• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tekken General Discussion Thread

They really bombard with trailers of all sorts besides just character trailers

Reina really think she's HER huh.

Kinda surprised we still don't have leaks about the game yet. Although it is for the better because I will play it day 1 and experience the full game for myself.

I refuse to look at leaks but Reina looks like a badass in all the trailers she appears in. I really think she's a step above most of the cast in canon strength and I have a gut feeling she could be close to Devil Kazuya level between her not being shown to be blown by the shockwaves in the first story trailer to her now confidently standing right in front of a devil beam without worry.

I refuse to look at leaks but Reina looks like a badass in all the trailers she appears in. I really think she's a step above most of the cast in canon strength and I have a gut feeling she could be close to Devil Kazuya level between her not being shown to be blown by the shockwaves in the first story trailer to her now confidently standing right in front of a devil beam without worry.
There must be more to Reina then we are aware of somehow

8 more days....
In 8 more days Tekken 8 and Yakuza 8 will come out

Kazuya and kiryu will die on the same day
🫡

Hope trophy
Finished Chapter 15 of The Dark Awakens with Jin Kazama victorious.

Despair trophy
Finished Chapter 15 of The Dark Awakens with Kazuya Mishima victorious.

This remind me of MK11, where you can choose who you play as Liu or Shang and who Final boss is.

Hope trophy
Finished Chapter 15 of The Dark Awakens with Jin Kazama victorious.

Despair trophy
Finished Chapter 15 of The Dark Awakens with Kazuya Mishima victorious.

This remind me of MK11, where you can choose who you play as Liu or Shang and who Final boss is.
Thats unexpected but
I assume just one will be truly canon, doubt they wanna go with Kazuya as the focus afterwards or do a Mortal Kombat 1 move, especially if Tekken 9 gotta continue from where it left off

Reina really think she's HER huh.

Kinda surprised we still don't have leaks about the game yet. Although it is for the better because I will play it day 1 and experience the full game for myself.
Reina has that energy of a badass, guess she truly inherited Heihachi's awesome nature.

Kazuya is awesome and same with Lars but Reina is just built different.

(Plus she is more than she seems and is quite vicious person, and do love the fight between her and Jin caused Jin to reel in shock due to Reina's fighting style)

southern-university-jukebox-challenge.gif

The ammount of people they bring for the marketing of the game is insane, 10 million copies sold with Tekken 7 is showing

In Jin’s ending, he is able to get rid of the Devil Gene. Oh Kazuya survives. That’s all we know that Kaz survives and just accept it after losing Devil Gene. Jin was fine with his father, scrolling roaming free but they never able to capture both.

There's also Angel-like Jin form. It was obvious since we see new Kazuya’s form too.

In Jin’s ending, he is able to get rid of the Devil Gene. Oh Kazuya survives. That’s all we know that Kaz survives and just accept it after losing Devil Gene. Jin was fine with his father, scrolling roaming free but they never able to capture both.

There's also Angel-like Jin form. It was obvious since we see new Kazuya’s form too.
******* knew Jin would remove his Devil Gene and gain an Angel form! But pretty interesting ending. But Kazuya losing his Devil Gene...huh pretty interesting now since this would be like how Iori Yagami lost his Orochi flames in King of Fighters at one point.

Where you found that info?

So basically Jin is weaker simply cuz he denies stuff that Kazuya accepts with the devil gene, so the mere fact he went from "power is everything" to "power isnt everything" already made him weaker then Kazuya, i knew it something was up with Jin, that explains why Kazuya was more dominant

So basically Jin is weaker simply cuz he denies stuff that Kazuya accepts with the devil gene, so the mere fact he went from "power is everything" to "power isnt everything" already made him weaker then Kazuya, i knew it something was up with Jin, that explains why Kazuya was more dominant

Huh that is interesting since it is like Jin holding himself back and mentally crippling his power?

An example I can use is sorta like in BlazBlue where in Chrono Phantasma (The third game), Ragna is losing control of his power in his left arm which is the Azure Grimoire. This reason was because it is messing with him, and causing him to be weaker.

Huh that is interesting since it is like Jin holding himself back and mentally crippling his power?

An example I can use is sorta like in BlazBlue where in Chrono Phantasma (The third game), Ragna is losing control of his power in his left arm which is the Azure Grimoire. This reason was because it is messing with him, and causing him to be weaker.
T8 says that devil gene users access their superhuman powers by using a certain emotion, that is desire, further explaining "The desire to rule, to steal, and destroy", Kazuya has that, Jin doesnt

Also nice little detail, Jin rage art is changed after chapter 1, to reflect his devil gene is locked away from him, besides the times he experiences death scenarios, which is pointed more times and shown with Reina and Hwoarang

But yeah Jin gets more or less weaker, it explains why his devil gene activates vs the teo mentioned as well, its instinctive

T8 says that devil gene users access their superhuman powers by using a certain emotion, that is desire, further explaining "The desire to rule, to steal, and destroy", Kazuya has that, Jin doesnt

Also nice little detail, Jin rage art is changed after chapter 1, to reflect his devil gene is locked away from him, besides the times he experiences death scenarios, which is pointed more times and shown with Reina and Hwoarang

But yeah Jin gets more or less weaker, it explains why his devil gene activates vs the teo mentioned as well, its instinctive
That honestly makes sense given Jin is less wanting to use that kind of emotion compared to Kazuya

It also explains the power difference being the way it is now, as normally Kazuya shouldnt be that strong compared to Jin
True since Kazuya tends to be losing to Jin as shown Jin is at least stronger than Kazuya.

It also brings an interesting thought since if its true that Jin gains an Angel like form...then I can imagine it has the opposite effect, a need to protect and cherish so that way Jin becomes stronger.

True since Kazuya tends to be losing to Jin as shown Jin is at least stronger than Kazuya.

It also brings an interesting thought since if its true that Jin gains an Angel like form...then I can imagine it has the opposite effect, a need to protect and cherish so that way Jin becomes stronger.
Twitter seems to mention of Jin using an angel form, but from what i saw, are mostly said as a joke to say Jin kills Kazuya with that and Heihachi returns and all that

I am just gonna wait and see how true that turns out to be when more story chapters get posted, either earlier or by streamers on launch

Twitter seems to mention of Jin using an angel form, but from what i saw, are mostly said as a joke to say Jin kills Kazuya with that and Heihachi returns and all that

I am just gonna wait and see how true that turns out to be when more story chapters get posted, either earlier or by streamers on launch
Hm true what you said makes sense.

Because I am genuinely curious on how the story will go, with Kazuya leading a freaking world war, and everyone ganging up on Kazuya. Then there is Reina and her whole mystery...I feel like she might be planning to let Jin and Kazuya die so she could take over the Zaibatsu.

In the credit, Kazuya is unconscious on the ground and it shows a frame with Jun. Another retcon, Kazuya's Devil just possession into Rena's body and was resurrected similar to Jinpachi. Also no multiverse.

In the credit, Kazuya is unconscious on the ground and it shows a frame with Jun. Another retcon, Kazuya's Devil just possession into Rena's body and was resurrected similar to Jinpachi. Also no multiverse.
EH? Okay now I am curious on this whole thing!

So the devil gene still doesnt ends, this possession thing sounds similar to Tekken 3 opening showing part of Devil go to Jin giving his arm the tattoo

But the hell, they give it to Reina? Does that mean she dies in the story? I gotta see this shit when its posted lmao

Doesn't it make sense for Jin awaken his new Angel form in order to erase Kazuya's Devil Gene and leave it yet Kazuya's Devil went to Reina's body and then resurrected him.

Still waiting on my main character devil jin to get his trailer, even though i seen some of his stuff by now, i just wanna see how epic they will go with him, i called it he will kept last

Previous lore statements and a feat from a slot machine already take care of that, but the site never accepts it, let alone downplays with weak excuses, unlike other verses

So far Kazuya lasering the satellites and the claim of destroying countries of fighters who fail to prove themselves is the most impressive thing in this game

Back