• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Batman who Laughs AP/Dura

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
He's 8-C+ for fighting with Batman and Joker, and being identical to him, yet, issue, Batman is 9-B, obviously, this makes **** all of sense.

He might have some 8-C stuff, but the profile isn't using that as the justification, if he does, link that, (which would in turn make Joker and Batman 8-C, meaning they'd need to be changed, not him) if not, he'd need to be moved down to 9-B as that's what Batman and Joker are listed as and being scaled to (Talon and explosion calcs if memory serves).

And I'm going to assume he doesn't have any 8-C stuff and it's just outdated.

Of course, if someone DOES have any better feats they could scale to that we could calc, in order to avoid downgrading him and instead upgrading Bats and Joker, even if just a tad, that'd be preferred, but in the case nothing comes up, yeah, downgrade his ass to 9-B, he's scaling to 8-C+ via 9-B lads.

That or maybe I'm missing something and Batman in that particular fight and arc is 8-C? If I'm missing something that's fine as well, consider this a question thread in that case.

Yeah figured as much.
I̵f̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵o̵n̵e̵ ̵h̵a̵s̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵ ̵o̵t̵h̵e̵r̵ ̵f̵e̵a̵t̵s̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵c̵a̵l̵c̵ ̵t̵h̵o̵u̵g̵h̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵'̵d̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵p̵r̵e̵f̵e̵r̵r̵e̵d̵.̵ ̵

Likely in the realm of 8-C for soil pulv (I was gonna say 9-A, but it's deep as ****).
Probably some stupid shit like 8-A if not 7-C though if that's vaporization of soil.

Any reason why you think that'd scale tho? Lex was amped there. (Latter would be a hardcore outlier, former we'd need a bit extra support first but it'd at least be worth looking into for the sake of it).

Its base Lex, he just got his powers stripped

I'll ask someone to calc. It might not be an outlier because they got stronger over time, and does batman or BWL scale to base lex after Justice League: Hell Arisen #4?

You know what, you're actually right, he was stripped of his power and then tossed, assuming that's an impact crater, that'd would, in theory, scale to his durability assuming that's actually what happened.
Unless I'm missing something and he was amped in other ways still, he was only partially stripped of power, or something.
As I'm pretty sure Bats does indeed scale to base Lex.

Of course if he was 100% basic human again and we run the issue of it still being an outlier (if it's vape it 100% is an outlier no questions asked. Soil pulv is far less insane, but it'd still be like a whole few magnitudes above 9-B, we'd need a bit more first before we accept such a huge jump).

You know what, you're actually right, he was stripped of his power and then tossed, assuming that's an impact crater, that'd would, in theory, scale to his durability assuming that's actually what happened.
Unless I'm missing something and he was amped in other ways still, he was only partially stripped of power, or something.

Of course if he was 100% basic human again and we run the issue of it still being an outlier (if it's vape it 100% is an outlier no questions asked. Soil pulv is far less insane, but it'd still be like a whole few magnitudes above 9-B, we'd need a bit more first before we accept such a huge jump).
Doesn't look like vape, no lava bits (Vape feat would leave a smooth, uniform crater, this isn't it). Heck, I'd say even melting is too iffy to accept. Pulv. AKA compressive strength is most likely the best to go with since it's an impact crater pressing in the ground. Assume a half-ellipsoid for the volume.

Worst comes to worst, I saw some rock fragments near the woman, not sure how that'd affect the results tho.

He's 8-C+ for fighting with Batman and Joker, and being identical to him, yet, issue, Batman is 9-B, obviously, this makes **** all of sense.

He might have some 8-C stuff, but the profile isn't using that as the justification, if he does, link that, (which would in turn make Joker and Batman 8-C, meaning they'd need to be changed, not him) if not, he'd need to be moved down to 9-B as that's what Batman and Joker are listed as and being scaled to (Talon and explosion calcs if memory serves).

And I'm going to assume he doesn't have any 8-C stuff and it's just outdated.

Of course, if someone DOES have any better feats they could scale to that we could calc, in order to avoid downgrading him and instead upgrading Bats and Joker, even if just a tad, that'd be preferred, but in the case nothing comes up, yeah, downgrade his ass to 9-B, he's scaling to 8-C+ via 9-B lads.

That or maybe I'm missing something and Batman in that particular fight and arc is 8-C? If I'm missing something that's fine as well, consider this a question thread in that case.
Weird that the other profiles had the downgrade carried out smoothly but this somehow got left out. Possibly due to the Tier 2/1 status I suppose.

Not an outlier, they could have just gotten stronger

BWL's non powered section is terrible just like him. So not surprised. But yeah, downgrading him makes sense.

Not an outlier, they could have just gotten stronger
We'd be looking at like, based on the current highest calc for Bats, a 542.5818213386578696x increase, assuming it's just baseline 8-C, it could be very well much higher.
Vape would be like a few million times.

We'd need some extra supporting feats to confirm consistency first, I don't doubt they have some 9-A stuff laying around at least 9̵-̵A̵ ̵w̵o̵u̵l̵d̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵b̵a̵s̵e̵d̵ ̵t̵b̵h̵, but even then, it'd still be a hefty jump.
just like him

I̵ ̵a̵c̵t̵u̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵b̵l̵a̵m̵e̵ ̵D̵C̵ ̵m̵i̵l̵k̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵h̵i̵m̵ ̵s̵o̵ ̵h̵a̵r̵d̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵

Yeah. And now they got Batwoman who laughs. What's next, batmobile which laughs?

Jokes aside, King, I think you really really need to stop pushing for upgrades in each thread. The premise of the thread is to fix this problem, let that problem be fixed. If you have issues with scaling, I recommend you take some time, gather evidence and bump up the tiers all at once. There is a big scaling chain and the stuff you bring here will affect everything.

If you have issues with scaling, I recommend you take some time, gather evidence and bump up the tiers all at once. There is a big scaling chain and the stuff you bring here will affect everything.

I mean I get where he's coming from, best to check for alternatives first before downgrading, given it's legit at least, but obviously it has to have some degree of consistency, especially given what we're dealing with.
I don't doubt they have 9-B+ to even some 9-A stuff (hence why I asked if anyone had stuff to calc), but hundreds to a thousand times (if not millions if vaporization) jump off one stray feat is a bit much without a good degree of support, so I'd agree with you there.

>And now they got Batwoman who laughs.
S̵a̵y̵ ̵s̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵r̵i̵g̵h̵t̵ ̵n̵o̵w̵.̵ ̵

Oh definitely, the alternative is much better. But unfortunately it's comics, finding the middle ground between highs and laws is hard. Unless we do what we are doing with the herlads for everyone, that would be the easy out tho.

Also I wish

Eh, I planned on doing some Batman stuff sometime next month given I'll be away for a bit, was planning on doing DCAU A̵n̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵D̵a̵r̵k̵ ̵K̵n̵i̵g̵h̵t̵ ̵m̵o̵v̵i̵e̵s̵,̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵r̵e̵'̵s̵ ̵l̵i̵t̵e̵r̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵0̵ ̵c̵a̵l̵c̵s̵,̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵r̵a̵t̵i̵n̵g̵s̵ ̵f̵o̵r̵ ̵s̵a̵i̵d̵ ̵c̵a̵l̵c̵l̵e̵s̵s̵ ̵f̵e̵a̵t̵s̵ ̵a̵ ̵b̵i̵t̵ ̵g̵e̵n̵e̵r̵o̵u̵s̵, but maybe I can add new 52 comics to the to read list.

Yeah. And now they got Batwoman who laughs. What's next, batmobile which laughs?

Jokes aside, King, I think you really really need to stop pushing for upgrades in each thread. The premise of the thread is to fix this problem, let that problem be fixed. If you have issues with scaling, I recommend you take some time, gather evidence and bump up the tiers all at once. There is a big scaling chain and the stuff you bring here will affect everything.
This CRT was pretty simple so I wanted to ask him if he thought it would be relevant

Anyways, if we got no other feats, then the downgrade should be applied. Its technically already accepted, his page just wasn't unlocked

Yeah tier 1 (and controversial) pages are locked by default. Most of them get vandalised to higher or lower tiers often if left unlocked

Well, if someone wants to change 8-C+ to 9-B go ahead I guess (I'd do it but locked due to Tier 1), it is technically already accepted, this was just pointing out it was forgotten I guess.

That's all that needs to be changed fyi (well not really, he could do with some clean up and fleshing out but that ain't the purpose here), nothing else needs to tweaked in regards to his justifications, it's just a quick tier and class swap.
(As well as category change).

>And now they got Batwoman who laughs.
S̵a̵y̵ ̵s̵i̵k̵e̵ ̵r̵i̵g̵h̵t̵ ̵n̵o̵w̵.̵ ̵
DC comics moment. Just get ready for the robin who's laughin', the red hood who's in a good mood and the cassandra cain who's still kind of a pain

Anyway yeah downgrade is obviously fine. While you're at it add this category to him when he's unlocked.

Double checking if anything else is outdated as well, he actually needs his speed changed too, up to MHS, which is technically an upgrade so it ain't all bad.

I don't doubt they have 9-B+ to even some 9-A stuff (hence why I asked if anyone had stuff to calc), but hundreds to a thousand times (if not millions if vaporization) jump off one stray feat is a bit much without a good degree of support, so I'd agree with you there.
Like I said, can't use vaporization here. Vaporization requires a shit-ton of evidence to assume, plus the crater has to be smooth and needs to have some remnants of lava for further support.. At best you can assume a mixture of both soil pulverization and rock fragmentation/

I mean, I ain't saying it is vape, that's the upper extreme, I've stated pulv like a dozen times here.

Running some numbers on the Lex feat gets 9-A to 8-C like I figured, using soil pulv, might be worth calculating properly.

No real way to figure out how much rock was fragged without assuming some arbitrary number, could be a lot, could be next to nothing, unless there's like some sort of research done on that to figure out an average dirt-rock ratio?

No real way to figure out how much rock was fragged without assuming some arbitrary number, could be a lot, could be next to nothing, unless there's like some sort of research done on that to figure out an average dirt-rock ratio?
Use 10% rock as an assumption then? The chunks did look big in comparison to the woman.

Probably not fully pertinent to the discussion, especially without further AP feats.

Of course, at this point he's still gonna be downgraded, one random feat like a few hundred times above the current calc won't change that.
But in case more feats are found down the line, may as well have it done, in case corroborating stuff is found.
I̵ ̵s̵a̵y̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵s̵ ̵w̵h̵i̵l̵e̵ ̵h̵a̵v̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵z̵e̵r̵o̵ ̵i̵n̵t̵e̵n̵t̵i̵o̵n̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵a̵c̵t̵u̵a̵l̵l̵y̵ ̵c̵a̵l̵c̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵i̵t̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵t̵i̵m̵e̵ ̵s̵o̵o̵n̵ ̵b̵e̵y̵o̵n̵d̵ ̵r̵o̵u̵g̵h̵ ̵h̵a̵l̵f̵ ̵a̵s̵s̵e̵d̵ ̵n̵u̵m̵b̵e̵r̵s̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵a̵ ̵s̵h̵i̵t̵t̵y̵ ̵a̵n̵g̵s̵i̵z̵e̵ ̵t̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵i̵ ̵d̵i̵d̵

Has somebody applied what was accepted by our staff above yet?

Back