• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Which One Will Win? Thanos Or Darth Sidious? Base Thanos Will Be Use And Darth Sidious From The Star Wars Legends

Stalker Maggot said:
Uhh. What's the speed gap here?
Well, Thanos scales to Thor so, he'd be around: 1,674,000,000,000,000x FTL.

Legend Sidious is said to have FTL+ reactions. Can't really find a calc fo him. So, let's highball and say he's 100x FTL.

So unless, I'm missing something Thanos is around 16,740,000,000,000ÔǼx faster than old Palpatine, assuming he's the absolute highest level of FTL+.

Verdict: Mismatch. Speed Unequal, Thanos kills Palatine before he can ever think about anything or amp himself with the Force. Speed Equalized, Sidious wins cause MiNd HAx. Thanos resistance to Telepathy is nothing to sneeze at but it's not Star Wars level.

Still mismatch

Sorry to reopen this but while Sidious's mindhax isn't as good when he isn't focusing, by Dark Empire Sidious's Holicron was turning Luke over to the Dark Side by Luke looking at it

Even with Speed unequal, Sidious still wins.

Didn't Thanos mind is well protect against telepathic asault ?

When he was mindless the guardians needed three top tier telepaths to stay constantly put Thanos in check. I don't know if a telepatic assault works.

I thought we were scaling him to that Helm of Ieldis that was capable of mindhaxing the entire galaxy?

(Although frankly I never understood that. I get that he's the "strongest expression of the Dark Side of the Force" or something, but still, that's an artifact made from alchemy that's created to amp Force users, not a living thing that has its own connection to the Force)

That seems like a pretty gigantic gap between feats, honestly.

And I'm to assume that "universal mindhax" comes from the aforementioned Helm? Because if so, I'm more than a little suspicious about that at this point.

The trillions and universal comes from the same feat, just different interpretations of it. The feat affected at least trillions and possibly affected the entire universe.

With the further elboration on Sidious' mind hax, I'll say this for Thanos.

Thanos' history with using and defending against mindhax/telepathy is very good. He's actually bypassed Hulk's resistance and forced him to fight the Avengers. He's been able subvert Galactus' telepathic defenses though Galactus was ultimately able to throw him off in the end. Note that one about Galactus is important because Big G was able to stop an amped Professor's X Telepathy with like zero effort. Moondragon, an already powerful telepath with the Mind Stone, could not read Thanos' mind.

However, none of that compares to Star Wars mindhax. Don't get me wrong, I truly like Star Wars but it's son of a gu trying to make or have interesting matches for it.

That said, this is a stomp as Sidious wins via mindhax even with speed unequal.

Back