• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys: Homelander massive downgrade and Small Town Level calc problems

Welp; I hope for Homelander & co to be within 8-C to High 8-C, and you hope for your calc to reach higher than that, may whoever hope's win (in before the calc is too high to be accepted or if the next season explains that Maeve got saved at the last second by someone or something)

Granted, I find it extremely weird for Maeve to even harm Homelander let alone survive Soldier Boy's explosion; like... I feel like this might be recon'd next season or smth since, to me, this doesn't make much narrative sense, but idk.

Granted, I find it extremely weird for Maeve to even harm Homelander let alone survive Soldier Boy's explosion; like... I feel like this might be recon'd next season or smth since, to me, this doesn't make much narrative sense, but idk.
I mean think about the characters they parody. Superman is shown to be superior to Wonder Woman, but she is usually still shown to be comparable to him.

It actually does, Maeve always has depicted as being super strong (actually the second strongest among the heroes) plus an earlier episode did foreshadow that fight. This was way better handled than the "fight" they had in the comic (plus the wonder woman and superman comparison applies too)

True, true. I suppose that I am just not too used to the idea of Homelander (TV) being physically harmed by other characters yet.... Okay, I gotta ask, what about Stormfront... does she scale or nah?

I would argue she heavily downscales in terms of durability, as she was able to take hits from Maeve. I don't remember Stormfront physically hurting characters that could harm her though, so only her lightning would downscale to my knowledge.

So Queen Maeve scales to Homelander
On this: Does Maeve really scale for Homelander? Maeve drew blood from Homelander's nose, punched his testicles, and pierced his ear. These are fragile areas and I think Maeve was able to fight due to her combat skill. If Homelander is at 8-C, for example, wouldn't it be appropriate to put Maeve at "at least 9-A", perhaps?

On this: Does Maeve really scale for Homelander? Maeve drew blood from Homelander's nose, punched his testicles, and pierced his ear. These are fragile areas and I think Maeve was able to fight due to her combat skill. If Homelander is at 8-C, for example, wouldn't it be appropriate to put Maeve at "at least 9-A", perhaps?
Nope, 8-C. Maeve’s punch did more damage than the 8-C explosion Homelander tanked.

In any case a bloody nose would be enough to scale. Not to mention she endured Homelander’s Heat Vision

Like I get it, its dumb because of that scene with them being jumped by Noir. Both of these scenes were pretty fumbled but its clear they were harming Homelander.

Where are we scaling characters now?

Are we using the 8-B calc for anything other than Soldier Boy?
There's potential for the GTs scaling to it via Maeve's durability, since she survived that blast at point blank range. Homelander scales to her dura, and the other GTs (including Maeve's AP) scale off of him to varying degrees

Yeah.. but using the concept art gives me like.. High 8-C.
Although is not scalable at all, so.. yeah.
The window Homelander's looking out of (The Seven's Boardroom), is different in size and shape from the rest of the building's windows, so this calc doesn't really work.

The window Homelander's looking out of (The Seven's Boardroom), is different in size and shape from the rest of the building's windows, so this calc doesn't really work.
I didn't used that, but still works if you want to scale the tower width.. I think.

Also, I agree with the OP too!
9f75747a2dfb40c7f153d54faad41ea7.png

Slight consistency problem. Homelander is uninjured by a 1-5 tons of tnt blast, but upscales from Maeve, who is scailing under 1 ton of tnt and able to injure him.

Edit: I also find using the curve of the building for scaling weird when we could just use the average skyscraper story height.

Slight consistency problem. Homelander is uninjured by a 1-5 tons of tnt blast, but upscales from Maeve, who is scailing under 1 ton of tnt and able to injure him.

Edit: I also find using the curve of the building for scaling weird when we could just use the average skyscraper story height.
the skyscraper for what feat?

the skyscraper for what feat?
Vought tower.

Edit: Also Homelander tanks a 1 ton + explosion with no damage but we're supposed to believe Maeve is seriously injured by a .25 ton of tnt blast? The 8B calc is straight up more consistent.

Vought tower.

Edit: Also Homelander tanks a 1 ton + explosion with no damage but we're supposed to believe Maeve is seriously injured by a .25 ton of tnt blast? The 8B calc is straight up more consistent.
Didn't that explosion take powers or something like that? If yes, then just fall-damage and that.

Also, that 8-B calc is wrong since these "storey" are just glasses that aren't bigger than two meters tall. We can't apply 8-B without reason too.

Didn't that explosion take powers or something like that? If yes, then just fall-damage and that.
They take the powers after the explosion ends, (otherwise her body would have literally burnt to a crisp), and she's burnt if I remember correctly.
Also, that 8-B calc is wrong since these "storey" are just glasses that aren't bigger than two meters tall. We can't apply 8-B without reason too.
The calc that says that is blatantly wrong. 1.8 meter tall Soldier Boy is shown to be smaller than the glass pane even though he is much closer to the screen than it is. They fly out a solid 20+ feet forward before that shot.

Edit: Whch if anything gives the 8B calc more of a leg to stand on.

They take the powers after the explosion ends, (otherwise her body would have literally burnt to a crisp), and she's burnt if I remember correctly.

The calc that says that is blatantly wrong. 1.8 meter tall Soldier Boy is shown to be smaller than the glass pane even though he is much closer to the screen than it is. They fly out a solid 20+ feet forward before that shot.

Edit: Whch if anything gives the 8B calc more of a leg to stand on.
Idk, she tanked the explosion and after that just survived the fall, and that would take like various seconds since it was a very tall skyscraper.

I already calc that glass, these glasses are very big, but Soldier Boy wasn't in complete position, reason of why is smaller than the diamond-shaped glass.
Also, that glass isn't the complete size of the storey, all these glasses are connected, so like two or three of these glasses are the size of a storey. So I still disagree with using 4.3 meters for the glass.

Idk, she tanked the explosion and after that just survived the fall, and that would take like various seconds since it was a very tall skyscraper.
Well think about it, Kimiko was able to tank the full explosion from Soldier Boy. If she lost her powers during it, should would have been vaporized like a normal person. It seems the V leaves their body a time after the explosion. And people can survive huge falls like that, but not 0.25-76 tons of tnt explosions.
I already calc that glass, these glasses are very big,
Yeah, you calced it at just over 1.8 meters, right? That was what I was refering to.
but Soldier Boy wasn't in complete position, reason of why is smaller than the diamond-shaped glass.
That's not what I'm saying lmao. Queen Maeve launches him out the window, and before they free-fall, they fly straight out about 20 feet. You would have to angsize them using their distance from the tower and the height of the glass in order to get its real size, which would be much closer to the 4 meter value.
Also, that glass isn't the complete size of the storey, all these glasses are connected, so like two or three of these glasses are the size of a storey. So I still disagree with using 4.3 meters for the glass.
But looking at the image, it's usually 3/4 of one diamond and 1/4 of the next maxing up a storey. Also, the whole point is that when it is just one diamond window, it takes up a whole storey.

Well think about it, Kimiko was able to tank the full explosion from Soldier Boy. If she lost her powers during it, should would have been vaporized like a normal person. It seems the V leaves their body a time after the explosion. And people can survive huge falls like that, but not 0.25-76 tons of tnt explosions.

Yeah, you calced it at just over 1.8 meters, right? That was what I was refering to.

That's not what I'm saying lmao. Queen Maeve launches him out the window, and before they free-fall, they fly straight out about 20 feet. You would have to angsize them using their distance from the tower and the height of the glass in order to get its real size, which would be much closer to the 4 meter value.

But looking at the image, it's usually 3/4 of one diamond and 1/4 of the next maxing up a storey. Also, the whole point is that when it is just one diamond window, it takes up a whole storey.
Isn't the explosion that tanked Kimiko much smaller than the one that Maeve tanked?

No, since I calc the size of the diamond-shaped glass using the head width of Soldier Boy, just one frame before that glass breaks.

One diamond-shaped glass isn't four meters tall, probably just the storey is small and that. You can even scale this with real life measurement and the glass is still smaller.

Soldier Boy's blast against Maeve was definitely stronger than what he did against Kimiko, he was threatening to bring down Vought Tower (which I think should be calced, he was mentioned several times during the episode to be at risk of destroying the Tower and killing everyone) while when he hit Kimiko I think all he did was bust down a wall.

Anyways, Maeve, Homelander, and Soldier Boy should scale to the blast physically in some-way shape or form. At the very least we should calc the second blast Soldier Boy unleashed which gouged a hole through two buildings. This was an accident compared to the more serious final burst at the end.
Both should be calced, maybe Soldier Boy should get 3 keys. Physical Prowess, basic shots, and the Vegeta Final Atonement-esc blast at the end.

8-B or 8-A HL is all coming together( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

EDIT: we should calc the blast that killed Crimson Countess and also the other that knocked Kimiko too

Isn't the explosion that tanked Kimiko much smaller than the one that Maeve tanked?
That's not the point lmao. If it took her powers during the blast, or even right before she hit the final wall, she would have died.
No, since I calc the size of the diamond-shaped glass using the head width of Soldier Boy, just one frame before that glass breaks.
Yep, and I'm a moron lol. I assumed you got your reference from the freefall shot lmao.
One diamond-shaped glass isn't four meters tall, probably just the storey is small and that. You can even scale this with real life measurement and the glass is still smaller.
For reference, at 19 seconds on this video we can see how many of the diamonds make up a full floor. Don't know if that changes anything.

Also slightly unrelated, but in the audio visual for the season finally, it is stated multiple times that Starlight, Homelander, and Butcher are firing beams of light. Seems like it could be a reaction speed upgrade?

Yeah I was conceding lmao, but I do think there's a more precise way to measure their size instead of Soldier Boy's head width.
I find a better method.
Screenshotter--TheBoysSeason3Episode8-Bilibili-3921_1.jpg

Door: 188px - 2.032m
Storey Height: 396px - 4.28017021277m (Almost 4.3 meters tall, pretty consistent)
Screenshotter--TheBoysSeason3Episode8-Bilibili-4321.jpg

Storey Height: 198px - 4.28017021277m
Full Glass Size: 131px - 2.83182978723m
Diamond-Shaped Glass: 113px - 2.44272340351m
Diamond-Shaped Glass Exterior: 99px - 2.14008510573m

Last edited:
I find a better method.
Screenshotter--TheBoysSeason3Episode8-Bilibili-3921_1.jpg

Door: 188px - 2.032m
Storey Height: 396px - 4.28017021277m (Almost 4.3 meters tall, pretty consistent)
Screenshotter--TheBoysSeason3Episode8-Bilibili-4321.jpg

Storey Height: 198px - 4.28017021277m
Full Glass Size: 131px - 2.83182978723m
Diamond-Shaped Glass: 113px - 2.44272340351m
Diamond-Shaped Glass Exterior: 99px - 2.14008510573m
Wow. You're briliant. We can use the existing pixel scaling but with these new values. I'll try my hand at it.

I've done my own version of the calc, here it is:

The pixel scaling will be from Marvel Future Fighting Gamer's calc here

The glass is 2.44272340351 meters tall, and 10 pixels, which means each pixel is 0.24427234035 meters. The explosion is 548 pixels wide, or 133.861242512 meters wide.

((0.133861242512/0.28)^3/1000 = 0.00010926736 megatons of tnt or 109.26736 tons of tnt.

If we divide this by 2 (even though it’s nuclear), we get 54.63368 tons of tnt.

If it is nuclear: 109.26736 tons of tnt (8A, Multi City Block level)

If it’s not nuclear: 54.63368 tons of tnt (8B, City Block level)

Back