• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Incredible Hulk Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I know that The Incredible Hulk movie is canon to the mcu, but why is that it isn't added in the profile as a different key or even a profile apart? Because I'm mean, everything about the move is completely different from the hulk of the avengers and mcu in general. The cast, effects, director, atmosphere, feats level, etc. Everything is different so I'm geniunely curious, because at least personally I would like that version of Hulk having his own section and the idea of be able to do fights with him is also something that I would like

Last edited:
It doesnt make a lick of sense to do a seperated profile based off things such as a different "director", "atmosphere", "effects" and "cast" (which is not entirely correct because Ross is the same actor).

This is as stupid as to make different profiles for thor dark world and ragnarok cus one is more funny than the other.

Banner literally says he “Broke Harlem” in the fist Avengers movie, which technically he did so in the 2008 Hulk movie when fighting Abomination. So yes, 2008 Hulk is canon to the MCU even if the actor changed

It doesnt make a lick of sense to do a seperated profile based off things such as a different "director", "atmosphere", "effects" and "cast" (which is not entirely correct because Ross is the same actor).

This is as stupid as to make different profiles for thor dark world and ragnarok cus one is more funny than the other.
Banner literally says he “Broke Harlem” in the fist Avengers movie, which technically he did so in the 2008 Hulk movie when fighting Abomination. So yes, 2008 Hulk is canon to the MCU even if the actor changed
I think you aren't reading the opening correctly or I expressed myself really bad but I literally begin the opening acknowledge that the movie is canon to the mcu because that is a fact:
So, I know that The Incredible Hulk movie is canon to the mcu, but why is that it isn't added in the profile as a different key or even a profile apart?
However is also a complete fact that the movie have so many differences in all senses that there is no reason to not index it as a different key or even a different profile, I didn't necessarily said to make it a different profile but just pointed that that could be a possibility, though personally speaking I would probably go with a different key.

Most of the cast is different (because while yes Ross appeared a few times in other movies in little scenes currently the actor died so he need to be changed so currently, but well), the director is someone who didn't participated in other mcu movies (at least as far wikipedia tell me), the atmosphere of the movie was different from other mcu movies and how Hulk was portrayed was also significantly different, visually speaking both hulk and Abomination are different than how they look in other mcu movies, and the most important thing to the wiki is the fact that the level of feats are completely different from that movie to the other mcu movies in which Hulk appear. Additionally, chronologically speaking the movie happen years before Avengers so that is something more which can support split that version of Hulk as a different key from the Hulk that appear in the Avengers movies.

So, considering all of that, even if the movie is canon to the mcu I don't see why it can't be listed as a different key or profile (again, I'm just mentioning a different profile as a possibility).

Dude, your take of the movie being "completey different from other mcu movies" is not even correct but mostly your opinion.

A lot of concepts for instance are exactly the same ones as other mcu movies around the time and after avengers, is a introduction story for the hulk just like with Iron Man and later on Thor, Cap, Antman, and such, there is a reason as to why the marvel movies are called formulaic.

The cast being different doesnt really matter at all, those are hulk-related characters of course they are not going to appear often in other projects just like the actress of pepper is not going to appear in doctor strange.

The director doesnt matter, people like him and cast are stuff related to mostly production, not factor for our indexion of the character, they could stop working for Marvel and it wouldn't make their product any more special. Directors come and go all the time.

The levels of feats varies in every freaking movie dude, the feats shown in film are not different from the ones in later, the verse is full of mostly tier 9-8 feats, with the sparingly not-so- concrete tier 7-6 feat/statement.

Really all your concerns can be sorted out by a bit of common sense.

You are basically ignoring the fact that almost everything of the movie is different
A lot of concepts for instance are exactly the same ones as other mcu movies around the time and after avengers, is a introduction story for the hulk just like with Iron Man and later on Thor, Cap, Antman, and such, there is a reason as to why the marvel movies are called formulaic.
The concept of a green monster is the same yes, other things not so though.
The cast being different doesnt really matter at all, those are hulk-related characters of course they are not going to appear often in other projects just like the actress of pepper is not going to appear in doctor strange.
It matter when the protagonist is a completely different actor though, along with most of the participants of the movie don't appearing or having roles in other movies. Also, that Pepper example is geniunely so bad because she not only appear in other various mcu works but even was one of the main fighters in End Game.
The director doesnt matter, people like him and cast are stuff related to mostly production, not factor for our indexion of the character, they could stop working for Marvel and it wouldn't make their product any more special. Directors come and go all the time.
I matter a lot though? I mean, they are the ones who decide how the movie will be and work. Thanks to directors like Taika Waititi is that Ragnarok and Love&Thunder are how they are, do to Sam Raimi is that Multiverse of Madness is how it is with that horror movie atmosphere.
The levels of feats varies in every freaking movie dude, the feats shown in film are not different from the ones in later, the verse is full of mostly tier 9-8 feats, with the sparingly not-so- concrete tier 7-6 feat/statement.
When not only the feats level are greatly different to years latter incarnations but also have so many other differences is worth index it as something different, in this case which could perfectly be with another key.

Edit: Also, just to point one of the things you mentioned about the characters don't having different keys from their movies even if the feats are different. Iron Man with the armors in his first movies have a different keys to the armors of later movies. Captain America don't have a different key itself but is acknowledge that he get weaker the more time pass, which is why End Game Rogers had problems with the Avenger 1 Rogers who do to get recently unfroze was at practical effects like the one from the First Avenger movie. Thor have a different key between his first, second and third movie. Strange have different keys between his first movie, latter movies and second own movie. Ant-Man have different keys between movies. Wanda have different keys between the works in which she appear. And likely more that I'm forgetting, so I don't see any problem in list as a different key the Hulk from the The Incredible Hulk movie and the Hulk from the Avengers movies.

Last edited:
I know is canon, I never said it wasn't, I'm asking however why can't be listed as a different key with so many differences and even happening chronologically speaking years before the next appareance of Hulk in Avengers where he have far greater feats.

It would be the exact same thing copy and pasted.
Pretty sure he wouldn't have a High 6-C rating nore all the abilitites through other mcu movies like the martial arts of the Sakaar training, the intellect of Professor Hulk, etc. But well, if everyone is just so damn against the idea because somehow they think it would be detrimental for the profile be more accurate then ok, just close the thread.

He would still be High 6-C. If the page was made prior to all the new movies, he would have a lower AP, but considering what we know now, he would be High 6-C.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. MCU fans forget this is canon all the time. I know the OP has admitted Incredible Hulk is canon, but just visualize this, alright?

People will say "but a different guy plays Hulk!". Hey, a different guy played Rhodey in Iron Man (2008). I guess that's non-canon now. Fandral's casting changed too. I guess Thor is non-canon. Howard Stark's casting has been all over the place. Hmmm, guess we gotta boot a few other flicks out too. Different directors? In the MCU? Wow. I guess nothing is canon because of how many directors and writers work on the MCU. Different atmospheres? Different special effects? Maybe all these movies are just disconnected. Its not like we've had several confirmations from the people who run the franchise and story to tell us that each mainline entry is connected to each other or anything.

Whether you're admitting a film in the MCU is canon or not, that isn't how we decide what keys are necessary. Thor's awakening stuff? That totally justifies keys being made. But to give an example of former useless keys we had, remember how Spider-Man used to have different keys for his regular suits and the Tech Suits? Yeah, that made no sense at all and we've thankfully revised that. Aside from Incredible Hulk having some tonal differences from the MCU's overall reputation....what actually justifies a new key? This isn't like MonsterVerse Kong where in one movie he's being hurt by regular army equipment and in the next he's fighting a Tier 6 beast. The army in this movie is pretty much helpless to the Hulk until Abomination comes in and wrecks his shit.

I'm sorry if this rant comes off as unnecessary. I'd just rather get out my thoughts on this topic all at once rather than respond over the course of a few hours to compile my argument.

Last edited:
You are basically ignoring the fact that almost everything of the movie is different
Different in what? In what sense that actually matters enough? And in what way you can't apply the same dumb logic to Thor.

But since I know you don't want respond any further, I won't either to the rest of your points.

@Colonel_Krukov think you should have closed this a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back