• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Technically speed doesn’t matter because it usually gets equalized

I understand why people do it. I see speed calculations that are so completely ridiculous, and it seems that speed for a lot of otherwise normal characters is usually dependent on something really ridiculous.

I mean, Captain America (MCU) has sub-relativistic combat speed. If I wanted to match up Captain America (MCU) and Batman (DCEU) then equalized speed is necessary, because according to some really stupid scaling, Captain America can fight at appreciable fractions of the speed of light. Or how every Danny Phantom character is FTL.

Speed is one of the most wankable attributes, so the site is littered with profiles with incredibly stupid speeds listed, flying in the face of what any reasonable person would think about these characters when reading their stories, so you have to equalize speed otherwise "X Statues" and the discussion is over.

Basically any instance in which the author forgets to consider the reality of how far two things are, or calls something "light" it will be used as evidence that every character is zipping around at light speed.

That's sadly true.

While usually equalizing speed makes a match fair or possible, it gets to ludicrous degrees. I wish there was some way to keep a certain speed advantage, or at least consider the character's mindset or to give more consideration than just "BLITZ".

Not a thing in VSBW, but I've seen plenty of debates that even against impossible speed advantages, people could still argue interesting matches.
Lisa Lisa vs Kaido

Speed usually doesn’t matter because it gets equalized
That happens because normally the most unbalanced and stupid stat in fiction is speed fr, literally writers doesn't give a fu** about Speed of Light limits, Dragon Ball casually being FTL+ at early stages and MFTL+ (So fu**ing fast) at DBS and DBZ, like, you can have another Uni+ or Low Multi character but it need an absurd amount of speed to even be close, just because of how stupidly Ki and overall stats works in DB, but sometimes I hate Equalized verse or stats because people tend to use it to make a character forcefully win (wich is re***ded)

Back