• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I enjoy that you are having two region imprisioned deities / reality warping demons demons fight each other. Honestly though, the Lady of Pain's page needs a little work.

That said, the problem with this match-up is that a lot of the Lady of Pain's details are intentionally hidden in obscurity. She has done things like end the immortal deity Aoskar with a mere thought and traps people in convoluted torture mazes located in pocket dimensions. I hesitate to say that she couldn't do the same to Bill.

Bill Cipher also has a track record of being defeated by stupid shit, but that's Disney for you.

I'm going to go with inconclusive due to lack of details on the Lady of Pain, but I'm otherwise leaning in her favor.

She doesen't reallly... fight.

1d4chan says it best.

"She is left deliberately statless to prevent powergaming players trying to fight her or actually coming up with ways to defeat her in combat, and is automatically assumed to win whatever fight she gets into. Her attacks basically go like this: The Lady of Pain floats toward you. Her shadow falls over you, and you feel the pain of ten thousand knives flaying the flesh from your bones. You die. The only way to defend against the Lady of Pain's attacks is to grab your character sheet before the DM manages to tear it up."

The problem with TLoP is that she doesn't have many feats, but has high power. She's left without feats to further inspire awe, as any feat stated wouldn't be enough.

Inconclusive until more data on TLoP is found.

It may be just a weird case of being stupid, but can't she just kill Greater Deities (2-As) with a thought, nullifying their immortality?

Logically an immortal is immune to death inducement but this isn't always the case. So i would say if TLoP's death inducement has killed immortals it might work on Bill.

I'm sticking with Bill because his regen might well keep TLoP from killing him and her Mazes might not hold Bill for long enough; there is also the possibility that his resistances might prevent him from being trapped in the LoP's mazes depending on how they work.

Delta3000 said:
I'm sticking with Bill because his regen might well keep TLoP from killing him and her Mazes might not hold Bill for long enough; there is also the possibility that his resistances might prevent him from being trapped in the LoP's mazes depending on how they work.
The mazes tend to be as secure as the DM needs them to be. Canotically, very few people have escaped her mazes (I think three, but again I'm not an expert in Planescape). Rowen Darkwood escaped, but it's dubious whether or not the Lady of Pain intentionally let him escape. In Planescape Torment, the immortal Nameless One (main character) can escape her maze. Finally, Djhek'nlarr is a githyanki who maps the Lady of Pain's mazes. She tricks people into irritating the lady of pain so that they get mazed, follows their cord through the astral plane, and then maps it out. She then follows her own psychic trail out of the maze, something you can't really do if you're sent there the 'normal' way.

She always leaves an unmarked portal to escape said mazes, but they can be as endless or convoluted as she wishes.

Bill Cipher would probably eventually escape, given that he'd have endless amounts of time to do so. That'll happen when you have two abstract beings dueling each other.

I still lean towards the Lady of Pain, but it's still difficult for me to say because they didn't really intend for her to have conventional stats or defined limits.

How does getting mazed work? are you teleported in or is the maze created around you with reality warping?

@eliminatorvenom

In that case Bill's resistance to space-time manipulation may prevent the forced teleport into the maze. Bill could also destroy the maze with his own powers.

Back