• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

the joker vs curious george

you seem to be confusing meters per second with kilometers per hour. usain bolt's top speed is 44 km/h, or 12.27 m/s. george's speed is nearly double that.
still not enough for a blitz.
george can take a shot. he can take twice as many joules as arthur's gun can dish out.

george is bloodlusted. here he would have the mindset of a wild chimpanzee.
piercing. you can take 5x as much as a gun can dish out and still die from being shot in the head because all the energy the gun is exerting is focused on a sharp point. it's why a gun that's only Street level can shoot right through concrete. is George's skin tougher than concrete? no

bloodlust doesn't mean a small monkey who's been sheltered from the jungle and has never thrown a single punch in his entire life suddenly knows how to fight.

Arthur shoots him. that's my vote.

still not enough for a blitz.
never said it was. the problem here is that arthur has to draw his weapon, take aim, and fire. george has to throw a punch. it doesn't help that george is faster, meaning he's more likely to land that first hit or just aim dodge arthur's shots.

never said it was. the problem here is that arthur has to draw his weapon, take aim, and fire. george has to throw a punch.
the problem here is that george has to throw a punch he doesn't know how to throw.

it doesn't help that george is faster, meaning he's more likely to land that first hit or just aim dodge arthur's shots.
yeah sure, bloodlust means he's going to immediately aimdodge a gun being fired at him when he's never seen what a gun does, let alone been shot at.

yeah sure, bloodlust means he's going to immediately aimdodge a gun being fired at him when he's never seen what a gun does, let alone been shot at.
fair enough
the problem here is that george has to throw a punch he doesn't know how to throw.
...i'm sorry, what? how the **** would he not know how to punch things? i've seen literal toddlers whacking shit with their fists. the idea that george wouldn't know how to perform a basic ******* motor function is just completely stupid.

you wanna know how a bloodlusted domesticated chimp fights? take a look at travis the chimpanzee. even if you domesticate them, chimps can still be ******* crazy. except george would be even more dangerous than travis because he actually grew up in the wild, and he isn't overweight like travis was.

fair enough

...i'm sorry, what? how the **** would he not know how to punch things? i've seen literal toddlers whacking shit with their fists. the idea that george wouldn't know how to perform a basic ******* motor function is just completely stupid.

you wanna know how a bloodlusted domesticated chimp fights? take a look at travis the chimpanzee. even if you domesticate them, chimps can still be ******* crazy. except george would be even more dangerous than travis because he actually grew up in the wild, and he isn't overweight like travis was.
Travis the chimp was 13 years old. the quick google I did before I posted in here for the first time says george is only 2.

and a telegraphed punch isn't something people know how to do at that age. I had to be taught how to punch by my mom at 4. shit since we're going by "I've seen such and such people do such and such thing" now, the most rowdy toddlers I've ever seen hit people with open hands whenever they hit people at all, and that includes my little brother.

it's actually funny you mention travis the chimp anyway. you know what happened when he encountered someone who had a gun? he got shot.
he's a bloodlusted chimpanzee, he's going to rip arthurs face off
he's a bloodlusted chimpanzee who's two years old and never been in a fight before.
george is out here doing parkour on buildings and shit and you think he can't swing his arm forcefully lmao
this doesn't deserve a response.

Last edited:
Travis the chimp was 13 years old. the quick google I did before I posted in here for the first time says george is only 2.
that doesn't actually have anything to back it up. it would be impossible for anyone to even know how old george is, because george had spent his entire life in the jungle until the man with the yellow hat found him. in fact, considering how intelligent george is, as well as the fact that he can take jobs and go to space, i'd say the evidence that george is at least somewhat mature far outweighs the evidence that he isn't.
it's actually funny you mention travis the chimp anyway. you know what happened when he encountered someone who had a gun? he got shot.
george is considerably faster than travis was. plus, the officer who shot him already had his weapon drawn, and travis had to get through the door of the car before he could attack the officer, which would have given him time to aim his gun. all the officer really had to do was pull the trigger.
he's a bloodlusted chimpanzee who's two years old and never been in a fight before.
he isn't two, and he probably has some experience considering that he grew up alone in the jungle.

that doesn't actually have anything to back it up. it would be impossible for anyone to even know how old george is, because george had spent his entire life in the jungle until the man with the yellow hat found him. in fact, considering how intelligent george is, as well as the fact that he can take jobs and go to space, i'd say the evidence that george is at least somewhat mature far outweighs the evidence that he isn't.
that first part doesn't mean he spent that long in the jungle to begin with. it just means that's where the man in the yellow hat found him.

most chimps wouldn't be hired for the kind of jobs george does at any age, so i have no idea where you're getting that from. we're talking about a cartoon where one of the plots revolves around a lone chimp walking around an airport while waiting for a flight, without police or animal control getting involved. rules of society barely exist in Curious George, you can't determine age based on how soceity treats him.

this is a chimp that's a child. this is George. they're the same size and build. I'm not gonna go hunt down a scan that says he's two, but even without that, he's clearly supposed to be a child.
Geeoororge is considerably faster than travis was. plus, the officer who shot him already had his weapon drawn, and travis had to get through the door of the car before he could attack the officer, which would have given him time to aim his gun. all the officer really had to do was pull the trigger.
that isn't true and I actually have a source that says otherwise
  • When the first police officer arrived, Travis staggered up to his car and opened the door. As New York magazine describes it:
  • The officer lurched. He struggled to remove his gun from its holster. His body became wedged against the center-console computer. Travis stared into the car, baring his blood-streaked teeth. In one swift motion the officer at last released his gun and fired four rounds.
he isn't two, and he probably has some experience considering that he grew up alone in the jungle.
I already addressed this one so see above.

Last edited:
that first part doesn't mean he spent that long in the jungle to begin with. it just means that's where the man in the yellow hat found him.
my point was that we have no idea how long he spent there. it could be two years, it could be ten.
a chimp wouldn't be hired for the kind of jobs george does at any age, so i have no idea where you're getting that from. we're talking about a cartoon where one of the plots revolves around a lone chimp walking around an airport while waiting for a flight, without police or animal control getting involved. the people in Curious George don't behave realistically.
it probably wouldn't be legal for a two year old to become an astronaut. i don't care if it's a cartoon, there's a point where you have to use some level of common sense.
this is a chimp that's a child. this is George. they're the same size and build. he's clearly supposed to be a child.
george's size is incredibly inconsistent. sometimes, he'd be under two feet tall. other times, he's about 4 foot 7 (only four inches shorter than the height of a fully grown chimp).
that isn't true and I actually have a source that says otherwise
  • When the first police officer arrived, Travis staggered up to his car and opened the door. As New York magazine describes it:
  • The officer lurched. He struggled to remove his gun from its holster. His body became wedged against the center-console computer. Travis stared into the car, baring his blood-streaked teeth. In one swift motion the officer at last released his gun and fired four rounds.
so travis was just standing there? the officer would have had more than enough time in that case.

my point was that we have no idea how long he spent there. it could be two years, it could be ten.
which is why you can't assume he's an adult if he isn't depicted that way.
it probably wouldn't be legal for a two year old to become an astronaut. i don't care if it's a cartoon, there's a point where you have to use some level of common sense.
it wouldn't be legal for a chimp of any age to be hired as a window washer, yet that's exactly what happens in one of george's stories. it's not common sense to assume george being hired for a job means he's old enough to work that job by human standards when the same work he comes from gives him a job that chimps aren't even allowed to do IRL.
george's size is incredibly inconsistent. sometimes, he'd be under two feet tall. other times, he's about 4 foot 7 (only four inches shorter than the height of a fully grown chimp).
and yet he still has the build of a child-age chimp and is seen being carried on the man in the yellow hat's neck more times than not. (when he wouldn't even fit on the man's neck if he were 4 foot 7)
so travis was just standing there? the officer would have had more than enough time in that case.
a moment or two extra at most.

Edit: if my vote is counted then i'm done here. i've done enough debating with the OP on their own thread and this is just going in circles now.

which is why you can't assume he's an adult if he isn't depicted that way.
i'm not saying he's an adult. i'm saying he isn't 2.
it wouldn't be legal for a chimp of any age to be hired as a window washer, yet that's exactly what happens in one of george's stories. it's not common sense to assume george being hired for a job means he's old enough to work that job by human standards when the same work he comes from gives him a job that chimps aren't even allowed to do IRL.
"chimps aren't allowed to wash windows" =/= "a two year old isn't allowed to be an astronaut". one is a fact, the other is just the thought process of a sane human being. i don't think curious george's cartoon logic goes that far.
and yet he still has the build of a child-age chimp
the build of a child-age chimp doesn't seem to be that different from the build of an adult chimp. imo it's mostly a size difference.
and is seen being carried on the man in the yellow hat's neck more times than not. (when he wouldn't even fit on the man's neck if he were 4 foot 7)
george isn't 4 foot 7. that isn't my point. my point is that george's size doesn't really mean much to the argument considering how much it varies from scene to scene.
a moment or two extra at most.
yes.
Edit: if my vote is counted then i'm done here. i've done enough debating with the OP on their own thread and this is just going in circles now.
okay.

This feels like a big shitpost and I love it.

While the people above are right that George blitzes. I do feel like The Joker's pain tolerance would help. Not to mention the argument of George's lack of experience. Which would give Arthur a decent advantage.

Currently I'm not 100% sold on either side. But I'm leaning towards Arthur

i can't add this until my calc gets accepted
59005568_60x60.png

Back