• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hero of Oakvale vs Grima

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Can the the first hero from Fable defeat the strongest dragon in Fire Emblem?

Grima
Grima1
The Hero of Oakvale

The Hero of Oakvale
The Jack Slayer

Grima is in character.
The Hero of Oakvale is in character, he has the Sword of Aeons.

Speed is equalized.

They fight on a random continent.

Faisal Shourov said:
How does Oakvale hero's time manipulation work? Time stop, time reverse, time slow?
It's been a while since i played that game but if i remember correctly, it's time slow.

Haha, good old "Chicken Chaser." I think ill wait for Archon to comment before I make a decision. I know nothing about Grima unfortunately. The Hero of Oakvale's Slow Time spell( One of the Surround spells) can generally bring the world nearly to a standstill. Like what Chu said, its slows time.

Slow Time works as everyone else said. Ultimately the Hero is superior in almost every category to Grima and only lacks in flight (which can easily be compensated for with magic and Multi-Arrow spam).

The problem is the clause where Grima exists along as Robin exists, so I don't think the Hero will be able to put down Grima permanently as a result. He could seal Grima by dragging him into the Underworld though (assuming Infernal Wrath works on him), but other than that I'd say it's a stalemate otherwise.

Reppuzan said:
Slow Time works as everyone else said. Ultimately the Hero is superior in almost every category to Grima and only lacks in flight (which can easily be compensated for with magic and Multi-Arrow spam).
The problem is the clause where Grima exists along as Robin exists, so I don't think the Hero will be able to put down Grima permanently as a result. He could seal Grima by dragging him into the Underworld though (assuming Infernal Wrath works on him), but other than that I'd say it's a stalemate otherwise.
Hero can kill Grima by DC alone.

If Robin dies Grima dies, yet the opposite is also true, if Grima is killed by pure DC alone, Robin will just get a random heart attack and die somewhere in Ylisse afterwards, tho.

Vote for Hero.

Oh, must have gotten my facts mixed up. It's been a while since I've played Awakening.

If the Hero doesn't particularly care about Robin dying (or doesn't know considering the fact that he's fought dragons before), then yeah, he takes this.

Not very fast if I remember correctly. It took Grima over two years to asert the necessary influence over Robin to get him to attack Chrom, so I don't think Grima will be doing any body snatching.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Hero can kill Grima by DC alone.

If Robin dies Grima dies, yet the opposite is also true, if Grima is killed by pure DC alone, Robin will just get a random heart attack and die somewhere in Ylisse afterwards, tho.
That's not how it works. Grima can only be permanently killed by his own power, not by just DC alone. That's why the game gives you the choice of dealing the final blow with either Chrom or Robin.

That's the clause I remember... okay, so I wasn't wrong.

However, I still say that Grima can be put down, at least for a while (which by then the Hero would be long gone).

Besides, this isn't the Hero's first time fighting a dragon. Jack gave him plenty of practice and is similarly rated.

@Reppuzan Yeah, from what i've seen on his page, he should be able to put Grima down until someone ressurects him, and that can take thousands of years.

Back