• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Mythos)

I'm pretty sure the hunter can't harm Cthulhu in any meaning full way; and since the hunter can still be frenzied he dies from mindhax (eventually). Unless we're not restricting his resurrection, because I'm pretty sure this just ends with the hunter dying a hundred times over without being able to do anything

Ok maybe he can now that I think about it but I don't see him getting past the regen

• Edit his profile says he has like a plasma body so I still iffy on the hunter even hitting him

WeeklyBattles said:
I dont recall if Cthulhu's regen is combat applicable
I remember it regenerate after a boat went through his head, and I he was half awake at that time, plus I know it's a little abc logic but the Formless oden is stronger than the hunter and he tied with Cthulhu so I don't see how someone who is weaker, has no regen, and has a physical body is going to fair better.

Also Cthulhu is huge so the hunters is going to be pretty much hitting his foot the whole time, he would have to find a way to hit Cthulhu in an area that actually matters while Cthulhu is attacking him

• edit I just checked his regen works in combat (atleast enough to matter) so the hunters pretty screwed (also still like the idea op but I think there was a reason this match up was never done before)

Keeweed said:
Also Cthulhu is huge so the hunters is going to be pretty much hitting his foot the whole time, he would have to find a way to hit Cthulhu in an area that actually matters while Cthulhu is attacking him
  • edit I just checked his regen works in combat (atleast enough to matter) so the hunters pretty screwed (also still like the idea op but I think there was a reason this match up was never done before)
The Hunter can nullify healing though.

I check the previous threads and they said that he regenerate his head almost instantly (I don't know how it won't be combat applicable when his body isn't even a solid). Also even if he can't regen for some reason the hunter doesn't have a way to hit anything of important due to being way to short and having no flight

• Edit plus there have been multiple threads on the topic so I'm nervous to ask Azzy because he's been through this multiple times

The Hunter can hit intangible and incorporeal beings so Cthulhu's body not being solid isnt much of a problem

If Cthulhu's regen is combat applicable then this is inconclusive as Cthulhu cant really do anything about the Hunter's Dream

I mean does getting killed over and over again until the heat death of the universe count as an inconclusive, because if it does then I guess I'll vote inconclusive

Since people seem to need assistance:

"But Johansen had not given out yet. Knowing that the Thing could surely overtake the Alert until steam was fully up, he resolved on a desperate chance; and, setting the engine for full speed, ran lightning-like on deck and reversed the wheel. There was a mighty eddying and foaming in the noisome brine, and as the steam mounted higher and higher the brave Norwegian drove his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the unclean froth like the stern of a daemon galleon. The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler would not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where—God in heaven!—the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form, whilst its distance widened every second as the Alert gained impetus from its mounting steam." - The Call of Cthulhu

Johansen drives boat through Cthulhu's head => Cthulhu's head turns into a blinding green cloud "for an instant" => Cthulhu's head pulls itself back together

That's not where his Low-Godly comes from. That's just to show that his regen does activate upon his body suffering damage as opposed to taking a long time.

Do you mean just pull his body back together? There's no reason it shouldn't, considering the matter portion of his body is supposedly just an incomplete view of it, but nothing has ever been able to actually hurt him that badly, in canon.

Can Cthulhu himself resist going mad? Does he have a defense against The Bloodletter?

From what I read, Formless Oedon can mindhax Cthulhu (but Cthulhu can do the same). The Hunter, however, does have a resistance to Eldritch induced madness.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Can Cthulhu himself resist going mad? Does he have a defense against The Bloodletter?
I don't think he has any explicit mind hax resistance noted in the stories, but to mindfuck him, something would have to be able to do so to a being who can comprehend everything happening in the universe at once and whose speech is normally too complex to properly interact with the minds of most humans.

Back