• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Crooked Man Revision

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
new profile here, alongside all planned profiles for the series

Only thing I think I need to justify is the AP being 9-C despite scaling to David, whose ratings might be considered a bit weird. The reason he's only 10-A despite being 9-C+ with weapons and the Crooked Man's durability being 9-B is that... that's what is the most consistent in my opinion.

You'll find all scans on the profile but David is completely unable to fight the Crooked Man without a weapon and even then can only scare him off by hitting him dozens of times. IMO this means it's better to scale David off his own feats, and luckily his feats with weapons are less than half the Crooked Man's durability (11k joules vs 17k joules), so even that way he could still hurt him easily. As for his physicals not scaling to his weaponry, well not only does he need weapons to pull off 9-C stuff, but do does Keith Baring (profile is in the sandbox too), who is stronger than David, story-wise.

Hopefully this all makes sense, have a good day

unless characters are known for being specifically durable I think they should probably scale to their durability, so whats up with these characters

Not really, the other way around, sure, but "should be comparable to his durability" is pretty weak reasoning. Or rather, it's not reasoning at all.

well even if they dont have actual scaling to their own durability theres nothing implying if they punched themselves in the face nothing would happen

Doesn't work that way, you gotta prove it would. Also if it did end up working that way everyone here would be 9-B, which is incredibly spotty since they routinely struggle to get past normal doors and the like.

Completely forgot that the guy has a profile on this site then again middens characters also have profiles so whatever. Agree with the changes.

Completely forgot that the guy has a profile on this site then again middens characters also have profiles so whatever. Agree with the changes.
I actually had a half mind to revise Middens, it's missing some stuff, but I decided not to cause I don't have the third game, which is the one with the feats, and I don't wanna give money to John Clowder cause he's kind of an asshole.

The third game's actually a fan-game that's considered canon, so you don't have to worry about your money going to the guy who... is in prison for peculiar reasons.
Speaking of feats, the 2-C justification for Coolie and all the other characters leads to a deleted video, so I'm gonna have to make a CRT about fixing the justification stuff.

On the Crooked Man stuff, this seems fine. In fact, I praise Armor for the dedication that went into this. This is extremely well-made.

On the Middens stuff, I'd propose a CRT about that too. I don't really like the explanations, and I do know what videos they speak of. (Also, I didn't know that about John, ouch. I really liked the games but oh man-)

On the Crooked Man stuff, this seems fine. In fact, I praise Armor for the dedication that went into this. This is extremely well-made.
Thanks, I binged all the games lately and then re-watched full playthroughs for this, I'm glad it shows.

Anyway unless wyatt has any objections I'll bump this a couple times then begin applying it.
On the Middens stuff, I'd propose a CRT about that too. I don't really like the explanations, and I do know what videos they speak of. (Also, I didn't know that about John, ouch. I really liked the games but oh man-)
We could make a small group chat about it if yall are up for it. And yeah it really sucks, I was kinda heartbroken upon finding out.

Thanks, I binged all the games lately and then re-watched full playthroughs for this, I'm glad it shows.
It really does! if i had half that dedication with my university stuff i'd be so relaxed right now
We could make a small group chat about it if yall are up for it. And yeah it really sucks, I was kinda heartbroken upon finding out.
I'm up to it. I think most characters really stay as 4-B, with the higher stuff being reserved to specific beings and things.

Back