• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Wasn't Queen Maeve only training after she was captured

Why does his AP downscale? Just give Maeve 8-C+. She could straight up make Homelander bleed while the chemical plant explosion could not. These are just rough AP justifications.

Homelander: At least 8-C+ (By virtue of being the strongest character in the verse thus far and superior to Solider Boy)
Soldier Boy: At least 8-C+ (While inferior, could still hold his own against Homelander. Almost comparable to Homelander)
Billy Butcher (With Temp V): 8-C+ (Can stagger and harm Homelander with his Heat Vision. Was able to trade blows with Homelander as well as Soldier Boy, though he ultimately lost to the latter)
Queen Maeve (Post Training key, or post whatever ep her training happened): 8-C+ (Grew stronger after extensive training. Was able to make Homelander bleed while a chemical explosion couldn't even scratch him, and held her own against, though she was ultimately overpowered)
Considering that we also have a lot of calcs that were made, I think is best to wait, see if they are accepted, and then do the proper scaling. Idk, seems more comfortable.

Also again, we don't know the exact circumstance of how Black Noir kidnapped Maeve > Homelander could've had a hand in helping him do that, and Maeve is still training in her jail cell apparently. So the Maeve in the Season 3 finale was likely stronger than when she got kidnapped

Well the issue really wasn't AP scaling to his durability, as much as if Maeve scaled to Homelander then it would basically shatter the power scaling of the franchise if we didn't assume people had really bad AP compared to their durability.

If we've giving Maeve a "Homelander fight only" key and not scaling anyone to her, then his AP downscaling from his durability MCU Iron Man style wouldn't be that weird.
But Homelander still scales from Soldier Boy trading blows with him.

He was one shot by Homelander and we don't know what he did to capture her. It could be some stealth prep thing rather than a strength thing.
Black Noir drew blood from Soldier Boy in that little animation thing, but Soldier Boy presumably got stronger from Russian experiments?

He deffo stealth captured Maeve though.

We decided the animation sequence was invalid a while ago because even Mindstorm could make him bleed.
Why though? Mindstorm doesn't have any anti feats. It took in fact multiple hits from SB to kill him in comparison to Homelander oneshotting Black Noir.

Is it even really necessary to give Queen Maeve a second key when she can oberpower Stormfront who can survive less then casual lasers from Homelander?

Actually....Where does Stormfront and Cindy (If she gets a profile) scale in this?

oberpower Stormfront who can survive less then casual lasers from Homelander?
Stormfront was easily gibbed by lasers Stormfront no selled and Maeve could survive Homelander's heat vision blasting into her. Its just a scaling issue that's present if she doesn't get a second key. Plus we already have an in-universe justification that she canonically got stronger with training.

Stormfront was easily gibbed by lasers Stormfront no selled and Maeve could survive Homelander's heat vision blasting into her. Its just a scaling issue that's present if she doesn't get a second key. Plus we already have an in-universe justification that she canonically got stronger with training.
I'm assuming you meant Homelander with that last bit, fair.

Where does Stormfront and Cindy scale? 9A?

wait!.. this calc say that the yield is 8-C+, but 1.02106377003 tons ISN'T 8-C with +.

• 8-C+: (0.25+2)/2 = 1.125 tons..
so that needs to be fixed on the profiles..

Last edited:
i mean he was knocked out when he fell off a roof (ryan weaker than jesse pinkman lol) but apparently his powers grow with time and season 3 takes place a year after the second season

Why is Homelander "8-C, likely higher"? Isn't that kind of tier used when he could be a higher tier than 8-C, which he isn't right now? I don't think his powers growing over time warrants that "likely higher" part

The "likely higher" seems to be based on a headcanon that Homelander is still growing stronger overtime (I think?). I don't mind if it's removed.

The "likely higher" seems to be based on a headcanon that Homelander is still growing stronger overtime (I think?). I don't mind if it's removed.
homelander stated that at ryan’s age he was breaking the sound barrier, which implies that he gets stronger with time. so it isnt exactly headcanon

it doesn’t really make sense though, since homelander has already reached his prime

I still think that Soldier Boy and Homelander should have higher durability than they APs. Not true stone walls in the sense of having entire tier jumps, but because they are more durable.

When they fought each other in the mansion, Homelander only had one bruise (likely from getting 2v1'd), while SB came out unscathed.
Yet, when HL fought Maeve (Notting that he was reluctant to fight her at first, compared to going all-out against SB from the get go) she ended-up severely injured.
And on the other hand, Butcher received several injuries from taking hits from SB.

So, in summary, both HL and SB take less damage compared to characters that scale to their AP, even while fighting each other.

Also I hope someone checks my calcs to see if we can get some upgrades/support for the character's tiers (specially since Naqib's calc was downgraded)

Think it's a bit uncertain for Homelander since we don't know if someone just as strong as himself can hurt him (everyone he fought is at least slightly weaker), but I can definitely see the argument for Soldier Boy.

I still think that Soldier Boy and Homelander should have higher durability than they APs. Not true stone walls in the sense of having entire tier jumps, but because they are more durable.

When they fought each other in the mansion, Homelander only had one bruise (likely from getting 2v1'd), while SB came out unscathed.
Yet, when HL fought Maeve (Notting that he was reluctant to fight her at first, compared to going all-out against SB from the get go) she ended-up severely injured.
And on the other hand, Butcher received several injuries from taking hits from SB.

So, in summary, both HL and SB take less damage compared to characters that scale to their AP, even while fighting each other.

Also I hope someone checks my calcs to see if we can get some upgrades/support for the character's tiers (specially since Naqib's calc was downgraded)
Got any links to those calcs of yours?

They don't really fully scale to their AP, no?

It's Butcher < Maeve < SB =< HL

They don't really fully scale to their AP, no?

It's Butcher < Maeve < SB =< HL
While true, it doesn't change the fact that SB and HL came out unscathed from fighting each other and going pretty much all-out, but characters close to their levels received several injuries from their attacks.

Real people don't tend to hurt each other too badly like that unless you abuse weak points. I don't think that's them being stone walls.

yeah, if they were both severely injuring each other with their punches i’m pretty sure that would make them both glass cannons

Ye, and that isn't realistic. They can just tank the force they can put out, so naturally people that output less force than them wouldn't hurt them as much as they'd hurt each other, and they wouldn't have a very easy time hurting each other.

homelander stated that at ryan’s age he was breaking the sound barrier, which implies that he gets stronger with time. so it isnt exactly headcanon

it doesn’t really make sense though, since homelander has already reached his prime
Humans get stronger and faster as they grow up. Why wouldn't a genetically enhanced human also get stronger and faster as they grow up?

This isn't him getting stronger every day. It's him going from a little boy to an adult.

yeah, exactly. i don't think anyone who worked on the show believed that homelander was a building level threat the moment he came out of the womb, but that doesn't mean he's exponentially getting stronger by the second.

Humans get stronger and faster as they grow up. Why wouldn't a genetically enhanced human also get stronger and faster as they grow up?

This isn't him getting stronger every day. It's him going from a little boy to an adult.
Yeah, I wanted to point that out too. Not only him being stronger than he was a kid is natural as it is for normal humans, but also the phrase doesn't really have to imply that, but more like "as his age I was doing better".

Back