• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay sorry if this is ****** up, but two planes doing an explosion that could barely be considered 9A tearing dwon two skyscrapers is the perfect example that 8B is not needed to bring skyscrapers down
lol i actually calced the explosion to 8-A but ok

lol i actually calced the explosion to 8-A but ok
EQ9OCgqX0AASwkQ.jpg

Scaling to George Bush I take it?
i thought of that, but ultimately we ended up just using a billion contradicting conspiracy theories for obama's stats (so he had reptilian powers, cyborgization, satan magic, mind control, extremely deadly vaccines, etc). as such we were pretty much able to make up whatever we wanted, allowing us to make his backstory as batshit insane as possible

so obama is actually osama bin laden. after his attack on america, osama created a new identity by using his shapeshifting powers and changing his name by one letter, thus becoming barack obama

Well lmao we can add mine now.
I also made a(nother) calc for Homelander's explosion in the spin off, Lamplighter melting the steel door, and Butcher surviving the shockwave (because idk, maybe I'm the only one that's bothered by Wall level Butcher)

As for the scaling, while I was planning to make a CRT for the verse depending on how the calcs turned out, I think something I should mention is that Maeve should have different keys for Season 1-2 and Season 3. While we only get one statement of her training off-screen for the fight, the feats also imply a power difference.
Like, in Season 2, Stormfront survived several hits from Maeve, while both Kimiko and Starlight could also hurt her. Yet, in Season 3, Maeve is fighting Homelander on her own, while Starlight and Kimiko get overpowered easily by Soldier Boy (Even Starlight's strongest attack doesn't do much to SB).

Another point is the likelihood of Homelander and Soldier Boy to be stone walls. Both Butcher and Maeve receive several injuries from fighting them, yet SB and HL themselves barely are injured (HL received one bruise from getting 2v1ed, and a nosebleed from Maeve, and SB suffers like no injury besides Butcher's heat vision)

Finally, no, Hughie doesn't scale to Homelander lmao.

Well, I guess making Soldier Boy, Homelander, Season 3 Maeve and Butcher High 8-C would make things more consistent. Or at least giving Maeve a post training key.

Well, I guess making Soldier Boy, Homelander, Season 3 Maeve and Butcher High 8-C would make things more consistent. Or at least giving Maeve a post training key.
Why would Maeve get post-training key? Season 1 shows that she regularly engages in combat training and she's the second strongest supe (To the public)

She mentions training to fight Homelander.

Don't get me wrong I completely agree that its a lame excuse to justify a fight since the series doesn't support that logic, but for the sake of profiling I guess she just trained really hard.... while in prison.
Quote from Season 3:
Starlight: Have you ever heard of something called "B.C.L. RED"?

Maeve: You mean a weapon that can kill Homelander, if Butcher can find it?

Starlight: You know?

Maeve: Who do you think sent them down the rabbit hole?

It's why I'm training.

Or haven't had a drink in four awful, shit-eating months.

Maybe I can buy Butcher a second or two to get a good shot.

At the very least, I'll get a couple of licks in."

This means Maeve has been training with the sole purpose of fighting Homelander for at least 4 months.

Yeah, pretty vague, but it justifies her jump in tier from Season 2.

Quote from Season 3:
Starlight: Have you ever heard of something called "B.C.L. RED"?

Maeve: You mean a weapon that can kill Homelander, if Butcher can find it?

Starlight: You know?

Maeve: Who do you think sent them down the rabbit hole?

It's why I'm training.

Or haven't had a drink in four awful, shit-eating months.

Maybe I can buy Butcher a second or two to get a good shot.

At the very least, I'll get a couple of licks in."

This means Maeve has been training with the sole purpose of fighting Homelander for at least 4 months.

Yeah, pretty vague, but it justifies her jump in tier from Season 2.
It's pretty wack, but hey, at least we have an explanation for her jump in power

apparently he’s still a stone wall despite trading blows with others who can harm him
Personally, while I don't fully disagree with HL and SB as stone walls, I also don't think the gap should be that big.

Like, a low tier 9-A (Although the calc that supported that rating is now only 9-B, so...) can't hurt an almost High 8-C character.

Tbh, I would rather wait to see if any of the 8-C calcs get accepted, and also the calcs that would give actually support to the current "At least Wall level+, likely Small Building level", before making any substantial changes.

Why is Homelander's AP not upgraded like his durability?
Because things take time and don't happen instantly. The wiki isn't disappearing, just wait and it'll happen.

Everyone has pretty much agreed that Homelander AP will be scaling to due to being stronger than people who can somewhat harm him. Just that there are around half a dozen different calcs of the same feat being tossed around and people are trying to figure out which is the most accurate one.

So there is no reason to worry about it. Unless all the feats get recalced at 9-A or something.

Why is Homelander's AP not upgraded like his durability?
Well the issue really wasn't AP scaling to his durability, as much as if Maeve scaled to Homelander then it would basically shatter the power scaling of the franchise if we didn't assume people had really bad AP compared to their durability.

If we've giving Maeve a "Homelander fight only" key and not scaling anyone to her, then his AP downscaling from his durability MCU Iron Man style wouldn't be that weird.

Wasn't Queen Maeve only training after she was captured

If we've giving Maeve a "Homelander fight only" key and not scaling anyone to her, then his AP downscaling from his durability MCU Iron Man style wouldn't be that weird.
Why does his AP downscale? Just give Maeve 8-C+. She could straight up make Homelander bleed while the chemical plant explosion could not. These are just rough AP justifications.

Homelander: At least 8-C+ (By virtue of being the strongest character in the verse thus far and superior to Solider Boy)
Soldier Boy: At least 8-C+ (While inferior, could still hold his own against Homelander. Almost comparable to Homelander)
Billy Butcher (With Temp V): 8-C+ (Can stagger and harm Homelander with his Heat Vision. Was able to trade blows with Homelander as well as Soldier Boy, though he ultimately lost to the latter)
Queen Maeve (Post Training key, or post whatever ep her training happened): 8-C+ (Grew stronger after extensive training. Was able to make Homelander bleed while a chemical explosion couldn't even scratch him, and held her own against, though she was ultimately overpowered)

Maeve was training between Season 2 and 3.

I think Noir capturing her is because he caught her by surprise. Other than that, if makes way more sense for Maeve to have 2 keys, as I mention here.

Back