• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys: Homelander massive downgrade and Small Town Level calc problems

This is already being applied I suppose but I'd also like to add as well that I've been in agreeance here as well

No. Few characters scale to Homelander (the God tier of the series) and Homelander doesn’t have Anti-Feats.
I agree with 8-C. Also, TV Series Homelander is far from invincible despite he is a god-tier. Solider Boy has building destruction. SB and enhanced Butcher can hold their own physically for some time (not to mention that SB's energy projection exhausted him).

SB and Billy also don’t have any anti feats. The radiation thing definitely isn’t since it’s mainly just dangerous cause of the powernull, it’s also variable in output anyway.

Seems there’s more than enough agreement with 8-C, can I go ahead and apply that?
If it is suitable for staff members, I believe it would be good to apply the profile changes. I put the recalcs on a blog if need be.
There's a 9-A calculation of a character likely to scale to Homelander along with this one, but on that one, I'm not sure right now if The Boys: Diabolical episode 3 is canon (if it is, maybe this feat can be cited in Homelander's profile for justify your AP).

If it is suitable for staff members, I believe it would be good to apply the profile changes. I put the recalcs on a blog if need be.
There's a 9-A calculation of a character likely to scale to Homelander along with this one, but on that one, I'm not sure right now if The Boys: Diabolical episode 3 is canon (if it is, maybe this feat can be cited in Homelander's profile for justify your AP).
no that episode is not canon

She fought Homelander one on one while Billy, Starlight, Ryan, and the others were preoccupied with Soldier Boy. She made Homelander bleed with her punches, withstood his heat vision and latter rammed a small blade through his ear.
Hm. No amp or anything like that? If so, then... A few more folks could possibly get boosted since I do remember Maeve losing to Black Noir, could be misremembering, tho.

Ah, I knew I was forgetting smth about that encounter. Hm... So what calc does Homelander scale to now? Also, if Maeve could hurt him, and he could hurt her, wouldn't this mean Homelander scales to his dura now?

There's also this calc we can use, but it covers the explosion itself rather than scaling to the smoke stack,
if we do go with it, it would make Homelander 2x stronger than the suggestion in OP

Also, if this calc is using, it is possible for High 8-C The Boys (Tv Show)! ... Could possibly even sick a few Jojo at Homelander now.

we still need a calc for all the soldier boy explosions it could give really interesting results.

Anyways (TLDR of all this text at the end).

-Queen Maeve, Soldier Boy and (possibly) Temp V Butcher should all comfortably backscale to Homelander. VERY amped Starlight should scale too to all of them, but it's a very situational power up. Maybe a separate note for it.

-Ryan's laser AP and durability should scale too as he harmed SB and somewhat withstood a hit from him

-Black Noir probably doesn't scale, he got one shotted by Homelander as well as manhandled by Soldier Boy in the past, as well as "feat" where he restrained Maeve it was because she was caught off guard. Stormfront is an very iffy case but I guess she could get an possibly mostly because she can keep on a 1v1 to Queen Maeve with no outside interference. But this would create an circular scaling because Starlight, Kimiko and also her brother kind of scale to Stormfront too and it'll mean even A Train would scale so I'll just drop that argument.

-Lastly, about what I said at the beginning; Soldier Boy's explosions should be calced. especially the last one because it could give juicy upgrades to the top tiers. The one that killed Crimson should also get a calc because it can also upgrade mid tiers on Kimiko tier who withstood a blast without really that lethal injuries.

TL;DR:

-8-C to High 8-C for Homelander, Queen Maeve, Soldier Boy, Butcher, Ryan and Amped Starlight. Stormfront COULD get a pass but it's iffy. Possibly more if SB's finale explosion gets calced to a higher level.

-characters on Kimiko tier could potentially get 8-C too if the explosion that killed Crimson yields good values, or at least 9-A due to the vaporization of Crimson, in the best of cases we could get 8-C for the mid tiers and maybe even 8-B for the top ones.

(Why did Homelander's durability get updated yet his AP didn't?).

Last edited:
Isn't that calc just accounting for the tanks destruction, and not the massive collateral damage it does throughout a large portion of the plant?

Also not a spoiler because I won't go into specifics, but we get a very good reference shot of Soldier Boy's explosion, and it looks pretty massive. Possibely City Block Level.
Nah the calc was just using the tank as scaling for the entire area the blast would've hit based on the overhead shot

Nah the calc was just using the tank as scaling for the entire area the blast would've hit based on the overhead shot
Oh neat.
I'm working on the Soldier Boy calc, my only problem now is finding where each floor starts and ends in the reference shot given, but once I do, we'll be set. In case someone is trying to beat me there/do their own version of the calc, the average skyscraper floor height is 3.1 meters.

Source: Here you go.

Question, does that explosion scale to anybody else or does it scale to only itself i.e Soldier Boy's Laser will have its own separate AP rating?

Also, since I am here... would your calc replace what Skyggen has calc'd or is your calc only a supporting calc?
Depends on which is more accepted
Question, does that explosion scale to anybody else or does it scale to only itself i.e Soldier Boy's Laser will have its own separate AP rating?
Since Maeve survives it, anyone at her level or above would scale

If we we are talking about the last explosion he did, it should scale to Homelander, SB, Maeve, Butcher and Amped Starlight only imo.

Tis fine, youtube recommends has already spoiled me a few hours ago. And oof. Really hoping that Soldier Boy's explosion isn't too high, I got quite a few 8-C folks that I want Homelander to fight (cough MCU!Cap cough), so here's hoping.... would be funny tho if the TV show folks get stronger than their comic counterparts.

Tis fine, youtube recommends has already spoiled me a few hours ago. And oof. Really hoping that Soldier Boy's explosion isn't too high, I got quite a few 8-C folks that I want Homelander to fight (cough MCU!Cap cough), so here's hoping.... would be funny tho if the TV show folks get stronger than their comic counterparts.
I really hope we don't get 8C. I just find it to be one of the lamest tiers, also just by estimates, it's going to be well above that anyways.

I really hope we don't get 8C. I just find it to be one of the lamest tiers, also just by estimates, it's going to be well above that anyways.
I honestly want him 8-A so the series characters surpass their comic versions PLUS they get some respect along debaters and dont get treated like fodder xd

I honestly want him 8-A so the series characters surpass their comic versions PLUS they get some respect along debaters and dont get treated like fodder xd
Yeah. This calc is probably going to be 8B-8A. I just need to pinpoint where a floor starts and ends for reference.

Back