• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Horned Rat

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
So, I'm working on a page for the Horned Rat from Warhammer Fantasy.

For those who don't know, the Horned Rat is a minor god of Chaos and the patron deity of the Skaven, a race of subterranean ratpeople.

In the End Times (fancy Warhammer Fantasy event), the Skaven destroy basically every other race in Warhammer, blow up one of the moons, and are generally extremely unpleasant. After that, the Horned Rat replaces Slaanesh as one of the Four Great Gods of Chaos and pulls the Skaven capital into the Warp.

So, what I'm asking is; Is 1-C an accurate ranking for the Horned Rat, as it is presumably on par with the other major Chaos Gods? It's constantly suggested in canon that Fantasy and 40k are separate universes connected by the Warp, and so the Chaos Gods in each setting are the same ones, falling under the same rules and all that. So?

Are the Fantasy Chaos Gods still = the 40k Chaos Gods? I thought that was retconned? Though my memory of the subject isn't 100%.

Regardless, the Horned Rat should still be in the same league as the Chaos Gods, so I'd assume it'd be in the same tier.

To my knowledge, they are. It was apparently revealed / stated in the End Times.

But, yeah. I'll finish up the page.

Huh, figures, since End Times ended up with a lot of "What if we bring back Nagash...and then turn Fantasy into 40k?".

Anyway, can't wait to see it.

Page is up. I don't have any stats for it outside of the Warp, because I wasn't sure if it could be scaled to the Chaos Gods in those regards (it probably could be but, again, I wasn't fully sure). The only thing it's really done outside the Warp, to my knowledge, is eat a bunch of Skaven and tell them to stop wasting time, which isn't really a feat as that's also what Skaven do to themselves on a daily basis.

It might be a good idea to collapse Fantasy / 40k verse pages into the same page if they're really part of the same meta setting.

Regardless, I started making a page for Khaine. He'll also be 1-C, presumably, with other stats for him in realspace.

40k Khaine or Fantasy Khaine? Or two keys and one page?

Regardless, yeah, he should be the same as the Chaos Gods, seeing as 40k Khaine fought a long battle with Slaanesh until Khorne wrecked both of them.

Two keys and one page, mostly on account of Khaine being in pieces in 40k.

And yeah, I'm accounting for that. That was a bad day for Khaine.

Ah, so will that be like... Fantasy | 40k | Avatar?

That was a reeeeaaaallly bad day for Khaine. And this is the same guy who was cursed so that his hand was forever coated in blood. Makes wearing fancy clothes a nightmare.

Yes. I dunno what Khaine being whole in Fantasy and in pieces in 40k means for the timeline and continuity of the meta series? If that's even really a thing.

This page I'm reading makes it sound so miserable for Khaine.

"While Khorne was busy piledriving and backbreaking Slaanesh into oblivion, Khaine was in the middle of this and got shattered into a million pieces, presumably because Khorne left his axe back at his Brass Citadel and Khaine was the only available melee weapon at the time."

Yes.

Should the key be split into Avatar | Broken | Complete, or?

And as the Avatar, it should be comparable to other Greater Daemons, right? So 5-C. (Calgar beat one, but. It's Calgar.)

Figures.

Hm...Well, if Khaine is only broken in 40k, then maybe just Fantasy | 40k | Avatar? IDK.

Yeah, pretty much. Calgar is PIS incarnate, so it should be fine. Other avatars fought on par with guys like Fulgrim for a bit before he killed it, so there's that.

I'll make it Fantasy / Complete | 40, 000 | Avatar.

Warhammer Gods exist in both universes. Horned Rat is supposed to be on a similar power level as the Chaos Gods, but not directly one of them.

In many stories, The HR fights Nurgle and his Grey Seers accidently summon greater demons from other deities.

"Some claim that Chaos has spawned an infinite number of gods, who constantly struggle amongst themselves for mastery over all. Others say that all the apparently diverse gods of Chaos are no more than different aspects and manifestations of one being: The Great Unnameable One, He Who Must Not Be Named, The Great Abomination, The Lord of Chaos, The Unspeakable Shapeless Beast and numberless other titles. "

- Realms of Chaos Slaves to Darkness

Back