• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Ultimate skills Users Absorption resistance

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Something I never thought is that Ultimate Skills User should have resistance to Absorption. Absorption is a lower skills and too a common Slime skilll thus, it is a lower skill that should not affect Ultimate SKills Users.

Slime specific skill [Dissolve], [Absorption], [Restoration]
~ Chapter 02 - First Contact​
Rimuru's absorption later becomes integrated into an Ultimate Skill (Gluttonous King Beelzebub for one) that he used to absorb Veldora, and one of his sisters, for example. So, there is no contradiction here since only Ultimate Skills are effective against Ultimate Skills Users.

Agree and let me add that Predator/Glutton got absorption too, though they wouldn't be able to affect an Ultimate Skill user either.

NeoSuperior said:
Agree and let me add that Predator/Glutton got absorption too, though they wouldn't be able to affect an Ultimate Skill user either.
I am not sure if the LN got a prominent Ultimate Users statement like the WN but I agree for the others.

In the LN it's pretty much said he can't absorb things stronger than him with Glutton, hence he couldn't just absorb Charybdhis.

So this scales to both versions of characters with Ultimate skills. And again another 30+ edits, you guys really love doing all this work don't you lol.

They are also missing resistance to illusions.

Celestial Pegasus said:
In the LN it's pretty much said he can't absorb things stronger than him with Glutton, hence he couldn't just absorb Charybdhis.
So this scales to both versions. And again another 30+ edits, you guys really love doing all this work don't you lol.

They are also missing resistance to illusions.
At this point we either adapt or die. Adaption was our choice. Also, illusions? Can I get the proof for that, and which version?

Miranda's illusion didn't work on Kondo:

"With her usual method of charming with ÒÇêPerfume curseÒÇë and ÒÇêillusion seriesÒÇë, she would impair her opponent's thinking while dominating them. She also used this spell on Calgurio several times while he embraced her, and soon she would be able to wrap them around her little finger without doing so. Even a man who was the Army Corps Leader was no match against Miranda's spells. A mere Lieutenant would never be able to resist.

Miranda was convinced, and placed her hand around Kondo's back. Pressing her voluptuous breasts against Kondo while appealing her charm, she waited for Kondo to relax. Once she felt Kondo's presence loosened, (Fufun, I thought he was a serious man, but that was easy) She snickered in her mind. (Alright, embrace me as you please, once you become my captive――) Those were Miranda's last thoughts. Without changing his expression, Kondo tucked away a small pistol that he used to shoot Miranda in her temple."

It was also said to be a unique skill:

"He has already obtained the intelligence. To read the target's mind through physical contact, this was the unique skill 『reader』."

Laplace's unique skill Deceiver uses illusions too, and there is also the fact that Dino didn't think illusions would work on someone with a ultimate skill:

""Don't tell me that the conversation was with an illusion since the beginning?" But, he possess an Ultimate Skill, not to mention it was an Ultimate Skill with hypnosis as its main power, so he thought that it's impossible for him to be deceived by illusion."

Oh yeah. He also should get Telepathy from Reader, something I mentioned a while back. And a corresponding resistance...

My god. 3 sets of 30+ edits.

Celestial Pegasus said:
You guys are the ones who keep make daily revisions threads so don't complain lol.
Lol, indeed:)

Finished!

We should also add Telepathy to Kondou, Rimuru, and Yuuki if it's not already there, and a corresponding resistance. Along with Illusion Manipulation for Rimuru, and Yuuki, and another resistance.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Alrighty. What about Telepathy? Reader is a unqiue skill, meaning it should be inferior.
I think is fine to add the resistance to it.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Also, I've noticed some are missing resistance to curse manipulation from Miranda, too.
Can you give more evidences because I don't known much about curse manipulation from Miranda, @Milly Rocking Bandit?

Back