• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tate no Yuusha revision

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
This is a pseudo-CRT.

Naofumi Iwatani goes through several jumps in power during the series, therefore the rating he is given is pretty inaccurate. It'd be like calling MUI a Son Goku Profile.

Questions: do we use the manga?

Because Glass has a beautiful feat we could calculate, as well as Judgdement.

I just finished the 5th LN vol. So try not to talk about anything beyond that, please.

At the moment, there are 3 versions of the stories: the LN, the WN, and the manga. What are the current rules for making a composite profile or making separate profiles?

The WN is too different towards the end to composite with the LN or manga. The current profiles are WN only, for manga different profiles should be made in my opinion.

In principle having just the EoS version isn't a problem as they are the completed development. WN wise there really only are 2 quantifiable version to begin with (or 3 if you for some reason want to have a beginning of story Wall level, or something, one). That would be the EoS and the post spirit turtle arc. The latter would be mountain level and supersonic, assuming we are liberal when it comes to destroying mountains. Aside from the the WN has very few quantifiable feats.

Even if there are many feats before Eos, they should still get another which is unknown or something, just having Eos is lazy imo as it doesn't reflect the full development of the characters.

1) Judgement

2) Glass splitting the ocean.

3) The Tortoise destroying a mountain as a side effect of its attack.

I just ended the spirit turtle arc and these are the most noteworthy feats I found.

Edit: Im currently reading at a 1 vol/day speed.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Even if there are many feats before Eos, they should still get another which is unknown or something, just having Eos is lazy imo as it doesn't reflect the full development of the characters.
Having an unknown key doesn't really help showing developement at all. But I am not stopping anyone from adding key's based on the web novel, or making a profile for the LN/Manga version, if they quantify the feats necessary for it.

@DT did the feats I listed happen in the WN? We could use the manga version for a calc.

The mountain thing did, not 100% sure about the ocean one. With Judgement you mean the priest thing? Edit: Wait, Judgement was that covenant magic. Yeah, that happened, but isn't very impressive compared to the mountain stuff.

I am sceptical on using the manga here, 'cause, as said, different canon. It should be used in conjunction to the Light Novel to create profiles for that.

I remembered that I still got the feat dump from making the profile. Pasted it here and here. Probably has more or less everything needed for another WN key (I think I might have overlooked the first 5 chapters or so, though). Tracking down where the quotes are from is easy using google.

@DT

Yes, the covenant/Judgement shouldnt be very impressive compared to the turtle, but this was Naofumi at level 43-ish iirc. The Glass and Turtle feats happened when he was 73-ish.

Idk if this would warrant two different keys:

Church of the Three Heroes arc / Spirit Turtle arc / ...

Oh, you did mean the pope cast one.

I thought of a cast much later (and much more powerful) that just caused some 30 meter radius explosion.

WN wise the pope cast one is unquantifiable, but for the LN/Manga it's a good feat.

One could make different keys for that, as it would be pre-/post-applying the other heroes strengthening techniques. Or in general one per arc with new feats.

I mean, I understand skepticism regarding using a differenr canon, but my only reason to use it is because the feat happens in the same circumstances but with a possibility for a calc.

I guess we will need a LN/Manga profile, then. I will help with it's creation once Im done with the LNs.

@DT I take we could give WN Naofumi at least another key?

Lol why different profiles for LN/WN and Manga? Isn't the WN non-canon at this point? I say we just go with LN at this point.

The current profiles are based on the WN. Nothing else.

Is there that much different between the WN and LN? Re;Zero has similar case but we kept using the WN anyway unless it goes directly against the LN.

There are probably several changes in the long run, but I am not that familiar with the LN. One very important change is with Raphtalia though: In the LN she becomes the Seven Star Hero of the Katana, while in the WN she becomes the Seven Star Hero of the Hammer.

Another thing is that we have no idea whether the LN/Manga will have the same end as the WN. The author changed her mind regarding the end once before.

The WN is not non-canon. In principle what the author wrote first is the primary canon, actually. One may say it is the purest version, while the LN is a refined, but also commercialized, one.

Regarding giving WN Naofumi another key: We probably can do a pre-god key. If we are liberal with the mountain thing (assume that it's more than 1.2km high) it would Mountain level dura for Naofumi and Dura+Ap for Raphtalia. To that probably Supersonic speed by being far superior to Firo that was said to move with the speed of sound. Then just separate his god skills from his other skills and give him his other armor and that should complete the key.

If someone has too much time they can also add a "New Seven Deadly Sins"-key

I don't view Web Novels as "primary canon". If anything, it's kinda the opposite. I see them as drafts, outlines, that later get refined, solidified, and properly canon-ized as a LN.

I don't see a reason to view WN as "primary canon" nither tbh. If anything it just a draft, LN is the official finalized version imo.

I don't see anything wrong with taking WN into consideration tho unless it conflicts directly with the LN. Isn't this how we treat series

According to our canon page the primary canon is whichever source first released, unless the author states otherwise.

As said, the WN is essentially the version that is uninfluenced by anything but the author. Web Novels generally aren't written with secondary publication in mind, so they aren't drafts in any sense.

Web Novels are not as refined as the LN versions created with the help of an editor and stuff, but it also doesn't have the influence of the commercial interest of the company publishing the LN. E.g. there will (almost) always be content added to the LN adaptation, as otherwise the Novel wouldn't sell to WN readers. That content isn't necessarily part of anything originally envisioned by the author, but can just be something made up later on in order to fulfil the publishers interests.

Long story short if the LN is just an extended version of the WN, use the LN. If it isn't they are separate canon and when in doubt first version is primary canon. If meaningful, like here, making separate profiles for two canons isn't forbidden or anything.

What's wrong with making composite canon profiles?

Since both are kind of canon, and it's not like composite canon isn't a thing we do on this wiki (When it's applicable, like Pokemon).

@Yung We actually had a thread about this exact topic a couple months ago, what was concluded was that if the ln and wn are mostly the same, composite profiles are ok.

If there are notable differences, there should be separate keys or profiles.

The WN and LN are very different. By Volume 6/7, they become so different they can hardly be called the same story anymore.

I'm for separating Shield Hero characters into WN profiles and LN profiles. It'll make things less convoluted as well

@Xmark yea I forgot to ask about them, too. Gonna be a bit to work to see what they scale to, cause obviously you can't scale them to Naofumi who has literally no offense.

Dragopentling said:
@Xmark yea I forgot to ask about them, too.
Gonna be a bit to work to see what they scale to, cause obviously you can't scale them to Naofumi who has literally no offense.
You possibly can scale them to Naofumi's defense, though. One would just have to see when the last time one of them was able to damage Naofumi was. I bet due to weird scaling rules they gonna end up with durability on par with Naofumi

the ending arc of web novel probably canon since we also got motoyasu's spin off (both light novel and manga) that actually happen in the web novel, his power can be considered canon

Are we allowed to make a profile for Manga Naofumi with him tanking the blast from the 3 heroes church?

As said, I'm fully in favor of doing a separate LN+Manga profile.

As I'm not up to date with the LN, someone would just have to collect whichever feats are necessary.

Firestorm808 said:
Are we allowed to make a profile for Manga Naofumi with him tanking the blast from the 3 heroes church?
uuhh why do you need that manga profile? in light novel and web novel he can do that. we just need to create light novel profile because the light novel has more volume than manga

i undestand using manga to calculate that but is separating manga and ln profile necessary tho? since they don't have really much difference like ln and wn

Back