• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Demon Slayer tries to slay a one-armed wolf

Tanjiro due to speed amps (Dance of the Fire God + Demon Slayer Mark + See-Through World)

He also has fear hax aura that can cause paralysis, precog, extended attack range, and Regenerationn nullification with Dance of the Fire God.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Tanjiro due to speed amps (Dance of the Fire God + Demon Slayer Mark + See-Through World)
He also has fear hax aura that can cause paralysis, precog, extended attack range, and Regenerationn nullification with Dance of the Fire God.
Wolf has Immortality Type 4, so even if he dies he will resurrect.

Tanjirou has no fear aura. Even if he had, Wolf resists. Wolf also has extended attack range and Regenerationn null is completely useless because Wolf has no regen, and I'm pretty sure it has no feats on working on human Regenerationn.

Mean I don't really see any incap abilities in Tanjiro's profile or are they refering to a rugular knock out?

Even if he could does a person usually stay down for a full 24 hours? That seem like a terrible argument and this seems like a stomp via no win con.

I mean, yeah. They are willing to kill. Tanjirou is not going to know that Sekiro is immortal at first so later Sekiro knows his fighting style and overwhelms him.

Normally a person does not stay knocked out for more than a few minutes, usually less than that. It's possible for someone who fainted to transition into sleep, but even that doesn't last for more than a few minutes. KOing someone for 24 hours would basically require putting them in a coma. Kind of annoying how common of a misconception this is on this wiki.

Two of Tanjiro's amps allowed him to fight opponents who can blitz him before the amp (and the third allowed him to see his opponent in slow motion with precog), so yes the gap is very significant and is an outright stomp.

Type 4 immortality would only make Wolf's death (or second death; Tanjiro's senses are too good to get backstabbed) a BFR at best, since there are no Sculptor's Idols nearby.

Some minor points less important than the ones above:

Tanjiro briefly displayed his fear aura, and it is established that strong humans can produce them just like demons. But since Wolf did show resistance to supernatural fear aura, it doesn't matter.

Tanjiro can still make slash from several meters, so he has superior range outside of Wolf's shurikens.

Wolf has healing gourd and pellets, so DotFG would make them useless. The sensation of burning is accompanied by the Regenerationn nullification, so unless we claim that Wolf would suffer no sensation of burning the regen null should work.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Type 4 immortality would only make Wolf's death (or second death; Tanjiro's senses are too good to get backstabbed) a BFR at best, since there are no Sculptor's Idols nearby.
Wut? I need a translator for this one.

In the game, Sekiro can resurrect on the spot only once, until he rests at a checkpoint or his Regenerationn bar fills up by killing enemies.

The next time he is killed he spawns at a checkpoint (Sculptor's Idol). There are no checkpoints in the SBA battlefield, so it is a BFR at best if Wolf dies twice.

The game is called "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" for a reason.

ShadowWhoWalks said:
In the game, Sekiro can resurrect on the spot only once, until he rests at a checkpoint or his Regenerationn bar fills up by killing enemies.
The next time he is killed he spawns at a checkpoint (Sculptor's Idol). There are no checkpoints in the SBA battlefield, so it is a BFR at best if Wolf dies twice.

The game is called "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice" for a reason.
That's Game Mechanics.

Or is it? Miyazaki likes to incorporate lore into game mechanics.

But if you want to stay away from speculations and stick to confirmed canon, it is entirely possible to incap Wolf. He was gifted the resurrection power after getting stabbed in the Hirata State incident, but even with the power he was unconscious for hours (if not days) after Genichiro cut off his arm. Wolf being unable to regenerate his limbs also hints that the resurrection powers has limitations.

So to compromise... Tanjiro wins by cutting Wolf's arms and legs?

ShadowWhoWalks said:
Or is it? Miyazaki likes to incorporate lore into game mechanics.
But if you want to stay away from speculations and stick to confirmed canon, it is entirely possible to incap Wolf. He was gifted the resurrection power after getting stabbed in the Hirata State incident, but even with the power he was unconscious for hours (if not days) after Genichiro cut off his arm. Wolf being unable to regenerate his limbs also hints that the resurrection powers has limitations.

So to compromise... Tanjiro wins by cutting Wolf's arms and legs?
Ok look, Wolf has caconically died multiple times during the course of the game and many of those likely included something more severe than a stab wound when you take into account the enemies he's fighting.

Why his arm hasn't regrown can be explained in different ways like the fact it was cut off prior to him becomiing immortal.

You fought bravely on my behalf. I cannot throw away such loyalty. Loyal Wolf, take my blood and live again.
~ Kuro​
This quote is part of the Hirata State flashback, meaning that Wolf got his immortality before waking up with amnesia or getting his arm cut by Genichiro.

If Wolf is incapped for over an hour like what happened when Genichiro cut of his limb, then that is an incap win for Tanjiro.

If Wolf dies, then Wolf has no feats of regenerating limbs or his head through his resurrection, and definitely not under an hour, so it is an incap win for Tanjiro. If we consider Wolf's return to a Sculptor's Idol or a point of rest/meditation to be part of lore, then it is a BFR win for Tanjiro.

We have no idea what foe Wolf died to, and by which manner. At best we know he definitely did not die in the non-Shura final boss battles, since one of the Mortal Blades is being used against him.

The sculpture idols are not cannon in their ability to ressurect you as they were all crafted by the sculptor and thus did not exist prior to him while other immortals did.

And while wolf has no feats of regenerating limbs it would be wrong to assume that it would kill him as people with lesser forms of immortality have been stated to be unable to fully die and the mortal blade is the only thing that can kill them and Wolf too.

If decapitation is all it takes then why didn't Genichiro do it? He had every reason to seeing as the power of the dragon will never be his as long as Wolf lives, by his own statement. And he had the chance to in the very begging of the game.

Infested characters have been shown to survive much more than simple "letal" wounds as the Guardian Ape survived decapitation and was still able to use his head enough to make that scream attack of his. There is also that trainer guy, the Undying, that has been searching for a way to die but hasn't found one, despite the numerous ways in which he's been killed only the mortal blade works.

It is not said that Orangutan was the first or only sculptor or that he made every single idol, and he definetly didn't make the ones in Fountainhead Palace. The Severence ending shows that history can repeat itself where Wolf becomes a sculptor, and Emma takes the prosthetic arm saying that one day a shinobi will arive and need it.

I am not saying that cutting Wolf's limbs will kill him, I said that it would incapacitate him (like Genichiro did), that it would make Wolf crippled for an unknown amount of time (maybe indefinitely), or that it would BFR him. The infested rejuvenating water is different from the gift of the dragon heir. The rejuvenating water makes people "unable to die" (think headless ape), while the gift of the divine heir allows people to keep resurrecting after death by stealing life force.

Genichiro did not know that Wolf received the gift in the beginning of the game. Wolf was simply put in prison in suspicion of being a traitor in the Hirata Estate incident. Genichiro left Wolf expecting him to bleed to death (in which case he would simply resurrect), but he was saved by the sculptor. Wolf's limb Regenerationn through resurrection is questionable.

As explained, Wolf's immortality is very different from the infested rejuvenating water and they can't be compared; while the infested can't die, Wolf can die but will resurrect. The most charitable explanation for the arm is that since the Divine Dragon has its left arm chopped up, his gift is incapable of regenerating left arms, but this theory is lacking evidence. At the end of the day, it is very possible to make Wolf unconsciously bleeding to death for a very long time.

It literally says on the wiki that they were all carved by him and their description says this:

Sculptor's Idols serve as a checkpoint and can be found throughout Ashina. Resting at a Sculptor's Idol will completely replenish vitality and restore one use of Resurrection. Additionally, Quick Items and Spirit Emblems in your storage will be added to your current inventory.
With some exceptions, resting will also revive defeated enemies.
There is no mention of them being tied to ressurection or immortality at all. Also the "history repeats itself" point is quite weak as not only is the prostetic arm the first completed version, made solely for the sculptor but whichever ending you choose all of them are the first time something like that has happend as they all relate to how you choose to deal with the immortality that was brought along with the dragon from the west (probably China).

The waters all spring from the Fountain Head palace to my understanding and all the different types of immortality came along with the dragons arrival. Also why would the infestation not be comparable to the dragon's blood, I recall it being superior and also several people that were infested have died like the monk you find in the mountains and after beating and stabbing the practice guy he outright states he died from it.

Also the requirements for knock out are at least one hour and fot incap a whole day and there is no clear line as to what your proposal is and if Wolf not having any limbs mean that he definetevely cannot hurt him just that he practically can't. Also isn't he listed as having low-mid?

I provided evidence that Orangutan was not the only one who had the Sculptor's title. The first is that Orangutan had no way to reach Fountainhead Palace, and the second that in one ending Wolf takes the title of Sculptor. Not to mention that Orangutan lived as a hermit in seclusion inside the Dilapidated Temple as the Sculptor, so it is not like he was traveling around to place these idols.

So there are three explanations:

• 1) There was at least one Sculptor before Orangutan who made idols and spread them around Ashina, including in Fountainhead Palace
  • 2) The Sculptor's Idols outside the temple are metaphorical and only exists in Wolf's mind
  • 3) The Sculptor's Idols got teleported throughout Ashina with magical means
The Rejuvenating Water providing a different type of immortality has been explicitly explained in the game. Genichiro drank the Rejuvenating Water, but he still wanted the Dragon's Heritage's immortality.

Hmm... Damn, still alive
~ Hanbei the Undying after receiving a deathblow​
For an age, I have been blessed by the worm. To be undying is to walk the eternal path to enlightenment, thus I must become enlightened to understand why I cannot die. It is said the holy dragon's origins were in the west. So I wonder, how did the worm come to be bestowed upon me?
~ Holy Chapter: Infested​
The Rejuvenating Waters. That is what it is called. [...] Those who drink it cannot fully die... No, they become unable to die at all.
~ Emma explaining Ashina's secret weapon to Kuro​
It seems that the Rejuvenating Water on its own eventually transforms people into insane fish creatures, but the one that is infected with centipedes will grant undying immortality.

Wolf's immortality is different since he can die.

As I said, Wolf has an anti-feat where he was knocked out for hours, if not days, after he got his arm chopped off. He also has no feats of regenerating his limbs and head if your interpretation is that the Sculptor's Idols are irrelevant, in fact Wolf's arm remains unregenerated throughout the course of the game.

The Sculptor's Idols were all carved and by The Sculptor (his name in Japanese, Busshi, literally means "Sculptor of Buddhas"). In his workshop at the Dilapidated Temple, you can see dozens of malformed, unfinished, or discarded Sculptor's Idols.
~ Sekiro wiki​
Yeah, no. The description of the idols also mentions nothing about them being tied to ressurection at all. Instead it only describes what they do in game.
Sculptor's Idols serve as a checkpoint and can be found throughout Ashina. Resting at a Sculptor's Idol will completely replenish vitality and restore one use of Resurrection. Additionally, Quick Items and Spirit Emblems in your storage will be added to your current inventory.
With some exceptions, resting will also revive defeated enemies.
They aren't mention by any characters as well, at least not as something more than just sculptures iirc. Now my memory may be faulty but I went through a bunch of lore videos by Vaati (not all) and nothing there as well.

Keep in mind these are brought to us by the same company that has bonfires magically spawning in the Abyss of all places after you beat a boss. Pretty clear Game Mechanics.

Being killed for a worthy purpose was a bit... refreshing.
~ Hanbei after receiving a death blow​
Few have managed to kill me in such a thorough manner.
~ Hanbei after you kill him for the first time​
Being unable to die just means he can't die permanently because he keeps ressurecting. And mind you by Sekiro lore eels are related to dragons and one of the mist nobles even mentions that they seek to become a dragon.

Also this.

Just watch Vaati.

Mhm, maybe because the sculptor attached a piece of wood to his arm is why he can't heal...

In all seriousness Wolf not regenerating an arm is one thing to go against the countless statements that immortals can't die by normal means. You'd think that if decapitation or something of the like was enough someone would have been like "Yeah you're immortal buuuut...".

That's a pretty big but to not bring up. And also so long as Wolf has low-mid in his profile then for the purposes of a vs battle he has them until a CRT gets done. And if you believe you can prove that he indeed can't regen arms and needs you should get a CRT done and accepted because I'm not backing up from my stance simply because he isn't shown regrowing and arm, neither is the Ashen One but we still acccept that he ain't gonna die from a good enough slice.

Ok, since Tanjiro got upgraded this either needs to be mid-game Wolf or an earlier Tanjiro in order to work.

You could use either 9-A, 8-C or 8-B key. I don't recommend the 8-B since Tanjirou will have an obvious adventage.

Back