• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Desert Spada and Ground Death calcs

Calculations: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:GodlyCharmander/One_Piece:_Crocodile_Pulverization_feats

Both of these calculations contain many flaws within them.

The size of the castle: OP assumes that the red line is 2.5 kilometers in order to claim that the castle is a almost kilometer in diameter. Yet we know that's not true as the castle is consistently seen being much smaller than this. And I do mean consistently.

Either the red line isn't 2.5 kilometers or the buildings on this page are not meant to scale, as by this logic the random buildings that are seen being small would be hundreds of meters wide, the small pathway we see Luffy and Crocodile being comparable to would be about a hundred meters, and random windows would be dozens to a hundred meters wide. Which any reasonable person can tell isn't the case as seen on the scans. This alone invalidates both calculations. But we can keep going.

The Desert Spada calculation: Aside from the size being wrong, the value of the calculation is totally off. This is because the green line they used represents the depth of the cut. Which is 107 meters according to the calc. OP used that value to calculate the volume, and then multiplied it by the pulverization value for rock to get the energy. For this to work we must assume that the whole volume must be filled with solid rock. This isn't the case as we know that the green line contains a lot of empty spaces, given how there are literally windows within it, meaning there are rooms. And obviously a room has a ton of empty space. The calculation does not account for that, and is thus invalid.

Ground Death: This calculation assumes Crocodile pulverized over 657834698852 cubic centimeters of rock, which is based on the assumption that he pulverized the entirity of the floor at a depth of 1.04 meters. There is 0 basis for this being the case, and this is thus a headcanon. In fact, in the manga we see that he didn't pulverize the entire floor itself, but only the things ON the floor, such as tiles, statues and trees. This is further demonstrated when Luffy jumps up to avoid the sand only to fall back down on that same floor the calculation assumes was destroyed, demonstrating that the floor itself is intact. No damage of the extend assumed was ever shown.

The calculations are wrong both in terms of size and in terms of the assumptions made regarding the volume. Therefore this calls for a removal of these calculations.

Agree: @Damage3245
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Ok bro... This whole thing with trying to nit pick small details in calcs to just try and get them removed instead of creating another solution is just unprogressive af

Ok bro... This whole thing with trying to nit pick small details in calcs to just try and get them removed instead of creating another solution is just unprogressive af
Feats can always be re-calced; but it isn't a requirement when removing a calc that a substitute has to be presented.

Feats can always be re-calced; but it isn't a requirement when removing a calc that a substitute has to be presented.
Yes but completely disregarding a feat just because you won't ever agree to a solution because you can also nit pick stuff would be an endless cycle of calcs being removed until you won't ever be able to calculate it anymore

Yes but completely disregarding a feat just because you won't ever agree to a solution because you can also nit pick would be an endless cycle of calcs being removed until you won't ever be able to calculate it.
Nothing in this thread is to do with completely disbarring a feat from being used. It's removing the specific calcs linked in the OP.

Insinuating that it goes beyond that is just attacking the motives of the OP which has nothing to do with whether the original calcs should stay or not.

Nothing in this thread is to do with completely disbarring a feat from being used. It's removing the specific calcs linked in the OP.
I literally said that always nit picking small detail will be like you "disbarring a feat from being used"

Insinuating that it goes beyond that is just attacking the motives of the OP which has nothing to do with whether the original calcs should stay or not.
Idk what you're even saying here but still it's very clear that the person in the op has never ever tried to get a solution or a compromise on anything on these threads

The size of the castle: OP assumes that the red line is 2.5 kilometers in order to claim that the castle is a almost kilometer in diameter. Yet we know that's not true as the castle is consistently seen being much smaller than this. And I do mean consistently.

Either the red line isn't 2.5 kilometers or the buildings on this page are not meant to scale, as by this logic the random buildings that are seen being small would be hundreds of meters wide, the small pathway we see Luffy and Crocodile being comparable to would be about a hundred meters, and random windows would be dozens to a hundred meters wide. Which any reasonable person can tell isn't the case as seen on the scans. This alone invalidates both calculations.
That's a stated size... Even in the panel crocodile says it's 5km in diameter, the castle still looks fairly big to the explosion's diameter

Using random panels of characters that are also highlighted to try and discredit a stated size that's consistently been stated to be that big is not how that works

Even this will just keep going in circles saying how the explosion can't be scaled to anything else because the characters not being pixel small... I'm not going to waste my time and try to go back and forth on that tho

So I'll just leave, maybe someone else might find a solution or something

No, I am using consistent panels showing that the castle is nowhere near as big as assumed. And showed how the calc is wrong beyond that too.

That's a stated size... Even in the panel crocodile says it's 5km in diameter, the castle still looks fairly big to the explosion's diameter

Using random panels of characters that are also highlighted to try and discredit a stated size that's consistently been stated to be that big is not how that works

Even this will just keep going in circles saying how the explosion can't be scaled to anything else because the characters not being pixel small... I'm not going to waste my time and try to go back and forth on that tho

So I'll just leave, maybe someone else might find a solution or something
That diagram isn't meant to scale, and assuming it's made to scale is a ridiculous argument to make. Just one of many examples showing how bad your argument is: By your logic each step in the staircase would be dozens of meters tall. Much more than what a person can step over, don't you think? Which we know isn't true. In fact the diagram you used isn't even consistent with the panel used in the calc. Graphs in One Piece are notorious for not being meant to scale. Unless you wanna claims Sunny is comparable to, say, Onigashima. Since there are lots of such graphs.

That diagram isn't meant to scale, and assuming it's made to scale is a ridiculous argument to make. In fact the diagram you used isn't rven consistent with the panel used in the calc. Graphs in One Piece are notorious for not being meant to scale. Unless you wanna claims Sunny is comparable to, say, Onigashima. Since there are lots of such graphs.
Even if you wanna try to argue that those graphs are the same at all, what crocodile says the the panel supports that the explosion doesn't even reach the castle... While the castle is a very big place in the city

The graph is meant for scale as it's off of what crocodile said... That it's 5km in diameter and that you can view it from the castle... Trying to say it's like every other graph in op is bs.

Even if you wanna try to argue that those graphs are the same at all, what crocodile says the the panel supports that the explosion doesn't even reach the castle... While the castle is a very big place in the city

The graph is meant for scale as it's off of what crocodile said... That it's 5km in diameter and that you can view it from the castle... Trying to say it's like every other graph in op is bs.
Not reaching the castle is irrelevant to the castle's size. I've shown consistent evidence all supporting it's much smaller than assumed.

That does not mean it's meant to scale. It just means that it gives a vague idea of what the explosion would look like. It doesn't mean the buildings are meant to scale. The graphs is heavily inconsistent with every other panel, including us seeing the castle with our own eyes and in the calc. Using a graph instead of the actual panels of us seeing them is ridiculous.

I'm in agreement with the OP. The more consistent shots of the actual castle would be better for scaling and the Desert Spada definitely didn't cut 107 meters deep into solid rock given that it was going through the top of a building.

Actual shots of the castle have more value:
no it does not, most of the used panels are highlighted characters to be seen... The same way oda does throughout the whole manga and aren't meant to scale

The door which you said is only 4 meters is 19 meters from a different angle even while the character is still in highlighted in the bottom left panel

1.77 m = 7px

76px = 19.217142857143m

no it does not, most of the used panels are highlighted characters to be seen... The same way oda does throughout the whole manga and aren't meant to scale

The door which you said is only 4 meters is 19 meters from a different angle while the character is still in highlighted in the bottom left panel

1.77 m = 7px

76px = 19.217142857143m

I don't see how the door is 19 meters here. But even if it was that'd still significantly reduce the size of the castle. So your point doesn't stand. You also addressed just 1 of many evidences I've given.

As for your "Oda highlights for them to be seen" that same argument can be made with the buildings. The difference is that still have shown consistency to my argument and actually proved the shot used in the original calc is not meant to scale.

yee this is simply will be a never ending nit pick of using sus panels to invalidate everything, not gonna waste my time

The panel used for the "4 meter tall door" doesn't work because of the angle of it, true. We don't see the full frame of the door in that shot and the person is standing in front of it by some distance which would skew it.

But even a 19 meter door would affect the size of the castle.

yee this is simply will be a never ending nit pick of using sus panels to invalidate everything, not gonna waste my time
How am I nit-picking and using sus panels when I have established consistency using many different panels? If anything the sus panels would be a clearly not-meant-to-scale graph. Which you tried to use.

The panel used for the "4 meter tall door" doesn't work because of the angle of it, true. We don't see the full frame of the door in that shot and the person is standing in front of it by some distance which would skew it.

But even a 19 meter door would affect the size of the castle.
His panel doesn't even work because the character seems to be obstructed by the stone slab, which is about 2 or so meters tall. Also I legit can't even see the character line he drew for the pixel scale.

I don't think anyone ever said that it was perfect... No pixelscaling is ever completely perfect.

But it calls into question the current calcs.
yee nothing is perfect which is why you can keep on nit picking the imperfections and just argue to get it removed because of that

Idk how you don't see what the op is doing, not a problem, but 🤷‍♂️ I'm simply not going to waste my time going back and forth in useless debates that will end up going in circles

yee nothing is perfect which is why you can keep on nit picking the imperfections and just argue to get it removed because of that

Idk how you don't see what the op is doing, not a problem, but 🤷‍♂️ I'm simply not going to waste my time going back and forth in useless debates that will end up going in circles
Okay, that's fine. You've said you don't want to waste your time three times now so I don't want to force you to stay here.

The nitpicked scan would be what was used in the calc. If you have no arguments and can only resort to personal attacks while continuously saying you won't waste your time you are better off not wasting my time.

It would help to provide recalcs or methods to recalc instead of constant "this is wrong, get it gone" and then no effort added to fix profiles or recalc said feats

Back