• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Afterlife of SCP

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Now that SCP is gone, what remains to be done?

Similar Verses
There exist other collaborative fiction verses with near identical situations to SCP (the one I'm aware of is the RPC Authority, a direct knock-off of the late verse, and I feel certain there are others with similar setups). As SCP was banned in part due to a philosophy regarding its structure, it seems relevant to discuss the fate of these verses. To my knowledge, no other verse has experienced the corrupting influence of VSBW in the way that SCP did, but that comes with a fairly significant "yet". As they have the same structure as SCP, they can very much be influenced in the exact same ways. In fact, it may be that due to their smaller size, it may be outright easier to influence them towards powerscaling.

It is my position that a general rule regarding collaborative fiction verses be written, then, that disallows them- thus disallowing RPC Authority and other verses that are genuinely similar.

Final Cleanup
There exist some inevitable fragments of SCP's presence still littered about the wiki. Blogs and so on have already been discussed and are fine to remain on the wiki- they are the proprty of their authors and we have no need to cleanse them. Notably, SCP is still featured on our "Popular Fictions" section in the Featured Pages tab. Any other remnants of SCP ought to be directed to this thread to be removed, as the sweeping nature of the SCP deletions may have left other bits of detritus about.

Anything Else
My mind is unfortunately not omniscient yet, and therefore cannot conjure a preemptive response to all matters relating to the SCP Foundation's deletion from VSBW. Therefore, if there are any other concerns or questions, they should be brought up.

This is still a Staff Discussion thread, and therefore normal users require permission to post here. I will immediately give Smashor and Hl3 or Bust permission inasmuch as I can do so (which is 3 posts), since they are the normal users most related to SCP as a verse.

Last edited:
Similar Verses
There exist other collaborative fiction verses with near identical situations to SCP (the one I'm aware of is the RPC Authority, a direct knock-off of the late verse, and I feel certain there are others with similar setups). As SCP was banned in part due to a philosophy regarding its structure, it seems relevant to discuss the fate of these verses. To my knowledge, no other verse has experienced the corrupting influence of VSBW in the way that SCP did, but that comes with a fairly significant "yet". As they have the same structure as SCP, they can very much be influenced in the exact same ways. In fact, it may be that due to their smaller size, it may be outright easier to influence them towards powerscaling.

It is my position that a general rule regarding collaborative fiction verses be written, then, that disallows them- thus disallowing RPC Authority and other verses that are genuinely similar.
Yah if SCP is nuked idk why RPC would be any different, it's literally that one Bender joke but with SCP
Final Cleanup
There exist some inevitable fragments of SCP's presence still littered about the wiki. Blogs and so on have already been discussed and are fine to remain on the wiki- they are the proprty of their authors and we have no need to cleanse them. Notably, SCP is still featured on our "Popular Fictions" section in the Featured Pages tab. Any other remnants of SCP ought to be directed to this thread to be removed, as the sweeping nature of the SCP deletions may have left other bits of detritus about.
We should get to it yah

I have almost no real attachment to SCP beside the younger me liking it when it was "the cool internet thing".

I'll premise the following post by saying that the story I'll talk about is, as far as I'm aware, not on the wiki right now.

However, I remember Mr. Bambu answering someone on his wall talking about "Iris Through The Looking Glass" and explaining to said person that it shouldn't be allowed here. As you can see, it's a light novel that uses SCPs and the content of the "lore" that pertains to SCP as a whole. (The foundation, characters, hierarchy between individuals). However, Akira, the author of this light Novel, uses ONLY the reports that were present in the "OG SCP" (aka, before it was wanked to high heaven).

An example I can give is Iris (SCP-105) herself. She only has the abilities that were present within the report I linked from what I recall, alongside a newly "fleshed out" personality that is merely an interpretation of the author.

Another example would be the Vending Machine (SCP-294). That machine gives you whatever liquid you asked for. It's used the same way inside the LN. That's it.

I could go on and on. But while "SCP content should be prohibited", I think, in this particular case, it should be able to exist as it is relatively harmless.

However, I'm only advocating for THE LIGHT NOVEL written by Akira, whatever THIS IS, is irrelevant here.

I can give more information or scan if needed, but I'm quite rusty since the last time I read it was a few years back.

Edit : I have permission by Mr.Bambu.

Last edited:
Fanfiction of a verse that itself isn't allowed is an interesting concept. Personally I'm against it, moreso citing the fanfiction element than anything else, although I suppose we can wait to hear from others.

Just a note that I have removed the link to our old SCP page from our wiki's navigation bar. 🙏

And I do not mind if the RPC Authority is also removed from our wiki.

Fanfiction of a verse that itself isn't allowed is an interesting concept. Personally I'm against it, moreso citing the fanfiction element than anything else, although I suppose we can wait to hear from others.
I also do not think that we should allow fanfiction based on collaborative/incoherent Internet fiction.

Works involving SCP that aren't a part of the main site should presumably go to FC/OC wiki, as they have in the past with the many derivative video games.

In a more interesting topic, there's two potential mitigating factors I can think of for collaborative webfiction.

If it's a subset of canon endorsed and vetted by a larger organisation that ordinarily qualifies for the wiki: I remember hearing a while back that TES had some forum RPs between creators and fans that were enshrined in canon. I don't remember more than that anecdote, maybe it was made up or exaggerated to some extent, but if so I think that has a good argument to be allowed, since the risk of them being "influenced" as Bambu fears is mitigated.

If it's no longer being updated: In the last thread I mentioned The Holders. tl;dr it originated in a similar way to SCP, as short stories posted on 4chan's /x/ board, before being ported to its own website. But it had a particularly striking divergence in that, originally, they claimed a limited number of objects obtained from the holders (538). While some people did try to push the boundaries once the first 538 slots were filled, things very quickly died off. Since then, that wiki went for almost a decade only getting a few small grammatical errors, and then went online, but has been fully backed up elsewhere. As such, the risk of them being "influenced" as Bambu fears is gone.

On the case brought up by the OP (RPC), I don't really care either way what we do with it.

That reminds me, what about that Instant Death isekai? Technically that would fall under the umbrella since the creator literally takes submissions of OCs to see about having the protagonist, Tadano, kill them.

Sounds problematic from that description, but could you provide further intel on it?

Eh, that shouldn't be a problem for Instant Death. Ultimately, the writer is still the one solely working on it as he's the one writing the story regardless of who these characters are so it is collaborative only in that it allows fan input. Plus, the heart of the rule is to avoid people abusing our system to get verses higher, and there's already plenty in place to prevent users here from abusing the system, the biggest being the language barrier that prevents most users from properly interacting with the author in the first place.

Back