• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs The First Demon Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Swordsman Guts (Berserk) vs Yoriichi Tsugikuni (Demon Slayer)

• Speeds are equalized
  • Both are 8-A
  • Battle takes place in an open field with both 10 meters apart
  • Guts is already in Berserk Armor
Guts:

Yoriichi:

Last edited:
Yoriichi outskills hard. He'll use his precog and information analysis to come up with a combo on the spot that dismantles Guts.
Voting Yoriichi.

Guts is also an info analyzer, and has some pretty serious feats such as impressing a 300 year-old demon that had been constantly fighting and hadn't even been harmed by a human for a full century. Then went on to fight completely evenly with him a few years later, making him resort to an attempted cheap shot, no-dice it, then wound him and force him to transform. No way is he getting "outskilled hard"

This is a 7 years old Yoriichi literally the first time he held a sword...

He refused to hold a sword after that until he became an adult, but it is stated that even as a child his skill with a sword surpasses everyone around him without him putting effort (even sword masters he met years later) even though he is extremely disinterested with swords and dislikes them.

He hard outskills a martial artist and a swordsman demons who are dedicated to improving their skills and who lived for more than 400 hundreds years, and who have precog.

Yoriichi has even more impressive skill feats, but it seems to me that what I mentioned here is enough to hard outskill Guts.

This is a 7 years old Yoriichi literally the first time he held a sword...

He refused to hold a sword after that until he became an adult, but it is stated that even as a child his skill with a sword surpasses everyone around him without him putting effort (even sword masters he met years later) even though he is extremely disinterested with swords and dislikes them.

He hard outskills a martial artist and a swordsman demons who are dedicated to improving their skills and who lived for more than 400 hundreds years, and who have precog.

Yoriichi has even more impressive skill feats, but it seems to me that what I mentioned here is enough to hard outskill Guts.

Golden Age Guts inconned Sasaki Kojiro, who is equal to Miyamoto Musashi, who did the same thing, albeit a few years older and actually killed the guy he fought. And to correct what I said, Zodd, the demon Guts impressed, was actually unscathed for 300 hundred years, I looked it up again and found out I misremembered. In addition, 300 years is a lowball for Zodd's age, as he's the rival to Skull Knight, who has been alive and fighting on presumably a very frequent basis for 1000 years, and before that was an emperor who came to power by conquest, and was implied in a few panels to lead his army from the front. Disregarding that scaling chain that Guts is already somewhat partaking in as just a 9-B before joining it proper as an 8-A, Guts started his training a year earlier than Yoriichi, killed his first opponent at age 9 (even earlier than Musashi, albeit unlike Yoriichi and Musashi it wasn't a stomp), quickly became accustomed to fighting to the death, and started killing frontline generals at age 10 or 11, which was a habit he retained for his entire mercenary career, with each one generally being more powerful and skilled than the last, with the ones that weren't just getting stomped.

Don't scale characters from different series to each other xD

Yoriichi does have an advantage, but not a massive one. But their styles are much different so I don't know how they will interact.

Yoriichi's style is a scalpel as opposed to Guts' sledgehammer fighting style. Yoriichi scales way above anyone in Kimetsu no Yaiba ever, but Guts is infamous for being hard to kill and being in Berserker armor boosts him to an unnatural degree. Of course we never see Yoriichi ever get caught off-guard except maybe when Muzan was able to escape at his mercy.

The way I see it playing out is Yoriichi skillfully exploiting Guts' openings but Guts also landing a few close hits as well since he's absolutely relentless with his attack regardless of injury. If what the series implies about the Berserker Armor is true, Guts should definitely have a stamina and durability advantage by virtue of just being harder to put down.

For all I know, it may be an incon simply because Yoriichi might not be able to kill Guts in time, but Guts dies anyway from expending himself too much.

That soul based anti regen should turn this into guts favor by a lot too

Last edited:
I mean does Guts have an information analysis, precog, and skill feat comparable to this?
wGpOXsg.png
Ot5DTNe.png

After analyzing his opponent's body (who he praised the speed of), he custom-made a twelve-part combo that flows like a dance on the spot, which his opponent couldn't defend against.

One of the techniques involves creating an afterimage that tricks sight regardless of how good it is, and it is proven to work even when the opponent is significantly faster:
hRO3PUZ.jpg
GjUf9g6.jpg
sRj5Kco.png
imBnD16.png

He can also significantly amp his speed using Thunder Breathing, which he invented. Which gives him even more versatility.

That soul based anti regen should turn this into guts favor by a lot too
Unlike demons, Yoriichi doesn't depend on regen and will avoid getting hit whenever possible. He has two anti-regens of his own as well; Sun Breathing and the Red Nichirin Sword . The latter being damage over time, as they cause burning wounds on the cellular level that can continously burn for hundreds of years.

Yoriichi's combat ability and swordsmanship is above guts as espite never holding a sword before, he effortlessly defeated a sword instructor as a child. After training as a Demon Slayer, he was so vastly superior to his child self that there was no comparison between them

An example of this is when muzan(179cm) exploded himself into 1800 peices making each peice on average smaller than 0.1cm yet yoriichi was still able to cut 1500 in a second

He also the Transparent World which allows him to see every single move guts makes, and this also makes his vision/perception time faster. Seeing the world in slow motion, and giving him plenty of time to react to any of attacks. He can see the contractions of muscles, the expansion of lungs, blood flow, and movement of joints. All of which he uses to casually predict his opponents moves as well as Selfless State where he completely erases their presence from the battlefield, completely getting rid of his fighting spirit/will to fight, bloodlust, anger, hatred, malevolence, drive and animosity. This is extremely effective against people who rely on various forms of extrasensory perception to detect malice, aura or fighting spirit.

Yoriichi is unpredictability and guts wouldn't be able to sens or predict him, he is also far more skilled than guts and has a way higher battle iq as suggested when he custom made a technique specifically for muzan the second he met him as well as more versatility since he can make use of all the Breathing Techniques

He is considerably faster than guts as well so don't see how guts can win here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back