• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Death Manipulation Resistance

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Something I never thought of is that Ultimate Skills User should have resistance to Death Manipulation, until today. Death Manipulation is a lower skill like battle skills for some and magic for others; thus, it is a lower abilities that should not affect Ultimate SKills Users.

Likewise, for Characters with Status Change Nullification or Status Change Resistance should also resist Death Manipulation since Instant Death treated a status effect in a fictional scenario RPG scenario if status effect exists. This case would be in Chapter 74 and 191 where it is specified

As a skill

Name: Adalman Battle Skills...『Holy-Demonic Reversal』『Manipulation of the Dead』『Instant Death』 Though he isn't suited for CQC, with『Instant Death』, he can kill his target just by looking.

Failure to resist, means instant death. Against armies, he is my most efficient follower.
~ Chapter 191: Ciel-Sensei's Skill Synthesis​
As magic

ÒÇîStop!!! I won't let you! I won't let you do as you please!ÒÇì

Suddenly, Ramiris held up both of her hands, prepared for combat.
Unlike her usual frivolous appearance, her eyes were completely serious thsi time.
A black light covered her hands which she shot out at Chloe. I jumped in front of Chloe to protect her, and it absorbed into my body.
ÒÇêAnnihilationÒÇë magic of instant death… It's hard to believe, but she seriously intended to kill her.
~ Chapter 63 - Children and Spirits​

US already have resistance to absorption and death manipulation.

Status Change Nullification and Status Change Resistance are vague abilities which we have no clue what they cover, hence we have to decide such things, which is annoying.

If we wanna just count Status Change Nullification and Status Change Resistance as resistances gained from Rimuru, which they are, then they should scale to "status effects" that Rimuru resisted before becoming a demon lord, in which case this is fine.

Celestial Pegasus said:
US already have resistance to absorption and death manipulation.
I saw; I had bad eyesights IRL, apologies for this.

Celestial Pegasus said:
If we wanna just count Status Change Nullification and Status Change Resistance as resistances gained from Rimuru, which they are, then they should scale to "status effects" that Rimuru resisted before becoming a demon lord, in which case this is fine.
Fair point.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I check and Rimuru did have Death Manipulation resistance on his profile before on his ascention to an Awakened Demon Lord so Death Manipulation Resistance might scaled.

In WN Rimuru absorbed an instant-death attack from Ramiris with Gluttony, when she tried to kill future Chloe Time-Spirit at the end of the Life in the Royal Capital Arc. Ramiris trying to kill her with an instant-death spell was removed in the LN.

NeoSuperior said:
In WN Rimuru absorbed an instant-death attack from Ramiris with Gluttony, when she tried to kill future Chloe Time-Spirit at the end of the Life in the Royal Capital Arc. Ramiris trying to kill her with an instant-death spell was removed in the LN.
Yeah, I know it was removed from the Light novel and was only present in the Web novel, @NeoSuperior. This thread was about the WN though.

Back