• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus General Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

We know theodore can sometimes be exaggerated and according to his wife "make things into a greek tragedy"
Well, doesn't explain who Peggy was, but yeah, there definitely could be some exaggeration at play, even if some of what he says being true. Like the drag down into Hell part being true.
& he did apparently actually shoot his wife in his paranoia.
Although, he seems to control it, based on him starting the tape anew to narrate what it'd do after it's narrated?

-[shrieks]
[Kinger shoots the monster.]
-[Kinger]: Well. That wasn't so bad.
-[Mildenhall]: Which is what I would be saying if I didn't know that the creature was actually one of God's angels.

It's weird. Previously, the tapes had been narrating Theodore's own perspective, but here, he switches to speaking as though he was Kinger. Suggesting that Theodore's actions are meant to be that of the acting party (the protagonist's??) in this adventure? Like a video game where part of the mystery is the protagonist's own identity, no?

-[Kinger]: What.
-[Mildenhall]: And anyone who brings harm to it will be dragged down into the cold, spiraling pits of Hell, where my soul resides. I apologize, dear listener, but I need a living host in order to escape the hall of the damned, and your bodies will be my only means of doing so.
-[Kinger]: Now, wait. How did he record this if he was in Hell?

& he claimed to have shot it & it got up, which seems supported by how it looks like some of the creature's eyes are moving while it's on the ground. Was Theodore possessing it or something?

-[Mildenhall]: [over speakers] Tuesday, December 4th. Although I had shot the creature multiple times in its vitals and severed its head to keep as a prize on my wall…
my troubles were just beginning. I took my eyes off the body for what felt like only a minute, and when I looked back, the body was gone. The creature was not dead, and it would be back to reclaim what I'd taken from it. If anyone is listening to this, all I ask of you is one thing -- do not let the head out of your sight. You have been warned.
-[Kinger]: Well, this is some rather inconvenient lore placement.

Another case of Theodore's lore being contradictory with the angel stuff.

Oh, & Kinger seems to have a skill feat, where he caught a fly in the dark with his hands.
I wonder if he's more skilled in the dark, given he did well with the gun, & also his stuff about his memory being better in the dark due to his memory of his wife?

Another oddity: Kinger becomes entranced when looking into the rippling void of the monster's mouth.
But Caine said he couldn't control their minds, so why would his creations be able to?
Was there some illusion while it was off-camera?

Caine calls himself a war criminal after stating any torture inflicted on his "guests" is 100% accidental. Curious.

Thinking on it, maybe the message for completing the "PACIFIST ROUTE" that plays when they try to leave is just pre set-up, & checks for who's there or who's done what, as opposed to Caine sensing it?
Still, he has his watch-looking showing for sensing it, so it could be both that he set up a "check"/"flag" & has an ability to detect when they're done.

As alluded to by Theodore's dialogue, where Kinger & Pomni end up is called Hall of the Damned. (The writing on the stone isn't very clear at lower video qualities, IMHO.)
That suggests Theodore was actually down there, not where his corpse was, but where the hands dragged them to??

Kinger said 17 (thought in the spanish versión he said 4)
He in fact, said seven, at least in the English version. Time stamp 17:57

Although it's bizarre & annoying that he said 4 in the Spanish version.
Is it due to phonetic timing or something? But there's no lip flaps.... Or is it just meant to be a throwaway line, & Kinger's computer science background has no relevance? If so, ARGH.

Anyway....
Perhaps it's just mood light for cinematics, but abstracted Kinger's wife seems to illuminate the inside of the pillow fort with changing hues. Light manipulation? IDK if it applies to other Abstracted, though. It was a plot point that Abstracted was being different in those circumstances, due to the darkness.

If he didn't have it already, Caine has an elasticity feat, where, when he deems it time to end the therapy session, he extends his arm to reach & grab his top hat from atop Bubble's head/body.

Anyone else wondering if it'll be worth sorting out Theodore's mess of a narrative, circumstances & abilities? Might be some good stuff in there for the monster.

Well, doesn't explain who Peggy was, but yeah, there definitely could be some exaggeration at play, even if some of what he says being true. Like the drag down into Hell part being true.
& he did apparently actually shoot his wife in his paranoia.
Although, he seems to control it, based on him starting the tape anew to narrate what it'd do after it's narrated?

-[shrieks]
[Kinger shoots the monster.]
-[Kinger]: Well. That wasn't so bad.
-[Mildenhall]: Which is what I would be saying if I didn't know that the creature was actually one of God's angels.

It's weird. Previously, the tapes had been narrating Theodore's own perspective, but here, he switches to speaking as though he was Kinger. Suggesting that Theodore's actions are meant to be that of the acting party (the protagonist's??) in this adventure? Like a video game where part of the mystery is the protagonist's own identity, no?

-[Kinger]: What.
-[Mildenhall]: And anyone who brings harm to it will be dragged down into the cold, spiraling pits of Hell, where my soul resides. I apologize, dear listener, but I need a living host in order to escape the hall of the damned, and your bodies will be my only means of doing so.
-[Kinger]: Now, wait. How did he record this if he was in Hell?

& he claimed to have shot it & it got up, which seems supported by how it looks like some of the creature's eyes are moving while it's on the ground. Was Theodore possessing it or something?

-[Mildenhall]: [over speakers] Tuesday, December 4th. Although I had shot the creature multiple times in its vitals and severed its head to keep as a prize on my wall…
my troubles were just beginning. I took my eyes off the body for what felt like only a minute, and when I looked back, the body was gone. The creature was not dead, and it would be back to reclaim what I'd taken from it. If anyone is listening to this, all I ask of you is one thing -- do not let the head out of your sight. You have been warned.
-[Kinger]: Well, this is some rather inconvenient lore placement.

Another case of Theodore's lore being contradictory with the angel stuff.

Oh, & Kinger seems to have a skill feat, where he caught a fly in the dark with his hands.
I wonder if he's more skilled in the dark, given he did well with the gun, & also his stuff about his memory being better in the dark due to his memory of his wife?

Another oddity: Kinger becomes entranced when looking into the rippling void of the monster's mouth.
But Caine said he couldn't control their minds, so why would his creations be able to?
Was there some illusion while it was off-camera?

Caine calls himself a war criminal after stating any torture inflicted on his "guests" is 100% accidental. Curious.

Thinking on it, maybe the message for completing the "PACIFIST ROUTE" that plays when they try to leave is just pre set-up, & checks for who's there or who's done what, as opposed to Caine sensing it?
Still, he has his watch-looking showing for sensing it, so it could be both that he set up a "check"/"flag" & has an ability to detect when they're done.

As alluded to by Theodore's dialogue, where Kinger & Pomni end up is called Hall of the Damned. (The writing on the stone isn't very clear at lower video qualities, IMHO.)
That suggests Theodore was actually down there, not where his corpse was, but where the hands dragged them to??

He in fact, said seven, at least in the English version. Time stamp 17:57

Although it's bizarre & annoying that he said 4 in the Spanish version.
Is it due to phonetic timing or something? But there's no lip flaps.... Or is it just meant to be a throwaway line, & Kinger's computer science background has no relevance? If so, ARGH.

Anyway....
Perhaps it's just mood light for cinematics, but abstracted Kinger's wife seems to illuminate the inside of the pillow fort with changing hues. Light manipulation? IDK if it applies to other Abstracted, though. It was a plot point that Abstracted was being different in those circumstances, due to the darkness.

If he didn't have it already, Caine has an elasticity feat, where, when he deems it time to end the therapy session, he extends his arm to reach & grab his top hat from atop Bubble's head/body.

Anyone else wondering if it'll be worth sorting out Theodore's mess of a narrative, circumstances & abilities? Might be some good stuff in there for the monster.
I also notice that Kinger hands can have alot of range, like he grabed possesed Pomni while he was outside

My genuine, honest, unfiltered reaction if Kinger ever Abstracts:

ac1f9feeebf87e2f745f3b6ee279fbe5.jpg

Back