• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Law Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Currently, a few characters have Law Manipulation but the ability was not properly explained so I checked the entire web novel and it looks accurate.

First:

Character Introductions

Name: Rimuru Tempest
Combat Skill『Sticky Steel Thread』『Cloning』『Chaos Breath』『Law Manipulation』『Attribute Change』『Thought Domination』『Demon Lord Mode/Transformation』

Name: Diablo [EP: 444.000]
Battle Skill『Law Manipulation』
Holy Barrier looks to have Law Manipulation:

ÒÇîHmph, as I thought. It's not a high density barrier, but one that tampers with the laws of the world a bit. Well, something like that can be changed with one of the effects of my『Cook』skillÒÇì

She said and cut the surprised knight standing in front of Leonard. Though he should have lost his head, that's not what happened. Only his limbs fell to the ground. Did she surpass his sight by that much? While feeling the sense of dread intensified, he casted full recovery magic on the knight. But… It did not activate. Which caused Leonard to tremble,

ÒÇîKukuku, you fool. I made that human's limbless state the norm. What good would recovery magic do? He's perfectly fine already!ÒÇì

Shion happily explained. Leonard understood what she meant which caused his heart to tremble in terror. In fact, he had noticed, but did not want to accept it, when she had rewritten the effects of the Holy Field.
~ WN ch. 93​
----

This point of Law Manipulation of Holy Barrier is supported because they were made by experts or Saint Wizards who understood the Law of World:

Chapter 93 - vs Holy Knights part 4
Leonard is, in fact, not a Knight Templar.
He is a genius who reached the pinnacle of magic arts and is the Saint Wizard.
Only he who has mastered the Saint magic archive and the Elemental magic archive can call themselves with this title.
The Saint Wizards are those who truly understand the laws of the world.
However, holy sword in hand, Leonard had engaged in many battles.
Even while hiding his identity as a Saint Wizard, his name is far more famous now as a templar.

ÒÇîSet up the barrier for the target before us!ÒÇì

He issued the order, judging that there was no time to analyze the enemy.
The knights surrounding her in four directions immediately got to work.
This is an excellent barrier which probably cannot be broken from the inside.
But it is not perfect. It is a simple barrier, after all.
The space created is narrow, so could it block every attack is the question.
The space is created is twenty meters in diameter, but if one were to immediately absorb all the magic energy and fire off a large scale spell, then perhaps it would break.
That's why the barrier is normally made to be far larger.
In the first place, though this barrier sealed the very ability he was so proud of, he couldn't complain in the present situation.
Just in case, he had the second squad surround them all with a defense barrier.
They couldn't kill the target trapped in the purification barrier.

A nightmare incarnate descended from the sky.
Lightly landing upon the ground, she looked up at the knights.
Without panicking, Leonard had already begun to order his men.
He had the target surrounded by two knights from each direction.
And had the rest set up a simple Holy Barrier as soon as possible.

==Futhermore, it is like Holy Barrier is roughly the same type of Barrier Rimuru was trapped against Hinata. It is futher called the strongest barrier so Law effect looks more legimatate and could scale for A rank monster Note: The Barrier Made against Shion Was simpler==

Chapter 66 - Chance Meeting=
It's useless, you know?
A rank monsters trapped in the Holy Barrier cannot live for long.
C rank monsters are immediately purified.
Don't you understand? The barrier purifies magical energy itself.
Therefore, high level monsters like you lose most of your power and cannot fight as you normally would.
It is the strongest barrier the church has against you monsters.
Normally, it is used for Disaster Class A rank monsters and above…

Chapter 93 - vs Holy Knights part 4
A nightmare incarnate descended from the sky.
Lightly landing upon the ground, she looked up at the knights.
Without panicking, Leonard had already begun to order his men.
He had the target surrounded by two knights from each direction.
And had the rest set up a simple Holy Barrier as soon as possible.

I found these texts too for Law Manipulation feats:

Spirits Magics looks to have Law Manipulation effects too and Holy Barrier can protect against that.

Chapter 69 - Birth of Demon Lord

So, to take cover under a barrier is a common military tactic in this world.
Of course, there is also defensive barrier carefully prepared this time.
Even if they march to a city full of high level monster, which they considered as a joke, the level barrier is still skilfully done.
However, before the wrath new magic resistance is futile.
In this world, the principle of barrier magic is specialized for defence against magic power.
So it means that they hadn't any resistance against things that abide law of physics.
That is the result of the analysis of barrier, so that fact has been confirmed.
If you think about it, the heat from thousand degree flames can be stopped completed by a barrier, et cetera, so what is the cause that the barrier is able to interfere with the natural phenomenon?
This worlds <Chemical element magic> uses and manipulated magic power in orderto invoke interference in physical law.
That's why, to prevent it, defensive barriers prevent the entry of magic power.
Except for overwhelming the barrier with magical power, it is nearly impossible to break a barrier.
Also, since it prevents the entry of magic power, it become impossible to cause any physical interference inside it.
So, what about <Spirit Magic>? Because it rewrites the physical law because of the spirit's power to cause interference, it still had power although is in smaller scale.
Of course if they put spirit barrier, <Spirit Magic> usage can be prevented.
That is the reason that the most basic barrier had multiple, more than two, layers.
Therefore, to swap such notion, I decide to invent a way to turn magic into pure physical energy.

It looks noted that holy barriers were ineffective against Rimuru.

Chapter 85 - The words that reached

The templars trembled upon hearing of a new demon lord's birth.
And when they heard about his absurd power, they could no longer hide their astonishment.
Before his light attack, every anti-demon barriers, large scale magic barriers, and even holy barriers are utterly foolish.

It seems like Hinata has Holy Barrier

Chapter 76 - Conference Òâ╗ Main Act

I skipped over my daily life in city, but I did talk about my fight with Hinata.
She's a dangerous one.
If someone else apart from me was to be fighting her, they would have surely been killed.
Her "Purification barrier (Holy Barrier)" is a particularly dangerous skill.
Apart from the barrier, she might have something to use against single targets.
Ruminas's City is the Holy City which she live in so it shows law manipulation resistance is viable for ultimate skills user. From NeoSuperior's point, the Barrier around Ruberios could also be "reversed" to work only on Holy creatures like angels instead.

Chapter 87 - The Holy City

A city enveloped in a tranquil light.
A holy city protected by a holy barrier.
This was a high level defense barrier developed through many years of arduous study.
This barrier prevented uninvited outsiders from entry and protected the city for over a thousand years.
It is truly the embodiment of the citizens' prayers.
It can even block sunlight allowing the city's natural light to be regulated. It is thus brighter in the afternoon and darker at night.
The temperature inside the barrier is mostly fixed throughout the year creating pleasantly cool summers and warm winters.
It looks like Law manipulation is acknowledged early in the verse. Diablo had Law Manipulation as a Demon Dukes. Rimuru had it as an Awakened Demon Lord:

Chapter 168 - Guy • Crimson

What a guy. The destruction was not caused by any Skills or techniques; it was simply from the impact with his body.
For Demon Dukes, it was possible to ignore the laws of physics and travel at super sonic speeds without causing shockwaves but……
This guy came in without using any law manipulations just because it was cumbersome.
There weren't many who can afford to do something insane like this.
Three to my knowledge.
Veldora, Milim, and Demon Lord Guy Crimson.
A general statement here: Validate A rank monster can resist Law Manipulation:

Chapter 157 - The Battle of the Dungeon

An opponent beyond the perceivable range of humans, even if it's only one, would be classified as an A rank disaster class--On a side note when such a monster is discovered in the western countries an emergency alarm would be triggered. A subjugation team consisting of elite holy knights would be formed, and a large scale holy barrier would be erected to weaken the monster followed by a large area sweep. Still they must enter with the conviction to make sacrifices, for such was the danger of an A rank disaster class -- it was such a monster.

And thus begins the slaughter fest.

And the time it took to slaughter the empire soldiers was a measly less than 10 minutes.
In Conclusion:

==Conclusion==

Those associated with the Laws of the World looks solid enough like from Holy Field and Shion's Skills to me.

Most importantly, Chapter 168, proved and acknowledge law manipulations exist for many in the verse and that would mean the Law Manipulation skills can scaled to actual law manipulation without being disregarded. Likewise, this acceptance make Law Manipulation resistance more supported since it is somewhat common in the verse.

First off, can you please fix the formatting? some of the expandable boxes reach out of my screen to the right, when I open them, due to the "single-line box" or whatever that layout template might be called.

NeoSuperior said:
First off, can you please fix the formatting? some of the expandable boxes reach out of my screen to the right, when I open them, due to the "single-line box" or whatever that layout template might be called.
thats exactly what law manip should look like , it can break your screen lol

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
If it helps, Dagruel's punches also warp the laws of physics.
Yeah, Law Manipulation towards Law of Physics can still be Law Manipulation.
==Limitations==
* The user may be limited to control only a specific form of Law.

I will add Law Manipulation for Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel), Shio, Sakaguchi Hinata (Web Novel), Diablo (Web Novel).

Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel) would have it for his first key with Spirit Magic can interpreter with the world's law, for one.

He would have law manipulation resistance and Shion would have law manipulation resistance for survive the Holy Barrier from their respective key. A-rank Disaster class should have resistance to Law Manipulation.

For reference, the A-rank Disaster part was referring to Apito but since it is referring to A-rank Disaster class monsters than disaster class like Orc Disaster Gerudo (Web Novel) scale too.

Shion and Diablo would have their own resistance to Law Manipulation from their fight.

BTW, forgot to say I agree. So: I agree.

Though I'd like to point out that the bit with the holy barrier was about blocking Megiddo, not about whether or not it would have an effect on Rimuru himself.

NeoSuperior said:
BTW, forgot to say I agree. So: I agree.
Though I'd like to point out that the bit with the holy barrier was about blocking Megiddo, not about whether or not it would have an effect on Rimuru himself.
Yes, of course. Rimuru would still resistance early Law Manipulation since he also resisted the effect of the Holy Barrier where weaker monsters would be purified be immediately purified.

Chapter 191 and 192 Law Manipulation skills would more reliable for additions, I almost forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back