• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The King Kong Gun Calc is Blatantly Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accepted Calc (here) for the King Kong Gun takes the value for the Moment of Inertia from a previous Calc (here) which squares the wrong value.

Moment of Inertia (assuming a point like mass) is determined by [Mass * (Distance to Rotational Axis)^2] (source), however, the blog doesn't square the distance to the rotational axis, it squares the mass!
I = wm2
  • w = 84 m
  • m = 3.04e9 kg
84*(3.04e9)^2 = 7.76e20 kg m^2
As a result, the inertia mass of land that gets folded becomes comparable to the mass of the Dwarf Planet Ceres (9.1*10^20 kg) (Seriously, how did nobody in this thread catch this???)

The proper inertial mass should be-
  • 3.04e9 * 84^2 = 2.145024×10^13 kg*m2
  • Not 7.76 * 10^20 kg*m2
In other words, the current King Kong Gun calc (210 Gigatons) is 36,176,751.4 times higher than what it should be, or 5.8 Kilotons / baseline Town level.

(I wish I could say April Fools...)

Last edited:
Also could you @ other calc group members please? I don't know how this affects the scaling or profiles, but it needs to get fixed ASAP
Doesn't effect anyone but Luffy. No mid-tiers scale and no god-tiers scale. KKG should've always had just a G3 multiplier imo. At best it was a one-shot amp

God this wiki can genuinely be hilarious: Ussop getting healing via a scam, one chick beating up 8 dudes at once and a Luffy calc 36,176,751.4 times higher than what it should be. Only thing more funny would be the strongest tier 0 character on the wiki having a completely wrong justification, but that can't be true, right?

I see... I must admit I had a suspicion that something was up with the calc to get that kind of result but didn't spot the actual issue.

Well spotted.

I suppose since Luffy's profile is the only one affected we just need to remove the calc from Luffy and the verse page.

God this wiki can genuinely be hilarious: Ussop getting healing via a scam, one chick beating up 8 dudes at once and a Luffy calc 36,176,751.4 times higher than what it should be. Only thing more funny would be the strongest tier 0 character on the wiki having a completely wrong justification, but that can't be true, right?
Rando fodders having a better profiles than the protagonists, and a prota who is so forgetable it took 4 months to realize his rating was outdated

Also reinhard wank was real funny

I see... I must admit I had a suspicion that something was up with the calc to get that kind of result but didn't spot the actual issue.

Well spotted.

I suppose since Luffy's profile is the only one affected we just need to remove the calc from Luffy and the verse page.
Alright then, that sounds like a quick fix. I removed it from the Verse Page- can someone unlock Post-Timeskip Luffy's profile?

Last edited:
Alright then, that sounds like a quick fix. I removed it from the Verse Page- can someone unlock Post-Timeskip Luffy's profile?
Remember to add the original value to the KKG AP. I can't find the thread, but it originally scaled x4 higher than Gear Four IIRC

Remember to add the original value to the KKG AP. I can't find the thread, but it originally scaled x4 higher than Gear Four IIRC
Should I have also added back in these notes on the Verse's page?
*The lower High 7-A's like [[Monkey D. Luffy (Post-Timeskip)|Beginning of Timeskip Gear 4th: Boundman Luffy]] are scaled 9x stronger than the [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ck_on_a_big_Island#Doflamingo.27s_String_Dura Doflamingo Durability's Calc] ('''1.103 Gigatons''')
*The higher High 7-A's like [[Monkey D. Luffy (Post-Timeskip)|Beginning of Timeskip Gear 4th: Boundman Luffy's Strongest Attacks]] are scaled to be 16x stronger than the [https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ck_on_a_big_Island#Doflamingo.27s_String_Dura Doflamingo Durability's Calc] ('''1.961 Gigatons''')
*The 6-C's like [[Monkey D. Luffy (Post-Timeskip)|Post-Katakuri Fight Gear 4th: Boundman Luffy's Strongest Attacks]] are scaled to be at least 4x stronger than the lower High 7-A's ('''4.412 Gigatons''')

Should I have also added back in these notes on the Verse's page?
Yeah, if it's possible to just add it back to before it was edited into the high 6-C, then that's the best option I think. (As KKG was the only major change for Luffy and the 6-C addition). Unelss any mod has something to change/edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back