• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both are 8-A.

National Competition Arc Mori And Pre Timeskip Mu-Won is Used.

Speed is Equalized.

Mori Jin:

n8mmftfzdzu51.jpg

Jin Mu-Won:

34re2a3cv5461.png

Inconclusive:

Ah hell nah, Pre-Timeskip Jin sucks massive dick especially since its manhwa 🗿 Tae-Mu-Kang might unironically win against this version of Mori despite him being 8-B, but whatev.

Jin can't do anything against Power mimicry at the moment, although I ain't sure if Mori can learn his martial arts, since it was described as incredibly hard to the point that even memorizing all of it was considered an impossible feat, let alone practicing it.

Jin has ~4x ap advantage before Mori uses his 8x amp, to which he will be at the 2x disadvantage if Mori uses it.

Anyways, haven't really read GoH yet (Except for some stuff, and know a lot of his dick-sucking skill feats), but can Mori counter Jin's omnidirectional sensing which scales > people who can read your next moves via twitch of your muscles and gaze?

We aren't given much explanation in the manhwa, but in the novel:

"He could feel Tae Mu-Kang’s angry gaze like needles on his skin. He could hear the giant’s breath like thunder in his ears. Every little vibration was transmitted to his skin through the air and the ground.

It was often said that after a warrior has acquired a certain amount of fighting experience, they’d gain an ability known as “Perception”. This ability allowed them to perceive their opponents’ next move by observing the direction of their gazes and the twitching of their muscles.

However, Jin Mu-Won felt that what he was currently experiencing was not the normal kind of “Perception”, but rather, an actual sensory enhancement. He was so sensitive to his environment that no change, no matter how small, could escape his notice."
They are the same ability, iirc, although the novel is stronger. Not sure if we could use the whole > stronger than normal analytical prediction, since only the novel stated it. Although there are cases where we can simply merge novel and manhwa scenes if there isn't a contradiction.

We aren't given much explanation in the manhwa, but in the novel:

They are the same ability, iirc, although the novel is stronger. Not sure if we could use the whole > stronger than normal analytical prediction, since only the novel stated it. Although there are cases where we can simply merge novel and manhwa scenes if there isn't a contradiction.
I wanna ask something so his senses doesn't just sense the movements of the enemy but everything happening around him? Like for example the movement of leaf blowing away from the trees etc. and also how far can he sense?

I wanna ask something so his senses doesn't just sense the movements of the enemy but everything happening around him? Like for example the movement of leaf blowing away from the trees etc. and also how far can he sense?
We don't exactly know how far he can sense (I'm sure there's a feat of it somewhere in the novel, its just been quite a while since I read it due to slow updates), but its at least hundreds of meters, and yes, everything. Hell, even his normal senses before he gained this ability can do that.

Aight imma reread the his fight against Ilpyo when i have time, energy and if i'm not lazy. And try to create a understandable argument for it.

I won't be surprised if Mori won this tbh, which sucks since there are quite a few other characters than Jin defeated in the novel that could probably kill Mori despite being, like, a hundred times weaker.

That reminds me, for a future match, how good is Mori against dura neg that bursts your heart, and Qi absorption??

Bumping this so it won't be harder to find when i have a time and just in case if someone else want to argue to Mori in my stead. Because i'm really lazy rn and busy.

Ah.

Well, I don't see why Mori would be unable to replicate Jin's Martial Arts. He's replicated and practices Renewal Taekwondo, a Martial Art that was so hard to perform for normal Martial Artists that most, quite literally, destroyed their bodies from using it.

Though since the Gathering of Ten Thousand Shadows uses a sword, and requires a special kind of Qi to perform it's techniques properly, something Mori wouldn't have, there would be 0 point in him attempting to replicate it.

Uh, where were we in this debate?

What were Mori's wincons? I believe I already commented on Jin's analytical prediction (Which isn't explained a lot in the manhwa but is explained what it does in the novel) and I think that's it?

We never really had a debate, so nobody's wincons were really detailed-

But uh, on the analytical prediction part, Mori should honestly resist analytical prediction that works through muscle movements via "Gaksu".

Would take me a bit to find the scans, but, Gaksu, when used by Ilpyo, allowed him to resist Mori's base analytical prediction which works through contact muscle movements, and Mori copied that and negated his resistance.

Ain't exactly sure if it's entirely based on muscle movements.

The thing is, it isn't described as simple muscle movements, that was called "Perception". Jin stated that this wasn't a simple kind of "Perception" but that it was an actual sensory enhancement and specifically stated that in his environment "no change, no matter how small, can escape his notice."

Even stating that it was apparently like the whole area was his entire domain (God I wish the manhwa just explained this stuff, would've been much cooler)

Still, not sure if this is enough against Mori, or his analytical prediction.

Last edited:
That's pretty good, but I honestly would be able to argue that even against that Mori would be able to fight effectively with his adaptive ability.

Since he can eventually match and surpass a guy (Ilpyo Park) who could analyze all of his movements, knows his fighting style better than Mori himself knows it, and neutralize every single one of Mori's techniques effortlessly.

He's also stronger than Daewi who can in turn out-skill Seungcheol Baek, whose analytical and deductive ability is so good that he can step onto a scene where people had fought with no prior knowledge and deduce the movements they made and exactly what had happened and how exactly it went down. This translates to combat because Seungcheol's fighting style is consistently stated to be a mixture of knowledge and power, and since Seungcheol can already predict attack patterns its safe to say that his intelligence translates to his analytical ability.

So yeah.

Yeah, then I doubt Jin can win this. The only thing he has in this Key is his analytical prediction, and it being resisted means he's pretty much a sitting duck since he has barely any skill/experience in this key.

To be fair, the resistance is not officially documented on his profile, since it (and every other pre-Part 6 profile) is ass.

Eh, if the stuff you said is true, then nothing changes if the profile is ass or not, since the feats you showed clearly show that they have resistance.

I ain't about to act like "Not on the profile, therefore it doesn't count and Jin ability should work perfectly"

I'll just take your word for it.

Fair.

Well, at least this isn't Mori Dan, who can straight up out-skill Precognition :alien:
Trust the Asian media to have absolutely BS skill feats. Dude is a bootleg version of Kamen Rider mfs.

Outskilling precog. Idk how you even do that unless being faster, or having a counter for that precog.

Trust the Asian media to have absolutely BS skill feats. Dude is a bootleg version of Kamen Rider mfs.

Outskilling precog. Idk how you even do that unless being faster or stronger, or having a counter for that precog.
Idk how he did it either, he was blatantly much slower and weaker than Dean (the guy with very good precognition) but even with that he just beat him through skill GG ☠️

Back