• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taskmaster 8-C Upgrade.

Anyway, to try and find a middle ground, to not just resort to a dull "At least 9-B, possibly/likely 8-C", what is Task's general record with other characters? How often does he get bested by people weaker than Cap? Have Cap and other people on his level ever showed to be able to easily dispose of him if they wanted? Like, any suggestions they were pulling punches or such.

How often does he get bested by people weaker than Cap?
Going by what Midas said here:
Tasky's only fought Daredevil twice, I think. He's definitely not a part of Daredevil's rogue gallery.

Deadpool is probably the only 9-B that Taskmaster fights on a frequent basis.
I don't think it's very frequent, only case I can personally think is his fear of Moon Knight, and even that is because MK is that guy (plus I'm cooking up that MK should also be 8-C with possibly H8-C)

Have Cap and other people on his level ever showed to be able to easily dispose of him if they wanted?
Cap did... somewhat, but it was more of a mixture of skill and Tasks own weakness to frequent changes of fighting styles.

Like, any suggestions they were pulling punches or such.
Cap himself states that he's one of the most dangerous man alive.

Though this is getting a bit off topic, we should focus on Tony
The discussion is inevitable, he's fought pretty much the entire verse

As others have said and shown the division it's pretty arbitrary as there's far more relativity than there isn't. At worst all notable street tiers should downscale from Super soldiers and comparable characters(like Taskmaster) as they're all in the vague definition of what's considered "Peak Human" in Marvel. Yes, Punisher included, tho of course being at the bottom of the list

LsGtgWe.jpeg

I can't recall a time when Taskmaster was (physically) completely overwhelmed by an 8-C character. He's clashed with Captain America on roughly even footing several times, alongside Bucky as linked in the OP. Laura defeated him pretty quickly in the scan I posted, but only after using her claws to catch him off guard. Taskmaster has also stated he fought the original Wolverine in the past, though I have no idea when that happened, personally.

As for characters weaker than Captain America, he's a frequent rival to Deadpool, and has gone on record in saying he was afraid of fighting both Moon Knight and Black Widow. All three of which we have listed as 9-B.

I can't recall a time when Taskmaster was (physically) completely overwhelmed by an 8-C character. He's clashed with Captain America on roughly even footing several times, alongside Bucky as linked in the OP. Laura defeated him pretty quickly in the scan I posted, but only after using her claws to catch him off guard. Taskmaster has also stated he fought the original Wolverine in the past, though I have no idea when that happened, personally.

As for characters weaker than Captain America, he's a frequent rival to Deadpool, and has gone on record in saying he was afraid of fighting both Moon Knight and Black Widow. All three of which we have listed as 9-B.

Tbf the whole Black Widow ordeal should be an outlier since that's blatantly promotion for the movie(tho those characters should also scale to super-soldiers to a degree, especially Moon Knight since he's fought characters way above 9-B)

he was afraid of fighting both Moon Knight
especially Moon Knight since he's fought characters way above 9-B
I'm making a Werewolf by Night profile and he's at least 8-C, likely High 8-C. And since MK obviously scale to him, he will stop being 9-B, aka it won't stop Tony's upgrade.

Tbf the whole Black Widow ordeal should be an outlier since that's blatantly promotion for the movie
And I agree 100%, I never took Tony being scared of her seriously.

I'm making a Werewolf by Night profile and he's at least 8-C, likely High 8-C. And since MK obviously scale to him, he will stop being 9-B, aka it won't stop Tony's upgrade.
Tbh I feel like his profile should be reworked a bit, the whole "getting stronger with the phases of the moon" should be it's own key imo as that's something that's been shown to mostly happen when he's his most devoted to Khonshu(like the in the Fist of Khonshu run and Age of Khonshu)

Last edited:
Tbh I feel like his profile should be reworked a bit, the whole "getting stronger with the phases of the moon" thing is exclusive to his Fist Of Khonshu era where he was the most devoted to him and it's explicitly and amp so it should be it's own key imo
Actually no, but the reason should be reworked. MK's power is still Variable since Khonshu often takes and gives MK random powers at will, and one of such powers is the moon thing. Both in-comics and off, MK is stated to still have the increase power according to the moon phase. So maybe "Varies; Khonshu often takes and gives Moon Knight powers, depending entirely on his mood and the loyalty of his fist at the time" or something.

(But let's stop talking about him)

Actually no, but the reason should be reworked. MortalKombat's power is still Variable since Khonshu often takes and gives MK random powers at will, and one of such powers is the moon thing. Both in-comics and off, MortalKombat is stated to still have the increase power according to the moon phase. So maybe "Varies; Khonshu often takes and gives Moon Knight powers, depending entirely on his mood and the loyalty of his fist at the time" or something.

(But let's stop talking about him)
Fair

Is it acknowledged Taskmaster’s shield is made the same way Cap’s was? At least the pure Proto-Adamantium one? He’s harmed Thor with it before.
What exactly his shield is made of is kinda...iffy? Guidebooks acknowledge it as far inferior in make-up to Captain America's, but it IS a replica of it.

I would also rebuke the notion that Taskmaster harmed Thor. If you are referring to the events of Osborn's' attack on Asgard, it's explicitly stated Taskmaster contributed next to nothing to the actual damage Thor took. Which is consistent with the fact that Hyperion can casually swat Taskmaster's shield out of the air in later stories.

Back