• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Main Party vs The Side Party (The Prophesied Ones vs The Treasure Seekers) (GRACE)

So in a D&D campaign I'm DMing, we have 2 major parties. The main PC adventure party, and the NPC adventure party they found on their journey. And recently, I ran a one-shot campaign that was meant to act as a prequel for the NPC characters and how they came to be. So if the players adventuring party and the NPC adventuring party got into a fight, who's coming out on top? The Prophesied Ones or The Treasure Seekers?

Ground Rules:
  • Both teams start 30 feet away
  • Fight takes place in this small shopping district
  • Both sides have prior knowledge
  • Both sides have all standard equipment
Everyone scales to 0.461 Tons of TnT in one way or another

Who Wins?

The Players Level Up Again: 3 (Javenplayz253, Volt12121, ThePrimalHunter)
The DM Does A TPK: 0 ()
Incon: 0 ()

Last edited:
I've always wanted to do an dnd campaign! but either my friend's are too busy or I can't find anyone
Anyways what does everyone start with?

Anyways what does everyone start with?
All 10 of them?

Velana starts with either Eldritch Blast or Crown of Madness
Consif starts with going into a rage & charging the opponents
Fiona starts with either Thorn Whip or turning into a Griffin
Bee starts with a sneak attack & stabbing her opponents, followed up by her gunning them down
Lyndeer starts with an insult that hurts so bad it does physical damage

Hermionae starts with setting a snare before throwing a fireball
Birb starts with raging & charging
Halfomend starts with summoning either a small army of rats or one giant Griffin
Kreeb starts by sneaking up on his opponents and stabbing them with his dagger
Simba starts with hand-to-hand martial arts
I've always wanted to do an dnd campaign! but either my friend's are too busy or I can't find anyone
That is the most real thing I've seen all week

I only got my current players because one of them has a dad that's obsessed with D&D and he talked her into joining my campaign. And once she joined, I managed to talk everyone else into trying it out. 1.5 years later and the campaign is still kickin somehow

All 10 of them?

Velana starts with either Eldritch Blast or Crown of Madness
Consif starts with going into a rage & charging the opponents
Fiona starts with either Thorn Whip or turning into a Griffin
Bee starts with a sneak attack & stabbing her opponents, followed up by her gunning them down
Lyndeer starts with an insult that hurts so bad it does physical damage

Hermionae starts with setting a snare before throwing a fireball
Birb starts with raging & charging
Halfomend starts with summoning either a small army of rats or one giant Griffin
Kreeb starts by sneaking up on his opponents and stabbing them with his dagger
Simba starts with hand-to-hand martial arts
Yes

So people that are charging at people with projectiles are gonna be harmed due to everyone being the same tier I can see people with sneak attacks landing an hit on their target.

btw who would everyone go for? so this can be much easier for me :D

btw who would everyone go for? so this can be much easier for me :D
Well I'm not sure anyone would really target anyone, just start blastin and see who they hit. But if I had to guess it would probably be the following:

Velana would likely go after Birb due to having a range edge and knowing that if he closes distance with her, she's more-or-less screwed
Consif would likely go after Birb too due to Birb being the closest with him charging in and all
Fiona would either go after Hermionae to get rid of the ranged magic user or try to talk Halfomends summons to work with her instead of Halfomend
Bee would probably try to stealth attack Halfomend. He has the worst durability and a single good hit will instantly kill him
Lyndeer will proably insult Kreeb due to him forgetting to wear protection while with his girlfriend (They have prior knowledge on each other so Lyndeer would know this and would 100% go for this)

Hermionae will use spells like fireball, which is an AoE attack and will effect everyone in the area
Birb will likely make contact with Consif first so he'll go for her
Halfomend would just summon his creatures and from there the animals have an equal shot of going towards pretty much anyone
Kreeb would probably try to sneak attack Velana knowing that she's the most versitile spellcaster on the opposing team
Simba would probably end up going after Consif first due to her being the physically strongest and the closest

Well I'm not sure anyone would really target anyone, just start blastin and see who they hit. But if I had to guess it would probably be the following:

Velana would likely go after Birb due to having a range edge and knowing that if he closes distance with her, she's more-or-less screwed
Consif would likely go after Birb too due to Birb being the closest with him charging in and all
Fiona would either go after Hermionae to get rid of the ranged magic user or try to talk Halfomends summons to work with her instead of Halfomend
Bee would probably try to stealth attack Halfomend. He has the worst durability and a single good hit will instantly kill him
Lyndeer will proably insult Kreeb due to him forgetting to wear protection while with his girlfriend (They have prior knowledge on each other so Lyndeer would know this and would 100% go for this)

Hermionae will use spells like fireball, which is an AoE attack and will effect everyone in the area
Birb will likely make contact with Consif first so he'll go for her
Halfomend would just summon his creatures and from there the animals have an equal shot of going towards pretty much anyone
Kreeb would probably try to sneak attack Velana knowing that she's the most versitile spellcaster on the opposing team
Simba would probably end up going after Consif first due to her being the physically strongest and the closest
So Vel has mind manip so is Crown of madness physical or ranged?
Consif I could see getting back up after every hit birb gives her since regen and willpower so Vel and Con Can most likely team and defeat birb
Fiona is probably not going to take down herm so easy since the latter can still move despite having her eyes gouged out if she goes for the other route they'll most likely help her thanks to the 'rizzler'
Bee is Most likely killing Half because if fiona takes care of his summons he's helpless and can't do anything thanks to having the lowest stats out the bunch
Lyndeer can always put Kreeb to sleep then insult him tho he's asleep and won't hear it but lyndeer could just attack him with magic after that.

How will team Side quest counter?

So Vel has mind manip so is Crown of madness physical or ranged?
Crown of Madness is ranged. Keep in mind, willpower can influence if she can control somebody or not, so trying to mind tap Birb who has resisted far stronger mind manipulation through willpower won't be happening. Birb ain't going to pull a repeat of madness mountain anytime soon & kill off his own party
Lyndeer can always put Kreeb to sleep then insult him tho he's asleep and won't hear it but lyndeer could just attack him with magic after that.
Lyndeer only ever went for Sleep Manipulation once and it was against a mindless animal he couldn't insult. He's 100% going to go the insult route as he opens with that for pretty much every match
How will team Side quest counter?
Well, Hermionae is probably the most powerful individual person here, as even when she was weakened due to being a corpse and holding back, she could still give trouble to Velana and Consif, with them requiring assistance from Bee to put her down fully. So at full power she's going to be a nightmare. Especially with her AoE abilities such as Fireball, Ice Storm, Shatter, and Slow, and stuff like snare & earthbind restraigning people so that they can't move, making it far more difficult for them to do anything

Simba is probably the most skilled individual, though that can be up for debate

Birb is blatently shown to be more dangerous than Consif so in a 1v1 Birb is coming out on top there

And Fiona does have a soft spot for animals, so if she fails on talking the animals into helping her instead, the animals will be able to get in a few free sucker punches before she actually does anything to defend herself

After a brief look through all the profiles (Can probably look more in-depth when i have time) I'm mostly leaning towards the main party. Especially since they'd have better teamwork (Probably, don't know much about the verse) Especially with birb probably going crazy on The treasure seekers' end. Hermionae is listed to be as generally smart as Velena, sure, but she doesnt seem to have any strategy feats, unlike the latter.

Not making my vote just yet, but you get the point. (Lemme know if im incorrect about something i said pls)

Back