• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Assassinorum targets a killer cartoon character

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has multiple forms of matter-destroying bullets, so...probably?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I don't even have an opinion yet, but this seems like a fight I could actually see on the pages of a The Mask comic.
So I'm not the only one who thought that much? Nice.

Schnee One said:
Can Vindicare beat its regen?
Two of its three primary types of ammunition definitely can't, no. Shell Breaker and Turbo-penetrator rounds could definitely blow off Big Head's...head, but that wouldn't be enough to actually put him down. Maybe if the assassin rapidly tried to obliterate Big Head's entire body with them, but it depends on how quickly it'd come to that conclusion.

It would definitely be a matter of if Hellfire rounds are actually effective enough, in my opinion.

[after pulling up a chair]

What kinds of feats do the Hellfire rounds have?

Alright, so quick explanation text from last edition's Assassin codex:

"Hellfire shells are loaded with a wide cocktail of acids, each keyed to maximum lethality against the Imperium's corporeal foes. More potent even than the equivalents used by the superhuman warriors of the Adeptus Astartes, these horrible concoctions can chew away the chitin of even a Tyranid commander-organism until there is nothing left but smoking black gunk."

So they're designed to be the most effective round against corporeal enemies, and contain a cocktail of shit potent enough to reduce a high-ranking Tyranid to a pile of smoking black matter. Presumably, said matter is also useless to other Tyranids, who normally harvest their dead (and all bio-matter, actually), since I'd imagine the remaining matter still contains the concoction that reduced it to that state, in the first place. I'll look for other descriptions and feats as well, but this was the most notable one I remembered off the top of my head.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What's even that about Vindicares waiting for years to shoot?
"The Vindicare temple is given a kill order to take out the predatory Dark Eldar pilot known as the Skyknife. Knowing that to enter Commorragh would be to court almost certain failure, the Vindicare Assassin Dejedris Garamach determines the site of a previous sighting of the Skyknife's Razorwing Jetfighter. He mounts his vigil in the eye socket of the Threndian Colossus, subsisting on moss and the raw flesh of the birds that use the statue as its nest whilst never taking his eyes from the sky. Six years later, his vigil is rewarded when the Skyknife appears from midair in a flash of azure light. Within a half-second of its appearance Garamach puts a turbo-penetrator round into the cockpit, killing the pilot instantly."

This is so unrealistically high-end I can't even. Shadowsun is noted as waiting weeks on spot to snipe a target and that's considered super impressive.

It really is, though your average Vindicare is noted as potentially waiting months for one shot.

That Vindicare in particular was an e p i c g a m e r .

On another note...

Those Hellfire rounds are ridiculous. If that much damage comes from one shot, then they might be able to kill Mask permanently even with his regen and Toon abilities. (Although his regen is explicitly faster-acting in this key than it is in his 9-B/9-A form)

Yeah, definitely depends on how fast acting Hellfire rounds actually are.

I'm sure there are examples of that, but that's something I'd definitely have to look up.

@MrKing

I guess the Vindicare if his Hellfire rounds are fast enough to overcome Big Head's regen. Considering BH is a physical (albeit really weird) enemy, I'd assume he'd probably start with them, if not switch into them extremely quickly. Toon force might make them a bit harder to land, but every Vindicare is pretty much a supernaturally gifted shot.

Well...

This is about how fast High 8-C Big Head's regen is. If it can outpace that, then yeah.

I'll count the vote for now, anyway.

Not even the most ridiculous Vindicare feat, when you think about it. Kell somehow surived his failed attempt to kill Horus and lived on the ship for a few years, and a Vindicare somehow stalled an Eldar party including warlocks and shit.

Considering the whole "microscopic needles" bit of the Hellfires, I could see them getting past regen. I'll got Vindicare FRA, as of now.

Or...maybe I don't even need to call them in. Lmao

Grace starts now.

I can add this in a bit. For now, I'll close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back