• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

As Santa slept to get his strength up in preparation for his 31 hour shift, the evil Freddy Krueger attacked. Freddy hated kids, so he decided to kill Santa for being a childhood figure. Santa finds himself in the dream world, confronted by Krueger, forced to fight for his life.

Santa Claus (Myth) vs Freddy Krueger (original). Santa does not have his sleigh, both have prior knowledge of each other (due to Santas clairvoyance and Freddy studying him), and speed is equalized.

Yes, I do know that even without his sleigh, Santa is way more durable and his lifting strength would easily allow him to tear Freddys body apart, but Freddy has quite a bit of hax and is a seasoned serial killer and fighter while Santa has no fighting experience.

Oh, and merry Christmas Eve.

Note: If this turns out to be a stomp in Freddys favor, I can unequalize speed while bloodlusting Freddy and allowing him to use all of his abilities to their full potential without his overconfidence issue to make sure it does not turn into a stomp due to Santas speed.

Pretty powerful.

Santa can't kill him. Best he can do is just weaken him significantly by not being scared.

Can he regenerate from his entire upper body being turned to paste?

He can regenerate from a finger (possibly). That should answer.

Christian Higdon said:
Can he regenerate from his entire upper body being turned to paste?
He can regenerate from a finger (possibly). That should answer.
Possibly? What do you mean possibly?

His Regenerationn is listed as High-Mid, so he could regenerate from a finger. I think his High-Mid feat is different from that, though.

He regenerated from his skeleton, which was lying in pieces. Santa could still tear him to shreds on a Low High scale depending on how fast his Regenerationn is. How fast can Freddy regen from bones?

Christian Higdon said:
His Regenerationn is listed as High-Mid, so he could regenerate from a finger. I think his High-Mid feat is different from that, though.
Not how that works. Just because you have High-Mid doesn't mean you can regenerate from anything that every high-mid regen character could. It's a like our tiering system. You can have two characters in the same tier, but one can have way higher AP than the other. Anyway, from what his profile says, he regenerated from a skeleton, but I'm not sure how much of his skeleton was left. Can someone link the feat?

Well, then. Freddy is impressive, but I'll say it's fair. Santa can AP him, but regen does good. I'll say Santa for soon enough tearing him up to where he'd need Low-Godly.

Yes, but can Santa take him down before he can use his hax? Keep in mind, Santa does know about his hax through clairvoyance, but Freddy also usually knows a lot about his targets, so they are both well aware that they could easily defeat each other.

Christian Higdon said:
Well, then. Freddy is impressive, but I'll say it's fair. Santa can AP him, but regen does good. I'll say Santa for soon enough tearing him up to where he'd need Low-Godly.
I doubt that Santa could could do more damage than anything Low-High or higher could regen from, but point taken.

Since speed is equalized and both could defeat the other and know this, it is really a matter of who can strike first. Santa has enough strength to literally tear Freddy to shreds (which they are both aware of), and can't be harmed by any of Freddys more conventional attacks, while Freddy could easily end this due to his hax (though Santa will know all of his abilities).

I could unequalize speed while making Freddy bloodlusted so he will go all out and start off with his hax right away and not pull any punches or let his cockiness get in the way when dealing with Santa due to him being well aware of the fact that Santa could easily speed blitz him. I could also have them start a long distance away (opposite ends of the dream world due to Freddys extended range.

Also, while Bloodlusted Santa Claus is both my dream and my nightmare all at once, Santa is getting a downgrade to Large Island level pretty soon. Will that affect anything?

So, really, this battle is AP vs hax. And a Large Island Santa is still enough to beat Freddy into the nethersphere with a smooch. So it's ok

I know Santa is pretty much a non combattant, but he has to defend himself. He also likely despises Freddy for all the evil things he has done.

Anyway, while both have full knowledge of each other and where they stack up, Santa has way greater strength and durability, while Freddy has hax and actual combat experience. Both could easily take the other out, though Freddy has a slight edge to due actual combat experience. I believe this mainly comes down to how well a lucid dreamer can resist Freddys hax. Santa has clairvoyance, and he is a pretty smart being, so he should know how effective it is against him and how to pull it off.

Looking at it, I see three ways this fight could go:

1: Santa rips Freddy to pieces before Freddy can use his hax 2: Freddy kills Santa with his hax, with Santa not being able to resist it. 3: Santa resists hax with lucid dreaming

Why doesn't Freddy just transmute him? or teleport away and sling him around with telekinesis or fire something at him, or any of his hax? Freddy knows Santa is strong, at least I am assume that due to the OP.

Wait. Got me a thought. If Santa doesn't have his sleigh, that means he isn't Large Island level, as his AP justification comes entirely from sleigh ramming

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
I am well aware of that, but his Lifting Strength is high enough that he could literally tear Freddy to shreds if he could get a hold of him.
Again, that's his sleigh's lifting strength. Not his own

Santa is aware of Freddys hax. I don't know how much that will help. Both could oneshot the other (Santa through tearing him apart and Freddy through his hax), they are both fully aware of how much of a threat they are to each other, and speed is equalized. That said, Freddy has the advantage of longer range and a long history of combat while Santa, without his sleigh and with speed equalized, is at standard melee range and has no combat experience. One thing that could allow Santa to win is the fact that Freddys abilities can be somewhat countered with Lucid Dreaming. Santa knows that per the guidelines I provided.

Headless, how do you see it going if Santa tries to use his imagination in the dream world to fight Freddy similar to how some of the characters in the films (particularly the third one) do?

Back