• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Temporal Immortality

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This question’s been bugging me for some time so I might as well ask here. What kind of immortality would someone get for having a groundhog’s day event? Where if they die time itself would rewind back to a certain point so they can relive their life over and over again. Is it any of the immortalities that we already have or is it a new one we don’t have?

I only know this guy who somewhat have similar type of immortality.
Problem is, the time rewind itself, or his soul or existence just resurrect back to a certain point???

I think this would be limited type 4 + time manipulation, since you are ressurecting yourself via time rewinding

It depends if it's just a localised time-loop then it's just type 4 immortality with extra steps.

However if there's more context it may gain other P&A (E.g if they remember the previous time loops they'll gain a degree of type 1 acausality).

Type 4 doesn’t seem right because it implies you came back from the dead, when in reality it just goes back to before you even died to begin with, as if the death never happened.

Type 4 doesn’t seem right because it implies you came back from the dead, when in reality it just goes back to before you even died to begin with, as if the death never happened.
If something killed you and a superpower saved you from being dead then yes, that is resurrection, just like turning back time in one's dead body to revive them would be resurrection too. Why bother on technicalities over what superpowers feel more right to say that are being used, the application of the word resurrection is used, simply in another method that isn't the common one.

Why bother on technicalities over what superpowers feel more right to say that are being used,
We're an indexing site, I'm pretty sure answering questions to theoretical scenarios we may haven't even tackled should be something we should cover in case others ask for the same thing.

@Oliver_de_jesus does henry's time reversing on his failures exclusively happen when he's at the point of almost dying or just messing up at a job? If the latter I'm not sure if that's the best comparison since it just sounds like something he has control all the time.

Back