• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Mid-Low Regenerationn

In Vol.1, post-fight with the Direwolves, Rimuru says this:

"Meanwhile, we had eighty-one surviving direwolves parked outside the town fence—some wounded, but none so badly that a little recovery potion didn't prop them right back up. They could've recovered themselves, I reckoned, with their intrinsic healing skills."

Keep in mind, Rimuru was confident they could heal themselves without his healing. His potions could allow recovery of this level:

"They were all in rougher shape than I'd thought—skin slashed by teeth and claws, and some were sporting nasty-looking gashes with God-knows-what growing out of them."

This is about the LN version, right? In that case let me tell you that Rimuru's Full Potions should be at Low-Mid level, since they can regrow limbs, even ones that have been lost for a considerable amount of time. I think that's as high as a potion without revival capabilities can go anyway, since the next step, Mid level, would already be about beheading, which no amount of Full Potions would help against... unless perhaps they are applied exactly while the head is cut or something like that. Maybe the body would grow from the severed head or something. But that's not really supported by any feats, so let's just leave it at Low-Mid.

But here, who gets the Mid-Low Regenerationn? Ranga and his pack? I can see that. That seems good to me.

Or do you mean the Hobgoblins too? Then I am not so sure. But if the Hobgoblins don't get it themselves, then I am also not sure how this affects the Goblin Riders' Unification ability... do they get the Regenerationn always as long as they are unified? Is it only working on wounds taken during the unification or can a wounded hobgoblin heal himself by temporarily unifying with his wolf, regenerating and then split up compeltely healed? Or is it not shared at all?

If the Hobgoblins don't get the Regenerationn by themselves then this question might become a point of contention, should Gobta ever get a match in his Unified 7-C Form or does the unification during the match or something.

Actually, looking at it, I am not sure if this is really Mid-Low, but rather instead just Low.

I mean the potency of Rimuru's potion is overkill and Rimuru doesn't really seem aware of how ridiculously strong his potions are (at this point in the story). The upper limits of the potion also don't really prove how strong the natural Regenerationn of the Wolves is since they are overkill anyway, and the extent of the wounds isn't really explained (for all we know it could just be scratches), so it has to be low-balled to Low Regen, I think.

What CP agreed to was only about the Self-Regenerationn skill being Low-Mid, IIRC. Since Ranga doesn't have it in his LN vol. 5 profile, then neither he nor the other Wolves have it so it's not relevant to this issue.

NeoSuperior said:
Actually, looking at it, I am not sure if this is really Mid-Low, but rather instead just Low.
I mean the potency of Rimuru's potion is overkill and Rimuru doesn't really seem aware of how ridiculously strong his potions are (at this point in the story). The upper limits of the potion also don't really prove how strong the natural Regenerationn of the Wolves is since they are overkill anyway, and the extent of the wounds isn't really explained (for all we know it could just be scratches)
The OP literally says they have gashes.

That was about the injuries of the Goblins before the battle against the Direwolves. MRB used that to demonstrate the potency of the potions.

But the part this thread is about, which is the natural healing potency of the Direwolves, is from AFTER the battle and describes the injuries of the Direwolves. Only this part of the quote is really relevant:

"Meanwhile, we had eighty-one surviving direwolves parked outside the town fence—some wounded, but none so badly that a little recovery potion didn't prop them right back up. They could've recovered themselves, I reckoned, with their intrinsic healing skills."

The eye part look relevant as it would be included from Rimuru's statement: could've recovered themselves, I reckoned, with their intrinsic healing skills."; I believe Regenerationn an eye could be High-Low since it should be a minor organ.

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage, and even potentially reattach lost limbs. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some interior damage, along with some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.

What do you mean by "eye"? What eye-injury are you talking about?

EDIT: If you mean the Direwolf leader that Rimuru killed who appears to be able to see with the eye that was injured... I am not sure... I mean the eye looks different, i.e. not like it was healed.

NeoSuperior said:
What do you mean by "eye"? What eye-injury are you talking about?
EDIT: If you mean the Direwolf leader that Rimuru killed who appears to be able to see with the eye that was injured... I am not sure... I mean the eye looks different, i.e. not like it was healed.
Nevermind, I wear glasses IRL but I didn't have them so I misread eighty-one. Mid-Low looks fine.

Where does it do that? The gashes quote is about Rimuru using Full Potions to heal the Goblins from wounds they suffered from the previous battle (where Rigur's older brother died), while the vague quote is about the self-healing ability of the Direwolves for after the battle where Rimuru executes the Direwolf boss. The two quotes have no relation to each other.

Yes both quotes mention the Full Potions, but there is no logical connection between the potions being able to heal the gashes of the Goblins and the Direwolves' natural innate Regenerationn ability (not an actual "Skill" either). The potions can heal all that the Direwolves can regenerate, but the Direwolves most certainly cannot regenerate to the same extent as the potions can heal. Therefore their innate Regenerationn does not scale to the gashes wounds of the Goblins.

The intristic healing skills of the Direwolves was considered to be on the level of Rimuru's potion, not the goblins. I used the quote where the goblins had to gashes to display how potent the healing of Rimuru's potions were, and said the Direwolves had Regenerationn comparable to that.

It would only scale to Gobta, because when he unifies, he should gain Ranga's abilities too.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
The intristic healing skills of the Direwolves was considered to be on the level of Rimuru's potion, not the goblins. I used the quote where the goblins had to gashes to display how potent the healing of Rimuru's potions were, and said the Direwolves had Regenerationn comparable to that.
It would only scale to Gobta, because when he unifies, he should gain Ranga's abilities too.
Your op doesn't actually say their healing skills were comparable to his potions, only that they could recover from their wounds without it.

Back