• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hateful Star, Retconned Harder than the Beyonder

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, this has been discussed several times over but I've seen little done in regards to updating the page.

The page that we got our stats for the Hateful Star no longer exists. No, this isn't the type of Retcon where we can make a "pre-retcon" page and call it a day, as the very source that we'd get stats from doesn't exist anymore. The Author didn't want to associate his works with the Foundation anymore, and removed his works from the site.

That said, there is a New 1548 that I've prepared and am completely ready to update our page with , based on the new SCP placed into the former's empty spot. Hey, it technically gets upgraded!

I'd like to finish the Canon Revisions soon, so hopefully this can be resolved fast.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
...Isn't this just an upgrade?
Technically, not really, as this is a different character with different abilities altogether.

It was by pure chance that the slot was taken by another star-based scip.

Practically though, yes.

If the character has been completely removed from the source material, we should probably do so as well.

Antvasima said:
If the character has been completely removed from the source material, we should probably do so as well.
Yeah. There is a new SCP File in its place that has its own abilities that I can update the page we have with, and I can post the old profile on a blog.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/chapter-1-verse-1

"The Eldest sat by the light and watched it for a time, for he found the light good.

The All-Death was not proud, firstborn though he was. He encompassed all that was and would be within the light and the dark, and so knew the manner of its turning and the hour of its passing. Only he might care for the light and what was to come, for only the Death of All Things might reach so far and be so just.

The light grew in the sight of the All-Death and became fire. As fire it burned and spread outwards, and with the fire came a song: a song of the hammer-beat of creation's forge, the roaring of nuclear bellows, the crystal choirs of quarks, the somber tones of gravity wells, the shimmering waves of plasma cast off of infant stars.

Death listened to the music, and found it good."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-star-and-the-smith

"Creation was made of fire and song, and from the glowing clouds of the beginning came the Stars. They were the firstborn of matter, the sustainers of all Creation. In their bright-burning forges the heavier elements were formed, and the music of the spheres was carried upon their mighty thoughts. They measured the boundaries of the cosmos and set forth the orders of the celestial geometries by their song, and the Clusters of the Main Sequence were in harmony.

In those days, a young Star of the cluster Errant-G descended upon the molten firmament of Yesod. Sauelsuesor was the Star's name, and being young for her kind, she was curious as to the nature of the lower places of creation, and wondered at those regions which hung below the heavens and basked in the light of the Stars.

With her soul wreathed in hydrogen, Sauelsuesor passed over the molten wastes and seas of fire, searching for the fulfillment of her curiosity. What to make of this slowed realm of cooled matter? It did not sing of the Harmony of the Spheres, but merely moved along its arcs like dust disturbed by a breath. She could find no minds that inhabited it, and wondered if it was best to follow the example of the older Stars, and sing without regard for this lower plane."

http://www.scp-wiki.net/sunset

"Heat.

There are too many, TOO MANY!

Heat unimaginable. No flame, there could never be flame here, but more heat than almost anywhere. Surging plasma and searing vapour, springing from the surface of the great yellow sphere.

That one! That one! Keep turning!

And beyond the heat… nothing. Nothing but the endless expanse of void.

Sauel! Help me, Sauel!

There were too many threats. To her, to the planets, to Sauel… So many creatures wanted to eat him. Or worse. Dozens of faiths, hundreds of beliefs, thousands of half-remembered notions… they all had a promise of eternal night to uphold, and most were going straight to the source.

I can't warn them all! I can't do it!

She didn't even know if anyone was watching at this point, let alone heeding her warnings. It was too much, there were too many…

But it was all she had left. Sauel was fighting off a thousand thousand monsters, and whilst Sauelsuesor doted on her big brother she was under no illusions as to his ability to survive this assault.

It's coming apart, isn't it? It's all coming apart…

Far, far above her a titanic red snake the size of Neptune broke through Sauel's final line of defence and clamped its jaws into his surface, hungrily sucking the plasma from his form. He flailed at the creature with a wave of unimaginable force and it screeched in the thin atmosphere. The volume of the roar could level a city through the shock waves alone, tear a mountain to the ground with its vibratons, but here it just rippled across Sauel's surface like a stone in the universe's largest pond as he crushed it to a pulp. Eventually Sauel turned it into so much blood and pseudo-reptilian skin, but now it was too late. A legion of beasts streamed through the gap in the corona provided by the great serpent's smouldering corpse, each one hungry for a star on which they could feast. There was a…

I told you you were lacking.

An enormous wave of manipulated gravity washed over Sauel, easily enough to wipe him from existence had it not been so finely tuned.

I said you would be next.

It was wielded with an incredible finesse- the pulses spreading and coiling around the surface of the star, causing millions of pockets of neutron matter to burst into being as each of the invaders was destroyed utterly, rendered into a state from which naught could survive by forces unimaginable.

But I never said it would be me that killed you!

Creatures that had lived for untold millennia fled Sauel's surface or hid in whatever brief holes in his skin they could find, but it made no difference. The force found them, and one by one it destroyed them.

And you thought it a threat? An attempt at intimidation? More fool you!

Sauelsuesor cast her gaze into space. A great star could be seen far, far below her, but still close in astronomical terms. It was smaller than Sauel by a factor of a… A hundred? Perhaps it was more, perhaps it was less, but either way its gravity was a lot stronger than her brother's. Its light flickered rapidly, pulsing in a morse code stream she realised translated to French.

You thought I would kill you, you thought I would crush your pathetic world, and it is this fear that brought me here.

The next wave of creatures was already coming, undaunted by the grisly fate of those that had preceded them. The forces split before Sauelsuesor's eyes, half splitting off to assault the newcomer.

You saw me as an end, an apocalypse in myself, and all such beings have arrived now.

Plasma spiralled from Sauel's axes, twisting and coiling through space as the great clouds bloomed like scorching flowers. Below Sauelsuesor the newcomer began to manipulate the incandescent mass, twisting it into titanic shafts and walls.

You are pathetic! All of you, worse than humans- skulking, scavenging, miserable creatures! You will not harm us! We. Are. STARS!"

In the case of Sunset:

"In the void, the searing, freezing, endless void, SCP-179 laughed as SCP-1548 wiped the horde from existence."

The iteration of 1548 that the tale is referenceing no longer exists.

As for the other two, I guess you could make a profile purely off of the mentions in other tales that don't call it 1548, but IDK if you'd be able to get stuff like Dura or Speed.

It refers to it not only as the hateful star but also refers to Sauelsuesor, its perfectly fine to use

Okay, so just that we're clear:

You're making a new "Hateful Star" page that is using all of the formerly tertiary sources for the old profile's abilities.

I'm updating the page to what the current SCP is.

So, are you good with me updating the page?

Yes

Canonically speaking, the old 1548 accidentally destroyed itself while trying to change directions, but it was just a projection of its spirit as Stars are capable of doing to interact with lower dimensional planes as shown in Star and the Smith, the Hateful Star itself still exists

I have updated the page; there are a number of categories that need to be removed.

Also jist gonna point out that once again in retconning things SCP characters are getting stronger instead of weaker

I forgot what it was called, but there was a tale made soon after 1548 get retconed about how it knew it was going to die and was scared.

WeeklyBattles said:
video killed the radio star
that was the one, and, if the image caption means anything, it's dissapearence may have had something to do with 2000 being used, but i'm not sure on that.

Since I've added the changes, I'll close this; but I'll be following up soon with my issue with 682's 4-B rating seeing as that mainly came from 2722 (Devouring planets across the Solar system over time doesn't get anywhere near that. Absorbing a Black Hole also wouldn't qualify for AP or Dura, and even then that's a possibly).

682 is only 5-A for devouring planets

The yield of the black hole it can absorb was calced at 4-B

WeeklyBattles said:
The yield of the black hole it can absorb was calced at 4-B
I was hoping we could dicuss that on a seperate thread, but:

682 never absorbed it, nor did the Foundation know how it would react. It wasn't even stated that it could absorb it, it was only loosely implied that it could survive it, meaning that the best you could get from that would be a "Possibly Resistance to Black Holes"

The potential issues arising from SCP-682 gaining control of SCP-123 are too great at this time. Review of this proposal will be made if SCP-682 is totally incapacitated by some means, with no potential of escape or sudden adaptation.

Everything concerning 682 should be left until the profile rework is done and discussed when it is

I mean, the profile rework isn't implemented, so I don't see why we can't discuss 682 related feats and abilities while its in the works, and save time in regards to making more CR Threads.

Killing two birds with one stone, easier to have additions and removals in one thread than to have one thread for additions and one thread for removals

Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to the Canon Revisions. So yeah, once that's up you can PM me.

Back