• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Courtesy of @Qliphoth_Bacikal who did these translations of the Steampunck Engine Dictionary and Sharnoth Short Stories. M is in need of revisions.

Existence Erasure​

M devoured St. George without leaving a single trace of his existence.
That was all he could say──
The old man who talked with the darkness disappeared into the courtyard without a trace. Not even a single trace of his existence remained, for he had disappeared. No, he was devoured in a moment. He was eaten. By whom? "Him", of course, who was writhing in endless darkness. He was engulfed by the black monstrous "wrist" that can crush, chew, devour, and destroy everything──

Resistance to Memory Manipulation​

The Omnipotent Man's/Leo's memory ability doesn't work on him

The man in Pitch Black, who goes by the name of "M", reacted differently to the young girl and would not be able to respond if he asked himself that. But it's another matter when one asks his follower, the quiet and beautiful Engine Human in male clothes Sebastian Moran. But this is based on the assumption that one can find her, who has been using optical camouflage to appear invisible from ordinary people's eyes. But, yes, there is someone who can ask his follower Moran. He who went by the name of the "Omnipotent Man", a Great Scholar ahead of his time who lives in the Desert City but is now in the western part of London, secretly contacted Moran and asked her a question about her master, the Pitch Black M, and the girl. Easily avoiding the web of the secret Society, "West India Company" that effectively controlled the whole of London, the response from Moran he received was "My master's actions, words, gestures, and expressions have changed dramatically". In his response, "I see. So, what do you want to do, Moran? If you ask me, that black monster acted very strangely the moment it took you in. But... forget it, then, what do you want to do?" From this second question, her memory received mechanical external interference and was erased along with the sporadic answers.
Therefore, it was left out of the Society's records. Naturally for the Pitch Black M, with its great perceptive power, knew about this, whether it was obstructed by the Omnipotent Great Scholar, or whether it simply ignored it, as usual, it recognized it as a phenomenon.

Nigh Omnipresence​

All darkness is under M's domain, and he exist as the darkness, one of the traits of the universe.
It is incomparable to the Old Ones. The Foreign God, the Black King, a real one who can exist as matter and that which is all of darkness is its domain.
The galaxy that encompasses our planet, the cluster of galaxies it gathers, and the vast infinite darkness that possesses it, that is, the universe, is one of the many certain traits in the universe that is black, darkness, and one of the Outer Gods.
M goes by many names: Black King, Shadow Builder, Darkness, Black, Crawling Chaos, Pitch Black etc. The Pitch Black is said to drift between planets and encompasses the entire universe.

[Black. Darkness.
The existence of the Pitch Black ether that drifts between the planets.
It encompasses the entire universe, the very universe itself.
It is one of the three elements that make up the world along with time and space.]

While Mary and Charlie were talking about the Shadow Builder/M, he was in her shadow, watching. Scans are here.

Again in Sharnoth, it's said he is the black, hence why the entire world of Sharnoth is the same as him. Scans here.

In short M exists in all areas of darkness, as one of the 3 elements that make up the world, will get to this later, about what it means for his existence/abstractness.

Abstract Existence​

M's isn't really male or female, isn't human or a living thing, he is the Black
Clad in Pitch Black, he, or perhaps it is called "he" in a later life because he sounds like a male, was in fact not human. It was neither male nor female, nor was it even a living being. It was Black. There was no other word to describe it. No, even its existence was doubtful at first, and most people who saw it wondered if someone was smoking opium around them, and then wondered if their eyes were hallucinating.
It was a dark, Pitch Black, shadow-like thing.
It was a black monster.

M existed before the creation of the universe, then when God said let there be light, he disappeared. He holds a grudge against things in bright places, and is the reason why the night is scary. Scans here.

M is a conceptual entity that is of Jet Black

"What kind of person are they?"

"They are not human.
The《Society》has concluded that they are a highly conceptual entity."

"A concept?"

"Yes. That of Jet Black."

"Then it is only a metaphysical entity.
They are an illusion, something that should not have a physical effect on mankind and the world."

"Not really."

『──?』

"?"

"It is that which is beyond comprehension.
It is that which is beyond human understanding.
If you call it an illusion, for example, then sure, that would be it."

The man shrugged his shoulders.
The gesture was much like the gestures of Engine factory workers swearing at the still engine smoke, but the soft light didn't even notice it.

"No. It has influence...
Rather, it's something else.
On the contrary, everything could be a part of that reason and law. For example, in the distant past, beyond time, space and causality, his "Jet Black" devoured several infinitely stacked, multilayered universes that multiply indefinitely. Or even that..."

As stated there he is the concept of Jet Black, his Jet Black beyond time, space and causality, devoured infinitely stacked universes. His Jet Black is beyond space-time essentially.

As i posted in the nigh omnipresence section, he is the darkness which is one of the 3 traits which make up the universe.

The darkness of Sharnoth really is just an extension of him, and he existed before the universe can to be.

In short he is conceptual entity that is transcendent of reality, thus qualifies as a type 2 concept.

Last edited:
Also forgot, as if what i posted wasn't enough for proof of nigh-omnipresence, Baron, M's alter ego, also literally was appearing in multiples places at once, out of people's shadows no less.

Happens here at 2:12 to the end.

Forgot we had that one of Baron as well.

That makes it even more convincing for the Black King.

And of course, I naturally agree given all of the information I have to go through and come across.

Since M is becoming nigh-omnipresent, teleportation probably needs to be removed from his profile, cause the reasoning for it is exactly why he is nigh omnipresent, appearing out of nowhere and in multiple places at once. He isn't teleporting, he was already there to begin with.

Do we need to separate his speed rating between Immeasurable and Nigh-omnipresence? Seen profiles do that before, but that was cause there was like a difference between the 2, like they are physically 1 thing and nigh omnipresent in their true form or mind or something.

M is nigh-omnipresent but in addition time, space, distance and causality are all meaningless to him. Guess we could just put all the reasonings under nigh omnipresence.

Also is nobody batting an eye at the voring of St. George?
Like, that’s just there?

Overall I am good with this.

@00potato I mean M is an abstract being of darkness that is unfeeling and doesn't care about devouring infinitely stacked universes with life. He isn't good, just a force of nature, which is why he is scary.

Meanwhile the actual villain of this series, Edison, Mr Space-time, is literally another M, same existence, function etc, except he ate Yog-Sothoth to becoming all of space time, and has an interest in making all intelligent life suffer, and is responsible for pretty much every bad thing in verse, from wiping out 90% of the world's population in another universe, only for the survivors to be hunted down by cyber zombies, to causing an entire city to be closed off, with the inhabitants being mutated, some into fish and rocks.

Point is horrible things happening in verse is normal.

So trying to do the edits, but can't cause apparently there is a slur word, no clue what that is.

Jet Black, Pitch Black, maybe that's triggering it? Those have been on his profile before now though so idk.

Last edited:
I mean at least with M, he killed off an infinite number of universes as some form of act of kindness (said literally by WoG no less), while Edison or the Moon King (in contrast to M, the Black King) would have had those universes be his playground of torture and hell.

@Celestial_Pegasus Hmm, not sure what that could be either.

Celestial:

Which page(s) do you have a problem with? I could check through it/them for anything that triggers our filter.

I was getting some kind of blankness looking at it but finally got around it.

Looking at it, I'm not seeing any word on there that would even indicate that it's a slur. It's either a glitch, or the system used to filter out slur words has a lot used to filter/block their us

You can try to upload the image again and get a new link location that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back