• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Sisyphean Quest to Downgrade God of War ⌈Reboot⌋

ShionAH

He/Him
Saw Deagon and Fuji do it, I wanted to remove a few things myself
  • Sleep Manipulation (Was the only person in the world not to be immediately affected by Morpheus seizing power. However, with prolonged exposure to the fog, he eventually succumbed)

First off the profile itself agrees that Kratos did not resist it. The scarce few other humans encountered during that period are not sleeping. Some gods are, but when you first return to the town and see Morpheus has taken over, the towns folk are being slaughtered by monsters, not falling asleep en masse. Nothing is said to suggest that Kratos remaining awake is surprising or due to an ability of his.
  • Madness Manipulation (Types 1 & 2; Can resist the song of a Siren, which can drive one mad with its voice)
  • Sound Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement & Empathic Manipulation (Repeatedly resisted the Siren's songs to physically and emotionally manipulate him, their sound pitches are so precise that they can easily light people on fire or even cause their heads to explode,[54] and was able to do so yet again on his journey to the Sisters of Fate,[3] as well as consistently resist the Sisters manipulating his Thread, who could make even the ugly Pan irresistible to the Nymphs[55])
I have some problems with these resistances about Sirens, in the card it was specifically stated they make mortals turn mad and in this scan their powers don't work. Which makes them confused and they "start thinking Kratos is not a human", which may imply some of their powers are limited to affecting humans and not demi-gods.

In another addition to this, it is shown to use that Sirens CAN affect Kratos, hell in the second scan Kratos is yet affected again and is filled with Lust

He only resists Sirens twice, in both instances there is an implication they can only affect certain races such as humans and mortals. Which is why I think its sketchy
  • Mind Manipulation (Resisted Persephone trying to persuade him into letting the gods die)
  • Mind Manipulation (Lulled Kratos into a false sense of security by manipulating his mind[1])
So these two scenes are used to grant mind manipulation to the verse, here is my problem with it. KRATOS IS AFFECTED. He simply dodged Atlas before he can crush him, hell I am pretty sure if you dont press the button fast enough you literally die due to Persephone manipulating your mind and calming you down.
  • Energy Absorption (Can resist the Siren's song, which can drain his magic)
He is affected by it though? They do drain his magic as shown in the scene. Am I missing something
This is NOT Reality Warping lol

Agree: 2 (@Deagonx, @Dark_Soul20189)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
  • Sleep Manipulation (Was the only person in the world not to be immediately affected by Morpheus seizing power. However, with prolonged exposure to the fog, he eventually succumbed)

First off the profile itself agrees that Kratos did not resist it. The scarce few other humans encountered during that period are not sleeping. Some gods are, but when you first return to the town and see Morpheus has taken over, the towns folk are being slaughtered by monsters, not falling asleep en masse. Nothing is said to suggest that Kratos remaining awake is surprising or due to an ability of his.
Fair enough i guess.
  • Madness Manipulation (Types 1 & 2; Can resist the song of a Siren, which can drive one mad with its voice)
This should be basically sufficient for type 1 and type 2, As a demigod, it is enough to resist it.
  • Sound Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement & Empathic Manipulation (Repeatedly resisted the Siren's songs to physically and emotionally manipulate him, their sound pitches are so precise that they can easily light people on fire or even cause their heads to explode,[54] and was able to do so yet again on his journey to the Sisters of Fate,[3] as well as consistently resist the Sisters manipulating his Thread, who could make even the ugly Pan irresistible to the Nymphs[55])
I have some problems with these resistances about Sirens, in the card it was specifically stated they make mortals turn mad and in this scan their powers don't work. Which makes them confused and they "start thinking Kratos is not a human", which may imply some of their powers are limited to affecting humans and not demi-gods.
The fact that this ability is limited to humans does not fundamentally bombard or disprove the ability, if this ability affects humans but not demigods and beings that greater than humans, we don't say “it only works on humans or limitied”, we say demigods can resist it.
So these two scenes are used to grant mind manipulation to the verse, here is my problem with it. KRATOS IS AFFECTED. He simply dodged Atlas before he can crush him, hell I am pretty sure if you dont press the button fast enough you literally die due to Persephone manipulating your mind and calming you down.
It's happened before, but it's basically about the mechanics of the game, it's about whether that mechanic affects the rest of the game. You press the button and you die, that's not an anti-feat, but if you experience that event after you pressed the button and the story continues in that direction, then that's an anti-feat that it's affected, MK is a good example of that. But not in GoW, if you delay in pressing the button, the game takes you back to the beginning. Just like in this scene, I mean, the scene that he is actually affected by is not a scene in the story flow of the play because it takes us back to the beginning. Lore doesn't allow Kratos to be affected by it.
Seems fine for me.
The ability to permanently change the area around it gives it RW. Furies also already have Law manipulation (they are actually laws itself), a variant of the RW hax, so that alone is enough to give them RW.

The fact that this ability is limited to humans does not fundamentally bombard or disprove the ability, if this ability affects humans but not demigods and beings that greater than humans, we don't say “it only works on humans or limitied”, we say demigods can resist it.
They specifically think that the reason why Kratos is not affected is due to him not being human.

In another addition to this, it is shown to use that Sirens CAN affect Kratos, hell in the second scan Kratos is yet affected again and is filled with Lust
It's happened before, but it's basically about the mechanics of the game, it's about whether that mechanic affects the rest of the game
What I am trying to say is that she used her mind manipulation to give Kratos a sense of security and calm him down, then use Atlas to crush him. In the scene we see Kratos calm down and is very obviously affected until she stops affecting him and orders Atlas to crush him

In what scene does he break through the mind manipulation on his own? He was entirely affected by it
The ability to permanently change the area around it gives it RW.
They change the area with their illusions, can I get the scan for the statement or showcase of them permnanently doing it?
Furies also already have Law manipulation (they are actually laws itself), a variant of the RW hax, so that alone is enough to give them RW.
Being the law itself is not RW, hell I doubt that would even be law manipulation tbh lol
This should be basically sufficient for type 1 and type 2
Why would it be both?

I agree, of course.

He only resists Sirens twice, in both instances there is an implication they can only affect certain races such as humans and mortals. Which is why I think its sketchy
In the scan saying he resisted it, the earlier paragraphs specify that he rendered himself temporarily deaf via lightning to act as a substitute for the mythological beeswax Odysseus used.

Zeus’s lightning, the thunder had partially deafened him. He might not have the beeswax that Odysseus carried, but he had a makeshift method of temporarily blocking the Sirens’ call. His hearing was already returning,though—had he waited too long?He raised his right hand again, but his body betrayed him. His hand trembled, rebellious flesh refusing to grasp the lightning. The Sirenssoothed and cajoled him to relax, not to use his weapon. They loved him. He wanted them more than he’d ever wanted anything.
So the book is pretty clear Kratos lacks any innate resistance to this.

• Mind Manipulation (Resisted Persephone trying to persuade him into letting the gods die)
  • Mind Manipulation (Lulled Kratos into a false sense of security by manipulating his mind[1])
Agreed.

The basic premise of resistance to reality warping is nonsensical in this context. Agreed.
He is affected by it though? They do drain his magic as shown in the scene. Am I missing something
Lol. Agreed.

They specifically think that the reason why Kratos is not affected is due to him not being human.
That's basically why it gives him resistance, because he is a superior being to humans.
Scans not working
What I am trying to say is that she used her mind manipulation to give Kratos a sense of security and calm him down, then use Atlas to crush him. In the scene we see Kratos calm down and is very obviously affected until she stops affecting him and orders Atlas to crush him

In what scene does he break through the mind manipulation on his own? He was entirely affected by it

They change the area with their illusions, can I get the scan for the statement or showcase of them permnanently doing it?
So why is all this happening? Since you cannot pressed the button, and you go to Atlas after pressing the button late, but since this is not something in the lore, the game rewinds this.

The reason I just gave the MK example is because in MK, when you press the buttons late, you are blocked from the opponent's attacks and capabilities, and the game still continues to progress in the lore, but in GoW, when you press the buttons late, you are stopped and the story is not continues, it rewinds to starts you until you press the buttons.

Therefore, what is important in games is the effect of such timing on the story.
Being the law itself is not RW, hell I doubt that would even be law manipulation tbh lol
I won't belabor the point, just look at the profile, they are the laws itself, they can manipulate it and punish those who break it
Why would it be both?
I checked again, yeah this only looks like type 2.

That's basically why it gives him resistance, because he is a superior being to humans.
Not being able to affect beings higher than humans would be more of a weakness to the Sirens, it does not matter anyways since the other scans and the qupte Deagon brough up straight up confirm he is not resistant
So why is all this happening?
That is not what I am trying to say, Kratos dodging Atlas does not mean he resisted mind manipulation. It is shown to us he is straight up affected by it and was only able to freely move when she stopped her magic and ordered Atlas to attack
I won't belabor the point, just look at the profile, they are the laws itself, they can manipulate it and punish those who break it
This would not be RW

Not being able to affect beings higher than humans would be more of a weakness to the Sirens, it does not matter anyways since the other scans and the qupte Deagon brough up straight up confirm he is not resistant
No? Influencing beings higher than humans, or even demigods with stronger resistance than them, would give them layers.

There is no such situation here, but Demigods are not affected like humans due to their nature because they are not humans.
That is not what I am trying to say, Kratos dodging Atlas does not mean he resisted mind manipulation. It is shown to us he is straight up affected by it and was only able to freely move when she stopped her magic and ordered Atlas to attack
There's still something you're missing, it's because you pressed the buttons late and after this action takes place Lore won't let you continue from here and it will reset everything to the beginning.
This would not be RW
By your personal standards, yes.

Anyway, I'm sure you won't have time for these in the future as you'll have to defend your some verses.
Although, joking aside, I would have done it whether this was a thread or not. I'm just waiting for another downgrade I opened to complete

I'll evaluate this in full in a bit, but for the most part I agree. The RW in particular, since I think the board game of all things validates it.

Anyway, I'm sure you won't have time for these in the future as you'll have to defend your some verses.
No way you are actually threatening me with downgrading my verses, that is very childish and I am quite surprised you would do that. Tsch Tsch Geor.

Obviously you can go ahead and make downgrades, its not like I did not allow that.

He is briefly incapacitated, but he does break free from the effect shortly thereafter, so idk about this.
He breaks free from the effect, seemingly without doing anything to the siren attacking him (unlike the priest of fate feat). Again, idk if this would count as a legitimate resistance or not.
This would've been a perfectly fine downgrade if not for the ******* board game:
c992c152-a0b6-48b8-bc9c-ffd24e242914.jpg

"Alter reality to a limited degree", not much else to say on the topic, really. Ig you could give it a "limited" rating, or say that Kratos doesn't resist it directly.

Everything else is good.

This would've been a perfectly fine downgrade if not for the ******* board game:
c992c152-a0b6-48b8-bc9c-ffd24e242914.jpg
I guess this game will be completely released within 1 year (and there are many statements for cooking) :coffee:
I forgot she straight up yells "Atlas!", which I guess implies it just woke Kratos up or something. I agree with the removal now.
I actually told him this directly about this issue.
There's still something you're missing, it's because you pressed the buttons late and after this action takes place Lore won't let you continue from here and it will reset everything to the beginning.

I'm gonna be real with you man, I cannot even begin to parse this. What does "after this action takes place Lore won't let you continue from here and it will reset everything to the beginning" even mean?
In the game mechanics, you fail and die because you press the button late, but then the game rewinds until you pass this part.

So the story does not continue in this direction.
It's happened before, but it's basically about the mechanics of the game, it's about whether that mechanic affects the rest of the game. You press the button and you die, that's not an anti-feat, but if you experience that event after you pressed the button and the story continues in that direction, then that's an anti-feat that it's affected, MK is a good example of that. But not in GoW, if you delay in pressing the button, the game takes you back to the beginning. Just like in this scene, I mean, the scene that he is actually affected by is not a scene in the story flow of the play because it takes us back to the beginning. Lore doesn't allow Kratos to be affected by it.
No matter how many times you fail, this scene will keep rewinding until you beat the level and won't have much of an impact on the story. If it had an impact on the story and still continued in that direction (just like in MK) then we would say that Kratos could be affected by it, but the situation is different here

Just like after you die on a boss fight, you respawn there and do this until you defeat this boss. In the game mechanics, you might killed by the boss, but in the story, this does not mean that the boss is stronger than you.

I guess this will be enough

In the game mechanics, you fail and die because you press the button late, but then the game rewinds until you pass this part.

So the story does not continue in this direction.
Oh, okay. That's not even relevant to the resistance, though? Because Kratos is reacting to Persephone yelling "Atlas", he isn't just breaking free from mind control on his own. Whether or not the QTE succeeds or fails shouldn't change that.

Oh, okay. That's not even relevant to the resistance, though? Because Kratos is reacting to Persephone yelling "Atlas", he isn't just breaking free from mind control on his own. Whether or not the QTE succeeds or fails shouldn't change that.
I assume the OP is basically using this as an anti-feat. If, on the grounds of an anti-feat, one were to say "it should be removed because he actually affected from it", that would be wrong, basically for the reasons I've explained. If there is a different reason, I can't say anything about it.

Back