• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elusive Samurai Discussion Thread

Now that the anime is officially announced and a teaser has been dropped, might as well start a thread on it. I don't expect anyone to know about it, but whatever.

A discussion thread for Yusei Matsui's (creator of Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro and Assassination Classroom) latest work, The Elusive Samurai.

Jfzu4BMQ_2x.jpg

MangaPlus Link.

TV Anime Teaser PV.

Last edited:
How would you rate the series thus far? I've been interested on reading it but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Apologies for the very late response; the last two weeks have drained me of energy to do anything here.
How would you rate the series thus far? I've been interested on reading it but I haven't gotten to it yet.
I'm unsure of the rating, but it's going wonderful. It frankly had a pretty weird start that I can only describe as "haphazard", but it got better as it went on, especially the last few arcs, which have all been ******* amazing.

If you’re planning to hop on, now is a pretty good time to catch up btw. We just reached the peak of the buildup from the last few arcs, so it’ll probably be a lot more chill for a while.
Crazy how Matsui has had 3 smash hits in a row
And mf has the balls to say part of the reason he made this one is because he thought Jump was running out of things to motivate people into buying Jump as the big series kept ending. Simply built different.

I've completely forgotten about this thread. Well, better late than never, I guess. 1st PV dropped:

Casting here somehow fits the characters even better than the ones I had for them in my mind. Is Matsui finally getting an above-average anime adaptation?

I've completely forgotten about this thread. Well, better late than never, I guess. 1st PV dropped:

Casting here somehow fits the characters even better than the ones I had for them in my mind. Is Matsui finally getting an above-average anime adaptation?

Assassination Classroom was a great adaptation

Assassination Classroom was a great adaptation
I disagree. It was still a great show, but it was because AC was a great series in the first place. Anything other than the OST and casting was the most average thing. Not to mention that they cut out most of the parts you'd actually like to see animated.

I disagree. It was still a great show, but it was because AC was a great series in the first place. Anything other than the OST and casting was the most average thing. Not to mention that they cut out most of the parts you'd actually like to see animated.
Eh, yeah, guess that's true. AC is just great anyways, so even a poorer adaptation would still be great.

Back