• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taskmaster vs XV

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Taskmaster vs XV.

I just want to argue against Zark, honestly. Speed is equalized. Standard battle assumptions.

This is 9-B XV, but he'll just copy Taskmaster and become 9-A instantly so

Taskmaster: 1

XV:

Inconclusive:

SBA makes XV 8-B

Anyways, it seems like XV has the advantage here. Both are going to end up with the same strength and skill via copying, but I don't think taskmaster can copy things like regen. He'd just use tech to simulate powers.

XV copies intelligence and experience? If so then that thing just wins.

I dunno if XV copies intelligence and skill perfectly, it tends to fight animalistically, but it did start using some of Omega's tactics against him.

In this case, it'd probably copy Taskmaster's photographic mimicry, as he was born with it, IIRC? Either way his biology is different.

I mean... KO Gas exists that Taskmaster can just use it if he's getting overwhelmed, along with illusions to ensure his survivability more. He's fighting a thing that is ********

Honestly due to the weird ******* abilities here I don't legitimately think Taskmaster will even entertain the thought of engaging once he starts getting overwhelmed (Even though there are scenarios of him overpowering folks in their own skillset), also I'm uncertain whether Pressure Points work in this scenario or not, given that thing's not human.

Anyways yeah, the second Tasky starts getting overwhelmed or he think he is, he'll throw a flare or something and KO gas. He's not shy to resort to cheap tactics.

Also I don't think he can copy the photography reflexes thing? It itself isn't an ability, moreso a result of skillful use of Taskmaster's memory quirk, which is just being able to take a **** ton of info.

I dunno how useful KO Gas would be against XV, especially since XV copies all of Taskmaster's weapons, knows how they all work, and adapts to avoid them instinctively.

Eh. Does it just instantly work like that?

So like, is this a mirror match or something?

Yeah, that's what XV did in canon.

It is essentially a mirror match.

So, quick question, he doesn't perfectly replicate skill, right?

Also doesn't this imply he has the same biology as Taskmaster now?

I don't think it perfectly replicates skill. I think, over time, XV picks up more skill from its target and begins using their tactics more and more.

XV's biology doesn't become identical to the target instantly. As it regenerates, it transforms and grows more and more similar, but never 100%.

Ah well, I don't think he'll be able to initially outskill Taskmaster in the slightest, and I have enough confidence to believe that Taskmaster can either incapacitate or knock out XV before things start picking up.

Alongside that I don't think XV'd be able to replicate certain things like Tasky's Speed Amplification, (which is achieved through copying video at fast forward, hence not exactly an ability, moreso skill)

Well, could Tasky do so on the fly here? Not exactly relevant if not.

I mean Taskmaster can recognize what the other guy is trying to pull off, and yes, he isn't the type to elongate the battles anyways, he tries to get them over as fast as he can. Also iirc he does use his Speed Amps alot if that's thw only guy he's fighting.

XV can copy stat boosts

Of what nature? Because it's not an ability, the speed amps is done through skillful use of his photographic reflexes

I dunno, the stat boost XV copied isn't really elaborated on.

Hmph, well I still think that Taskmaster can still outskill and KO XV before he gets on his level. Voting for him.

Looking at the characteristics of the two, I believe that Taskmaster takes this battle for precaution and to be able to analyze the first movements of XV.

It would be interesting if the stat boost XV copied was well worked.

Back