• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The density of blobs?

Image here.

For context, the blobs I'm referencing are the Gloops from OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes, which are translucent, slime-like creatures. I'm attempting to perform a calculation surrounding them, but it requires me to know its mass, which requires its density... which I don't have. Initially, I searched up "density of slime", and the first result, and really only result, told me slime had a density of 10000 kg/m^3, which seems incredibly unlikely to me, but that's all I have to work off of. Does there exist a concrete density for slimes/blobs?

I'm not sure if the Gloops are like the slime we can create, so I would assume that they have at least a similar density to water.

The best I can equate pretty much any slime to is gelatin: https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a008396.pdf

According to the document linked, you'd get 1.01 g/cm³ for 5% gelatin and 1.058 g/cm³ for 20% gelatin. Slimes would probably be closer to the 5% stuff myself since they are still liquid-y despite being technically semisolid in how they work.

Back