• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he should at least scale speedwise.

I'm far too tired and disoriented right now to edit his page. I'll do it later

The problem with comparing him to Captain America and Spider-Man is that they have a ton of evidence putting them at peak human and class 10, respectively. There is no such contradicting evidence with The Mandarin. He was outright stated as having strength rivaling Iron Man right out of the gate, and has remained as such for 50 years. Literally the only contradiction of this is the Handbook.

No, he has not demonstrated superhuman strength rivalling Iron Man for 50 years. His only claim to fame is occasionally being portrayed as able to damage Iron Man's armor, in the same manner that Captain America and Spider-Man are consistently able to harm similar opponents due to plot convenience/Marvel's ongoing complete lack of powerscaling logic.

Psylocke was able to fight him on physically almost even grounds back when she was only a telepath, and every single official handbook ranking has stated that it is the rings, not himself, that are extremely powerful.

I am getting extremely tired of this, as I spent a lot of time yesterday helping you out by fixing the page, and giving him physical "At least Large Island" level statistics would open the doors for giving them to virtually every single highly trained Marvel character able to illogically damage opponents far out of their weight class. As such, I am not going to accept this, and would appreciate if you immediately drop the discussion.

Again, it's obvious to anyone who knows anything about Marvel that something like Captain America = Iron Man or Hulk is bullshit, and these are completely different situations so that's not good reasoning. Anyways, Mandarin has regularly beaten Iron Man in hand to hand combat.

Speaking as somebody who has probably read over 10000 Marvel comics over the years, it is the exact same type of situation. Captain America versus Hulk is just one example among very many of Cap, Wolverine, Spider-Man, etcetera harming or defeating opponents far outside of their weight classes by punching or cutting them. Marvel generally does not care at all about powerscaling logic in their matchups, but uses the handbooks to set the official record straight.

I am extremely uncomfortable with claiming that a Marvel character that has just trained extensively in the martial arts can physically reach High 6-C level power or above, as this would open the doors for scaling every single street or wall level Marvel profile to the same scale. It would mess up our entire system.

No, it wouldn't. The only people who would try to get High 6-C or higher Captain America are the people who know nothing about Marvel, wank Marvel, or are ******* with us. These people would do so regardless of the stats on Mandarin's page. They'd do so no matter what, because they either don't know better or want to. You're really overestimating the threat here.

And no, it isn't. Captain America isn't Hulk's archenemy. He deals with way more people on a way more regular basis, and it's the same with Hulk. The Mandarin has occasionally clashed with other people, and has mostly clashed with (and physically beaten) Iron Man.

Again, a large part of the characters that Captain America, and most similarly powerful characters, have fought and beaten are also extremely far outside of their leagues, and the Mandarin is similarly intended to simply have turned stronger by training hard, without even a super soldier serum. He has never demonstrated vast amounts of superhuman strength outside of the specific feat of striking Iron Man, and that was retconned into a force field feat. I would much rather trust the handbooks in this case, as it would mess too much with our system othervise.

Well, a highly skilled human martial artist being "At least High 6-C" without any supernatural power source whatsoever, is extremely suspicious to me, as it would completely contradict Marvel's general conventions regarding the issue. For example, by that logic Shang-Chi should also be "At least High 6-C" for being a superior martial artist to the Mandarin.

Also, I sent you a PM a little while ago.

You keep disregarding the stuff where I repeatedly mention that Mandarin is a chi user? I'm pretty sure he uses magic too. He's not just a highly skilled human martial artist.

Regular chi-users in Marvel do not tend to be that powerful on their own, as far as I am aware. I would much prefer to scale him from the official handbook, for the sake of consistency.

That's not consistent. We're chalking up every one of Mandarin's encounters with Iron Man as PIS, and he's Iron Man's archenemy.

Well, okay then. It is technically due to Marvel putting plot-induced stupidity into system, but it seems like I am outvoted.

I think everyone here is worrying too much about whether or not Mandarin can consistently hurt Iron Man rather than whether or not the feat Iron Man is scaled off of is consistent enough to reliably scale other people to.

Speaking as somebody who has probably read over 10000 Marvel comics over the years, it is the exact same type of situatio

Off topic but ant that's pretty no screw impossibly damn impressive considering marvel has only created about 26,000 comic issues. By your own omission you basically have read damn near half their catalogue.

IMG 1009
You can't say he meant if he states in a comment, unless you are ant himself you can't really guess or answer he meant 1000 matt.

No, I really have read several thousand Marvel comics over the years. That is why I am able to perceive the patterns in their storytelling structures.

I am autistic, with very severe OCD, and fixated on them when I was small, even though I technically disagree with several of the agendas that they have recently developed under Sana Amanat.

Well, I generally like Marvel Comics (Though prefer DC) and I also agree that they have reached a low-point as of late.

Yes, and in addition I have personal experiences with the staff acting like complete assholes towards me. I linked to that in my user page here.

Basically, I dislike several of the things that they currently stand for, but somehow continue to read their comics out of compulsive habit. I am reaching a tipping point when I will probably discard them completely though.

They won't bring the classic heroes back. It is a temporary event to symbolically let the old guard give their blessings to their successors.

We prefer full body shots with no background, and the current version was the only good image that I could find.

So, is anybody willing to fix the profile according to the above discussion results? Loki's profile likely also needs a massive revision based on the same principles.

Well, probably 4-B with magic, if we go by the principle that he has repeatedly been a challenge to Thor, and stalemated the Silver Surfer during their first encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back