• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Technically speed doesn’t matter because it usually gets equalized

Something similar but more important is lifting strength, it only matters when Gravity Manip and Telekinesis are abilities used by a character.

That's sadly true.

While usually equalizing speed makes a match fair or possible, it gets to ludicrous degrees. I wish there was some way to keep a certain speed advantage, or at least consider the character's mindset or to give more consideration than just "BLITZ".

Not a thing in VSBW, but I've seen plenty of debates that even against impossible speed advantages, people could still argue interesting matches.

That's sadly true.

While usually equalizing speed makes a match fair or possible, it gets to ludicrous degrees. I wish there was some way to keep a certain speed advantage, or at least consider the character's mindset or to give more consideration than just "BLITZ".

Not a thing in VSBW, but I've seen plenty of debates that even against impossible speed advantages, people could still argue interesting matches.
I've done a crap ton of matches with characters with really low speed and some with really high speed

Tbh speaking of speed equalization it’s kinda weird having speed non equalized matches between say

One character with Mach 900 Overall speed vs someone with Mach 780 Movement and travel speed but Mach 43000 combat speed

It's more of an example by this I mean if one guy is mach 67.9 and another character is mach 67.3232
I mean, that's not similiar, that's more like identic speed

pretty sure you need be like 3x faster in order to blitz
so a example is 7m/s and 9m/s of similiar speed

I think people just have to have characters who have a huge advantage in speed, but a fairly big disadvantage in AP and Durability

My question is, why is speed the only stat allowed to be equalized? Why can't durability or something be equalized? And by that, I mean you can only pick one stat to equalize. Equalizing multiple stats for one fight would obviously be ridiculous.

The logic to allow speed equalization seems to be that any massive speed gap would make the fight completely one-sided. But isn't that true for any stat? If there's a massive durability gap or massive AP gap, then doesn't that make it one sided?

My question is, why is speed the only stat allowed to be equalized? Why can't durability or something be equalized? And by that, I mean you can only pick one stat to equalize. Equalizing multiple stats for one fight would obviously be ridiculous.

The logic to allow speed equalization seems to be that any massive speed gap would make the fight completely one-sided. But isn't that true for any stat? If there's a massive durability gap or massive AP gap, then doesn't that make it one sided?
Via most hax, not necessarily. The hax required to kill/incapacitate someone who is way, way faster than you, such as passives are far more rare than conventional hax like Existence Erasure or BFR.

I mean there are theoretically matches where you don't have to equalize speed, like matches where opponent A has an adequate speed advantage & opponent B has an adequate AP advantage. The only match I could think of where this would happen & still be fair would be the Grizzly Bear vs Hippo fight. Judging by my current knowledge & experience, matches like these aren't easily noticed by me. Though I would like to see a speed unequal match where there's still a good debate.

Back