• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Any reason why he couldn't be falling unconscious from the gas and just used the last of his strength for his blast before falling to the nerve gas?

Why are we instantly assuming this his explosion knocked himself out, despite him breathing in a gas that we know could knock him out?

We should not be assuming such a thing without actual evidence. Do you have any proof that the strength of the blast was so powerful that it knocked him out?
I actually didn't realize until rewatching the episode that Maeve was awake after being hit by the blast, so yeah it probably was the gas. Ignore that point on my end

Black Noir tanking an explosion used to be 9-A but that’s supposed to be downgraded. I’m pretty sure there are a couple of unexplored feats that would yield 9-A though.

Kimiko being able to withstand a blast that in another scene vapourized someone should scale those guys to 9-A comfortably

Soldier Boy has never been knocked out by the explosions he released before. Also, it makes the whole Nerve Gas subplot completely pointless, so, it makes narrative sense that Solider Boy was just using the last bit of strength he had left before passing out.
They do cause him to black out, though, so the mental strain of his unchecked PTSD lasers plus the physiological strain of having a nerve-destroying gas pumped directly into his lungs probably did it

It's kinda wack scaling cuz Noir does directly contribute to restraining and capturing Maeve but then she practically scales 1:1 with Homelander and Soldier Boy who both stomped Noir
yeah.. but without counting that I don't see what is the justification for the likely 9-A rating of Black Noir, Kimiko and etc..

I thought that these were different type of attacks.. like that other explosions made by Soldier Boy..
His PTSD-triggered explosions seem to be more powerful, as they clearly wear him out considerably compared to his regular ones, seeing as he couldn't muster a regular one up after his freakout at Herogasm and iirc he did better against Homelander in their second fight, whereas he eventually got solidly overpowered 1v1 after a while in their first fight.

Well now that Kimiko has a feat of getting blasted through several reinforced concrete walls while in the midst of having her powers nullified, I'd say she carries their 9-A rating
Isn't that feat just Wall level? I mean, just see the thick of the wall.
butcher_librera_a_soldier_boy_y_este_dana_a_kimiko_the_boys_latino_2-5_screenshot.png

Well, probably is a little more thick, but assuming that the thickness of the wall is 25cm, then that wall needs to be more than 4 meters tall and 2 meters wide to be at least baseline 9-A..

didnt the blast vaporize people though

actually dont soldier boy's blasts downscale from homelander as well

I'm not sure as I've only just recently watched the Boys, but the current ratings of Black Noir and weaker probably come from downscaling?

Gonna be tricky where to put Black Noir though now that the top tiers are 8-B.

Idk, but the blast that SB throw to Kimiko only destroyed a wall, not an entire house
Other Supes were able to survive a partial blast from it as well during Herogasm (They were burnt and Homelander stated that they had lost their powers). Its probably a durability thing alongside Soldier Boy's emotional state/how much he charges it

Other Supes were able to survive a partial blast from it as well during Herogasm (They were burnt and Homelander stated that they had lost their powers). Its probably a durability thing alongside Soldier Boy's emotional state/how much he charges it
If we scale these supes to the blast that destroyed the house, then I'm pretty sure that the blast is pretty much higher than 9-A

Speaking of Black Noir he and the other guys seemed capable of harming and restraining Soldier Boy together in the animated flashback. He even drew blood from Soldier Boy in that flashback but idk how reliable of a narrator he is.

Although Soldier Boy could have got stronger from Russian experiments given how he got new powers and shit.

If they only get partially hit by that attack? Then how is that 9-A?
Also, I can see that? 🤔
Bro, why the **** are you obsessed with with 9-A, not once do I mention it (They character don't need to be 9-A, we just need feats for them)

And no, you can't see it because we don't see them get hit. All we see is a bunch of burnt ************* exiting the destroyed building and have Homelander's statement about them losing their powers due to the V in their systems being burnt out. The reason why I brought this up was because Soldier Boy's blasts don't disintegrate all ************* upon contact (Didn't with Kimiko, didn't with Maeve, and didn't with a bunch of other supes. He only kills Crimson Countess and the TnT Twins with his attack, though they were hit with a fully charged and direct blast...Which Maeve also survived)

All we see is a bunch of burnt ************* exiting the destroyed building and have Homelander's statement about them losing their powers due to the V in their systems being burnt out. The reason why I brought this up was because Soldier Boy's blasts don't disintegrate all ************* upon contact
That's is the issue, the attacks of Soldier Boy are like.. something different. Some attacks of SB are like blasts, others are more like explosions and etc.. also, I don't know at how much distance was Kimiko of that attack, since we can't see the visuals of that..

countess and the tnt twins were past their prime, so it makes sense that kimiko survived spongebobboy's nuclear blast and they didn't

As I said, if were to go by Black Noir's animation, they overpowered Soldier Boy together and Black Noir drew blood from him.

I'd say Stormfront and Black Noir are two marginal cases that seem to be significantly stronger than the weaker heroes but not on the level as the top tiers. Which is probably why our current ratings have the weaker heroes downscale?

So I hear Soldier Boy's explosion has like, 8 versions. You guys gonna discuss which one is best to use?

Back