stating that Tetsuo "ravaged the Moon" is not the same as confirming that everything that occurred on the Moon was his doing. Him creating that little hole which set off a chain of events leading to the ring forming in orbit is enough to qualify for "ravaging".
you're saying a "20 km explosion" was powerful enough to collapse enough of the moon for the hole to be this large? mind you this panel after reading again, was only minutes after tetsuo got back from the moon, the whether was affected very soon after tetsuo got back.
Also, "end of the world" statements are not enough to qualify for 5-B either.
hence "possibly 5-B" as we dont know what exactly they meant or if it could overcome the GBE
also, what is is this "little hole" you keep referring to? scan?

Last edited:
you have no proof of this whatsoever, why on earth would all the rocks start floating into the sky?
I explained why, but in case you missed it:
since gravity is low on the Moon, all of that space rock just floated into the skies
not twenty kilometers
My apologies. It's twenty to one-seventy-five.
hence "possibly 5-B" as we dont know what exactly they meant or if it could overcome the GBE
yeah okay

I explained why, but in case you missed it:
hmmm, the timeframe also disproves this, why would they rise so quickly? even if it was gravity that caused them to float up, how would they all form a ring in less than an hour? you also contradicted yourself by saying the gravity was strong enough to crumble the debris and push them down, edit: removed contradiction part as it was a misunderstanding. but still how would the gravity be that weak, the moons gravity is only 1/6th of that seen in earths gravitational field, despiste this theres now way it would allow them to just float away(mind you the moon feat calc used violent fragmentation so there were tiny rocks as well).
while this seems closer to the size of the crater we see while the explosion is being made, the problem still remaining is the end crater being much larger than the crater we see while the explosion is being made. it crumbling away cant be true as the final crater takes up a significant portion of the moons surface gone and i dont see that much of it crumbling from the crater we originally see.
yeah okay
also, the size of of a circular island needed to be island level according to this page is a radius of around 29000 meters, and a diameter then of around 70-80km. the crater(one we see mid explosion) is visibly larger then this so therefore is anywhere from large island level to small country level. i have to go for a bit so you can take some time to propose and arguement

Last edited:
So if i could get in line with our goals right now
  • Find tetsuos Ap for moon feat
  • Calculate size of this crater
  • Decide whether or not the crater we see later was due to tetsuo
  • whether or not the ring was created by tetsuo
  • Takashis AP

hmmm, the timeframe also disproves this, why would they rise so quickly? even if it was gravity that caused them to float up, how would they all form a ring in less than an hour? you also contradicted yourself by saying the gravity was strong enough to crumble the debris and push them down, edit: removed contradiction part as it was a misunderstanding. but still how would the gravity be that weak, the moons gravity is only 1/6th of that seen in earths gravitational field, despiste this theres now way it would allow them to just float away(mind you the moon feat calc used violent fragmentation so there were tiny rocks as well).
can anyone respond to this? ill be going offline for the night so ill check in the morning. if you possibly could, it would be nice if we could wait to make a conclusion till tomorrow.

Can somebody write a list of the members who have helped out in this thread previously, so I can send a notification to them asking for further help?

Thank you. Can you calculate the energy involved as well please?

I originally thought it was gravity when I first read AKIRA, but then again we don’t know the exact timeframe
the timeframe is quite short, when we see the rocks rising we can see the dissipating explosion right beside it, meaning it cant be more than 30 minutes or so, and even if it was longer it would take much longer for a ring to form from just gravity.

edit: theres two possiblilities: tetsuo created the ring himself
or 2: the blast launched the debris at high enough speeds for them to quickly travel into orbit, this could be calced using the volume and density and then using KE

Last edited:
I think this would be appropriate to compare it to:

what do you mean? this only proves escape velocity is most likely usable, as the crater tetsuo made was 400x larger and much much much more powerful(100 megatons compared to country level explosion) and the explosion in the video made the debris fly up faster than the moons escape velocity, therefore the explosiom catapulted debris up into the air faster than escape velocity and tetsuo stops it an creates a ring.

I meant like mechanically how the explosions were made and the fallout of those explosions are similar

I'm not trying to disprove anything

what do you mean? this only proves escape velocity is most likely usable, as the crater tetsuo made was 400x larger and much much much more powerful(100 megatons compared to country level explosion) and the explosion in the video made the debris fly up faster than the moons escape velocity, therefore the explosiom catapulted debris up into the air faster than escape velocity and tetsuo stops it an creates a ring.
and, i cant believe we never noticed this, we can literally see debris raining down mutliple times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back