• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The master's of prep go H2H. John constantine vs The Batman(6:0:0).

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot about that.

find it funny that he has that powerful weapon but never uses it. very smart of him
Yeah. He could probably end 99% of conflicts instantly but decides to go into every fight with just a grappling hook and some batarangs lmao.
No amount of preparation is a match for the plot I guess.

We also have to account for the fact that Batman doesn't just rely on things he already has.
The likelihood that he'll literally invent something new to counter John specifically is extremely high.

Anyways, in case it wasn't obvious, I vote Batman.

What kind of thought based hax?
Paralysis Inducement, Damage Transferal (Gesture based), Body Puppetry, Mind Manip, BFR, possibly Pain Manip, Empathic Manip, Memory Manip, Time Stop
The spectre ain't omniscient on profile just unknown.
Look at the feat. Also, remember all the times Batman single-handedly stopped Darkseid?
He would actually need all he can get to defeat John since John is very unpredictable and always has something up his sleeves.
Lol no he wouldn't do that, unless you can show me him using these incredibly dangerous artifacts for anything less than a cosmic crisis I am not even gonna consider it.
I'm not sure why John not wanting to kill is an argument, since SBA forces him to be willing to do so.
SBA is not mentioned by OP and since SBA is stupid I interpreted this as an in-character match, you know, the actually good kind.
What does John do about a Yellow Lantern Ring?
Not in character
I don't think there's proof of that. They lost most of their combat abilities, but they're still nigh-omniscient.
Which means the intelligence argument is sort of moot since Batman not only has his own intelligence, but the Source's knowledge as well.
I liked when two face almost took over Gotham and Batman conquered the entirety of knowledge existent in the multiverse then erased him on a conceptual level, very cool of him.
Batman with a mother box, a lantern ring, and even energy from the speed force is a preparation god.
I mean the man can even turn himself into Superman.
Literally none of that shit is in character at all. Cuz if it was then why the **** wouldn't he be using it constantly?
We also have to account for the fact that Batman doesn't just rely on things he already has.
The likelihood that he'll literally invent something new to counter John specifically is extremely high.
NLF + He only has two weeks + He lacks the necessary magic knowledge to know most of Constantine's tricks let alone counter them

SBA is not mentioned by OP and since SBA is stupid I interpreted this as an in-character match, you know, the actually good kind.
That's literally the opposite of how it works.
Not in character

I liked when two face almost took over Gotham and Batman conquered the entirety of knowledge existent in the multiverse then erased him on a conceptual level, very cool of him.

Literally none of that shit is in character at all. Cuz if it was then why the **** wouldn't he be using it constantly?

NLF + He only has two weeks + He lacks the necessary magic knowledge to know most of Constantine's tricks let alone counter them
Bro he has 2 weeks of prep time against an extremely dangerous opponent.
It's perfectly in character for him to come up with a plan using whatever's effective if he has to.
Normally he just throws batarangs in character, he's obviously not going to do that.

Last edited:
That's literally the opposite of how it works.
Ok then john empathic haxes batman 13 days before the fight even starts then chops his head off while he's harmless, or tracks him with clairvoyance, stops time and kills him
Bro he has 2 weeks of prep time against an opponent with an extremely dangerous opponent.
It's perfectly in character for him to come up with a plan using whatever's effective if he has to.
Yes and he literally never does any of that with prep. Like, why the **** would he ever struggle with his street tier villains if he could just become an omniscient composite justice league?

Batman's prep time doesn't make him unbeatable. His prep time works against certain characters because of their unique weaknesses, which I don't think John has.

Aside from that, I am still confused about how he got the mother box. Did he get it during the darkseid invasion?

Ok then john empathic haxes batman 13 days before the fight even starts then chops his head off while he's harmless, or tracks him with clairvoyance, stops time and kills him
I am struggling to discern if you're joking or not.
Yes and he literally never does any of that with prep. Like, why the **** would he ever struggle with his street tier villains if he could just become an omniscient composite justice league?
Well, I suppose because he doesn't need it with street tier villains.
He does do it with prep, just against stronger opponents. That's literally what the contingency plans were, him using his prep time to prepare something OP against an opponent. We have these feats because he did do them before... in character.

I am struggling to discern if you're joking or not.
Why would I be?
Well, I suppose because he doesn't need it with street tier villains.
Yeah, the Joker or Ra's Al Ghul have never given Batman any trouble whatsoever. Never beaten him or killed those close to him
He does do it with prep, just against stronger opponents. That's literally what the contingency plans were, him using his prep time to prepare something OP against an opponent. We have these feats because he did do them before... in character.
Against cosmic or at least planetary threats. Not against a nicotine-addicted con man who stole one of his thousands of artifacts.

Even against cosmic dudes, he barely does anything... decent? Unlike someone like lex luthor.

Why would I be?
Because you're not making any sense. I'm not going to argue with you about the match conditions. You can take that up with the OP.
Yeah, the Joker or Ra's Al Ghul have never given Batman any trouble whatsoever.
Still wins at the end of the day, though. Idk, plot induced stupidity?
It reminds me of that Netflix Flash show, where he can do a whole day's worth of activities in some milliseconds but still gets hit by some slow-moving ice gun.
Against cosmic or at least planetary threats. Not against a nicotine-addicted con man who stole one of his thousands of artifacts.
This seems contradictory with your stance that John is such a threat he could instantly kill Batman even with 2 weeks of prep.

Because you're not making any sense. I'm not going to argue with you about the match conditions. You can take that up with the OP.

Still wins at the end of the day, though. Idk, plot induced stupidity?
Not always and certainly not easily
It reminds me of that Netflix Flash show, where he can do a whole day's worth of activities in some milliseconds but still gets hit by some slow-moving ice gun.
Boy just wait until you read a Flash comic book
This seems contradictory with your stance that John is such a threat he could instantly kill Batman even with 2 weeks of prep.
My stance is that if we want this to be a "who can hit the instant win button faster" contest then it's an incon, if we wanna actually look at how the characters would behave then Constantine has the better odds

Boy just wait until you read a Flash comic book
Is it even worse? lol
My stance is that if we want this to be a "who can hit the instant win button faster" contest then it's an incon, if we wanna actually look at how the characters would behave then Constantine has the better odds
Honestly, I can see it being incon. I'm sort of banking on the mother box to give Batman some insight since it's nigh-omniscient, but looking at the scan it actually seems he doesn't know to activate it?

Does anyone know if he learns later? Because if he never does I'm not sure why he's listed as having all its powers.

Is it even worse? lol
Sometimes. I think the issue is less that he jobs and more that DC has made him so strong that anything that isn't insta-winning feels like jobbing from him unless he's up against his stronger foes
Honestly, I can see it being incon. I'm sort of banking on the mother box to give Batman some insight since it's nigh-omniscient, but looking at the scan it actually seems he doesn't know to activate it?

Does anyone know if he learns later? Because if he never does I'm not sure why he's listed as having all its powers.
idk

Okay. Well, honestly Armorchompy I would agree you with Batman didn't have the Mother Box.
So actually I have to change my vote to nothing until I find that out, because to me it changes things drastically.

Spectre isn't omniscient on profile plus this feat is actually fooder he only tricked darkseid Batman did more than this to the extent darkseid is always wary of him at time he wants him by his side.
Paralysis Inducement, Damage Transferal (Gesture based), Body Puppetry, Mind Manip, BFR, possibly Pain Manip, Empathic Manip, Memory Manip, Time Stop
Batman has all this also plus resistance if I ain't wrong of some and most can be counter via help of his mother boxes and suits he has.

Lol no he wouldn't do that, unless you can show me him using these incredibly dangerous artifacts for anything less than a cosmic crisis I am not even gonna consider it.
He has numerous suits he used on the JL and even even planted krytonite into superman's brain something even lex was shocked about as he could do this to his own friend just for contingency measures.

Not in character
2 weeks prep....he would need all help he can get to neutralise him.

They both have prep time so he's applicable to use them.
If it wasn't with prep we wouldn't mention any of this.

I'm pretty sure it's stated Batman has knowledge about all JL members which includes John but not all his abilities but I'm sure of most.

Batman has immortality type 4 via prep.

Batman doesn't always prep for does kind of villains and most time he just meets them in the scene so no time to prep on them.

Batman's prep time doesn't make him unbeatable. His prep time works against certain characters because of their unique weaknesses, which I don't think John has
They could still work on John even if its for certain characters.

Aside from that, I am still confused about how he got the mother box. Did he get it during the darkseid invasion?
I don't really remember but I think in detective comics he stated to have them in each bat cave

Spectre isn't omniscient on profile
Read the feat again mate, he knows literally everything about john and john still snuck one past him.
Batman has all this also plus resistance if I ain't wrong of some
Not thought-based. And he only resists a few applicably.
I'm pretty sure it's stated Batman has knowledge about all JL members which includes John but not all his abilities but I'm sure of most.
John is barely in the JL and definitely would not show off all his tricks like that.
Batman has immortality type 4 via prep.
Out of character + maybe not even applicable time-wise
Batman doesn't always prep for does kind of villains and most time he just meets them in the scene so no time to prep on them
My own experience reading Batman tells me that ain't always the case
I'm pretty sure Batman always beats this guys easily even when they capture him.
Definitely not easily
I'm pretty sure John's a cosmic threat in DC.
Well be less sure, dude's a street tier who's sometimes tossed in cosmic scale plots and solves them with sheer ingenuity.

if we wanna actually look at how the characters would behave then Constantine has the better odds
I agree with this but Batman has outsmarted someone who can see every possibilities.
Is it even worse? lol

I think he has bit I've forgotten either detective comics or batman 2016.
Is it even worse? lol
After flash forward its been looking okay as of now.

You can check his profile
I mean I could, and I did, but don't know which one you are referring to

It's comics Batman even has a yellow Lantern ring infact and silver krytonite to give him kryptonian power permanently.
Also didn't he lose the yellow ring in the forever evil event? Also how tf did he even get one? That's not how rings worker, dumb writer

Read the feat again mate, he knows literally everything about john and john still snuck one past him.
This kind of thing happens alot and it ain't really impressive.
I can say I know everything about you but you do something I'm unaware off it's a classic thing in fiction.

Wouldn't Batman have to be in his range for this to work?

John is barely in the JL and definitely would not show off all his tricks like that.
But the few times with JL enough info on him would already be in Batman's possession and Batman would obviously know he has more tricks up his slee
I concede on this but it's a prep ability though

Okay but he doesn't always prep on street teir villains.
Definitely not easily
I'm pretty sure easily even the Robins go against this guys.

Definitely not easily

Well be less sure, dude's a street tier who's sometimes tossed in cosmic scale plots and solves them with sheer ingenuity.
Seems I don't have enough reason on Batman winning so you're voting john?

I can't believe the king of prep is gonna lose

Also didn't he lose the yellow ring in the forever evil event? Also how tf did he even get one? That's not how rings worker, dumb writer
You could check his profile overall.

I don't remember well but he did gain a black Lantern ring during the dark Knight death metal event.

You're voting John?

This kind of thing happens alot and it ain't really impressive.
I can say I know everything about you but you do something I'm unaware off it's a classic thing in fiction.
Yeah, but the Spectre wasn't lying.
Wouldn't Batman have to be in his range for this to work?
Yes but his range is fairly high and he can increase it with prep
But the few times with JL enough info on him would already be in Batman's possession and Batman would obviously know he has more tricks up his slee
definitely but he still does not know the specifics
I'm pretty sure easily even the Robins go against this guys.
Most Robins are better than Batman in one specific field and overall comparable, losing to them is no antifeat
Seems I don't have enough reason on Batman winning so you're voting john?
For now yes. For the record I do think Bats is smarter, John just has better day to day tools
I can't believe the king of prep is gonna lose
constantigos??

It's hinted that he does once but it's really vague so i did not put it in the profile. Mind you at the time I did not know what that was so maybe I missed some evidence, I am actually working on Vertigo John rn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back