• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Fire of God vs. The Fire of the Beast

But she is experienced in battle, she would'nt let Eleonore land a direct hit.

And her Luminosite tanked a 6-C explosion

Damn.

I guess she wins, superior skill and experience combined with magic resistance allows her to tank his attacks until she falls back on her noble phantasm.

Gargoyle One said:
Damn.
I guess she wins, superior skill and experience combined with magic resistance allows her to tank his attacks until she falls back on her noble phantasm.
Wat.

Also, pretty sure Baptism Rite erases Eleonore. Don't even need La Pucelle.

@Schro As for "your projectiles can't hit me" vs "My projectiles always hit you", I'd think that crashing into a magical barrier still qualifies as "hitting you". And it's not like every single one of Eleonore's attacks will hit. I'm pretty sure that her summoning of Panzerfausts and stuff can miss like normal.

Jeanne doesn't really have a way to kill Eleonore for good. On the other hand, Eleonore will have a helluva a time trying to hurt Jeanne with anything but physical attacks since magical attacks just bounce off Jeanne.

Conceptual Destruction is limited to La Pucelle, which will kill Jeanne upon completion.

What about Baptism Rite? The Type Moon wiki says Shirou's version was melting away Lancer of Black's existence, and hers should be comparable.

@Monarch

The Baptismal Sacrament only sublimes spiritual beings and the main reason why it was so effective on Vlad was due to Dracula's weakness to the objects of the Church. The case with Jack is similar, as Jack is an evil spirit formed of the conglomeration of the hate, pain, suffering, and despair of the 80,000 children abandoned in Victorian London.

Yup, Shirou's Xanadu Matrix buffed up his Baptism Rite significantly due to them linking him to every form of magecraft.

Inconclusive

Neither can reliably kill the other and even then Jeanne's NP does kill.

Tho I think Eleonore may know to get in Gladesheimr first before she strikes.

Huh. Alright then.

Would all Servants being fundamentally spiritual beings not help? Eleonore is also a spiritual being, so Ruler should be able to fight and damage her just by virtue of being able to fight other servants.

I just realized that even if Eleonore's fire can't directly kill Jeanne, the heat would consume the oxigen and kill her, since her body still human/Leticia's body

@SchroKatze

It would never touch her or come near her due to her magic resistance.

Otherwise a magical bombing raid would harm Jeanne.

@Repp Eleonore's fire heat exceeds that of a nuke, and her false/true briah aren't projectiles. The false is just a big explosion that expands endleslly and the true is like a Reality Marble.

Also, her fire's heat can affect things in a considerable range.

@SchroKatze

But it's utilized through the application of Die Ewigkeit, a form of magic.

Hence they're magical in nature and bounce off.

@SchroKatze

The point is that the fire won't even touch Jeanne, since it'll just bounce off and go to the side.

Eleonore's fire ignores resistance to fire and heat, but not resistance to magic itself.

I don't recall a statement saying that she needed air, only food and sleep.

In addition, if we're going by strictly the Servant version of Jeanne, she doesn't need any of those.

I don't really understand the point of giving Jeanne these arbitrary restrictions when she's supposed to be fighting at the peak of her strength.

She can't even kill the dude without killing herself and she still can lose.

What's with these pointless restrictions?

Back