• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the General Discussion

Yeah, I really like his ALTTP artwork, not to mention the Final Boss Fight has always been something I found real memorable. Even if future Zelda games may have gotten the cinematic feel, most of them lacked the challenge of this one. Calamity Ganon with Three Hearts is where it's truly at though.

So what's up with the theories about Ganondorf possibly being a hero when he is clearly depicted as a bad guy?

The one I like better is that the past hero Link of the Botw time-line might have been a zonai and the current link might be a direct decandent which makes sense since only our boy can will that sweet sword of his. The home of the Zonai. They are thought to have worshipped a water dragon, since the area has many rock carvings dedicated to such a being. The stone structure surrounding the Spring of Courage bears the face of a large dragon, and this place must have been a sanctuary for the Zonai as well.

And all of this kinds of fit what Link represents... Courage that's his whole jam it would also explain why that green light hand (Zonai ancient magic) touched Link and fused with him since it also fits the them of it all.

Red/Calamity/Power/Ganon

Bleu/Sheika(Hylians defenders in other words Zelda) /wisdom guardian tech/Zelda.

Green/tribes of warriors heroes/courage/Link (and the fact the Zonai warrior wielded the master sword kind of helps) so at some point Link was a bad ass red head?

I hope we see him again, Tingle is the best and most powerful character in the series and it'd be a waste not to have him in future games.

Wasn't there a calc that put Tingle at Planet level+ that Cal made a while back? I think it was rejected and/or deemed outlier, but it was a fun calc. Actually, the primary criticism was the canonicity issues.

And one more thing on that theory (never seen anyone else talk about it Links relationship with the zonai) As we were in the process of creating the cities and people of every region of Hyrule, we thought that if we showed fragments of a civilization that collapsed long ago, it would make the world feel more real. That's why we added Zonai relics throughout Hyrule. The ruins are primarily animal themed, but with the history of the Triforce in mind. The designs are symbolic -using dragons (courage), owls (wisdom), and boars (power). And, yes, their name is a pun. "Zonai" is a take on nazo, a word meaning "mystery" in Japanese. CREATING A CHAMPION PAGE 342, DEVELOPER'S NOTE OF SENIOR LEAD LANDSCAPE ARTIST, MAKOTO YONEZU

Kind of cool the part with the animal's it would explain why Ganon is a boar why that ******* owl is so knowledgeable on the royal family but more specifically Zelda and why Link as a weird relationship with anything draconic like in Skyward or Botw when saving the Dragon and it seems to think you feel familiar.

And Zonai predates even The Sheikas, the Zonai civilization has been lost to modern Hyruleans thus the purpose of their ruins are a mystery and apparently predate the Sheikah's construction of the Shrines and Sheikah Towers 10,000 years before Breath of the Wild.

That's insane Additionally the book states that in modern Hyrule the Zonai are spoken of in hushed whispers as insanely strong magic welders.

I hope new game mechanic is going to allow us to go crazy with magic maybe that's why Link was so impressive at the age of 4 he was the best weapon master in all of hyrule at the age of 4 probably related to the fact he might be a Zonai ancient tribe of barbarian warriors skilled in magic and combat.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Wasn't there a calc that put Tingle at Planet level+ that Cal made a while back? I think it was rejected and/or deemed outlier, but it was a fun calc. Actually, the primary criticism was the canonicity issues.
Large Planet level I believe. I don't know why it would've been considered an outlier or whatever since the Tingle games are clearly their own things not connected to the main series. I recall there even being a tier 4 feat for him in Balloon Trip of Love.

So can't we just give him back that feat I mean it's outside of the main cannon Zelda universe and yes Ballon trip of love did have a weird tier 4 if I recall correctly.

I think the feat is against Majiyo when she brings tingle in a other dimension and she grows in size in her final forms or whatever.

LOL have fun mate.

I forgot how similar that game was to the wizard of Oz o.0...

Sealing is from ALTTP and sealing the Maidens into tiny crystals and Transmutation is from Zamt spefically using Ganons magic to turn Midna into imp Midna.

@Dust Collector

It looks nice, but I kind of like the tab set-up that we have now more. Having a tab of him both with and without the ToP is a better structure IMO.

The Notable Techniques section is much better though.

And isn't the Ganon from Four Swords Adventures a different Ganondorf?

I knew I forgot something. While looking over my sandbox the pasy several days I kept thinking something was missing and you just reminded me what it was. Won't be hard to split the tabs up like that. And yeah the Ganon from FSA is a different Ganon, I just stuck him in there as a key and was gonna ask on the CRT if people would prefer if he was a key or his own profile.

Dust Collector said:
I knew I forgot something. While looking over my sandbox the pasy several days I kept thinking something was missing and you just reminded me what it was. Won't be hard to split the tabs up like that. And yeah the Ganon from FSA is a different Ganon, I just stuck him in there as a key and was gonna ask on the CRT if people would prefer if he was a key or his own profile.
Yeah something like: Base, With ToP, With Twilight Powers, et cetera.

And peronsally, I think he deserves his own profile.

Also originally, I was going to say that Calamity Ganon could probably be a new Ganon as well - but recent evidence in the BOTW 2 trailer dictates that the Ganondorf there might be the one from Twilight Princess.

So I plan on waiting for the game for confirmation on those theories before suggesting that he gets his own page as well.

Yeah, his base tab isn't too radically different from the current Standard Abilities tab I had in place as most of his abilities don't actually come from the ToP but it looks nicer and more organized then before. I expect a lot of people to agree with you on the fact FSA Ganon should be his own profile, and I agree it's best to wait for BOTW 2 before thinking about giving Calamity Ganon his own profile.

So, I found this:

"ÒâÅÒéñÒâ®Òâ½ÒéÆÒÇÇÕëÁÒéèÒüƒÒü¥ÒüäÒüù ÕÅñõ╗úÒü«ÒÇÇþÑ×ÒÇàÒéê´╝ü õ╗èÒüôÒüØÒÇÇÕ░üÕì░Òü«µëëÒÇÇÚûïÒüìÒüª Ú鬵é¬Òü¬ÒéïÒÇÇÚùçÒü«ÕîûÞ║½ÒéÆ ÕåÑÕ║£Òü«Õ¢╝µû╣Òü©ÒÇÇÞæ¼ÒéèÒüƒÒü¥Òüê´╝ü´╝ü"

"Ancient gods who created Hyrule! Open the sealed door now and entomb the evil incarnation of darkness beyond the realm of the dead!!"

Basically, Rauru explicitly states that Ganondorf has been sent "beyond the realm of the dead". I'm unsure if this would change anything, like the strength of Zelda's sealing in BOTW because maybe there's a statement that I don't know of that connects the two, a good feat for Ganondorf for breaking free or maybe something minor like resurrection. The latter is not combat applicable regardless, but still. Or maybe it's just poetic speech, though it seriously starts to feel bad when everything in Zelda is considered flowery language.

Another small tidbit I found is that Sheik says, about the legend above the Triforce split, that the other two Triforce pieces don't go to "those chosen by destiny" but to "those chosen by the gods" in Japanese, which at least is more consistent with WW and TP.

So, I've read a bit of Master Works (or "Creating a champion") and there's actually a good deal of interesting stuff, both for this wiki and for theorizing.

6F9FA085-B087-4D06-A4B3-7373B218087B
This description is rather peculiar. I'm not sure if we consider this canon, but it's still interesting.

EBC9696B-8F35-4508-B006-1DD2E1D90E39
Plot twist, the Ganon we see outside the castle is nothing more than Malice. Ganon probably remained in that cocoon for all the time he was sealed, as other scans point out.

E404ACFE-7315-496E-B4AD-6F362DA4A389
Here it is. Ganon always remained there.

FF1881B0-DB4B-4604-A07F-E1B40EA8F33F
Oh oh oh, Zelda can negate Regenerationn, too apparently.

I'll finish posting later.

No one commenting on the above...

Anyway, let's go on.

9D5C5858-97D5-4343-B306-DE652A3D8850
It is implied that Ganon rose to power many times between OoT to 10,000 years prior to BOTW, probably more than the current games.

1F691210-43B9-484D-844A-1F69DE7958CD
Calamity Ganon could feel Link awakening from Hyrule Castle even when he was restricted by Zelda.

A7C6A671-B497-41F3-A484-B7A32A80F6B5
Defies all understanding=1-A clearly ovo Neat small piece of lore about Ganon, though already known.

0A65CE72-0023-4523-AE23-94043E03C9F2
I think it was stated in the games but I don't remember. The fact that Calamity emerged from the beneath Hyrule Castle supports the theory Calamity is just a creation of corpse Ganon, as he is, too, seemingly down there.

B86B329A-EF33-4D1B-91A9-61AEE3F8B051
So, the barrier of light isn't gameplay mechanics but it's something created by Zelda. That's cool.

AE38774D-7F77-4422-B0BB-FF5B2CD971B4
It doesn't say much about the Zonai, but the little it says is very interesting.

4D9C9D62-1D9D-4379-8A68-493F46D9DF61

Back