• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TARDIS additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
As I said in the previous thread, Doctor Who is a gigantic series, which is why I keep finding new information on the series.

In the previous thread I screwed up on a few edits, like Lifting Strength not being linked, not mentioning how brief the Zeus feat was, them only traveling to the bubble universe through a rift, essentially stuff people could say I was taking out of context, which I accidentally did for the rift thing.

I think the TARDIS should have reality warping. The bulk of the TARDIS is made of Block Transfer Mathematics, which is specifically for rewriting reality, and The Doctor also says he can rewrite the reality, but wants to leave it to the Logopolitans due to being "too fiddly". The TARDIS could fuse together a fragmented reality in a comic.

The Doctor has hard-light holograms. The TARDIS is shown to have and project holograms, so possible Light Manipulation for the TARDIS.

In the last thread, I made a discussion about the ability to block teleportation based on this scene in Engines of War where they imply this, but it wasn't enough evidence, so I looked through the series and found this, TARDIS: "We've locked onto them. They'll (The Doctor's TARDIS, Amy, Rory) have to lower the shields when were close enough to phase inside (The TARDIS)." The Doctor's Wife.

The TARDIS can absorb rift energy, this is also shown in Boom Tow when The Doctor parks the TARDIS over the afformentioned rift in Cardiff to recharge after various journeys, and in The Doctor's Wife where he states that the Bubble Universe is full of rift energy and that the TARDIS will recharge "just by being here (House)".

Sealing for the TARDIS, as it contained various shadow creatures. It can also do this with the Matrix.

The TARDIS could resist an attempted Possession from the Hypothetical Gentleman, who turned out to be the Matrix after the "destruction" of Gallifrey. And in The Doctor's Wife the newly released TARDIS finished off House and repossessed the TARDIS shell.

During a Ninth Doctor story, he stated that the TARDIS is usually immune to tractor beams, but does indeed have off days. Tractor beams have usually been an aspect of Gravity Manipulation, or at least for the Time Lords, which is backed up by escaping a Gravity Bubble by Jettisoning rooms in Logopolis.

The Doctor states here that his TARDIS has resisted Anti Matter tornados.

The Doctor states that he had help from the TARDIS' telepathic circuts to adjust his senses. This wouldn't be telepathy, as that's mental imaging, it'd be perception manipulation.

In Boom Tow, a member of the Slitheen family looked into the heart of the TARDIS and was reduced to an egg. This is Age Manipulation.

Not sure what this ability is, but it could be speed. The TARDIS states it exists across all Time and Space, and backs this up with two statements, the latter of which being Precognition.

TARDIS: "It means the smell of dust after rain." Rory: "What?" TARDIS: "Petrichor." Rory: "I didn't ask." TARDIS: "Not yet."

TARDIS: "You know I'm not constructed that way. I exist across all space and time." The Doctor's Wife.

TARDIS: "I directed him (Rory) to one of the old control rooms." Doctor: "But there aren't any control rooms. They were all deleted or remodeled." TARDIS: "I archived them for neatness. I've got about 30 now." Doctor: "But I've only changed the desktop, what, a dozen times?" TARDIS: "So far, yeah." The Doctor: "You can't archive something that hasn't happened yet." TARDIS: "You can't." The Doctor's Wife.

TARDIS: "The only forrest in the Water is River (Song)."

It also describes tenses as being difficult for it.

Forgot about this until Zach brought it up but there's the Guardians of Time stuff and powers for CT.

They're all embodiments of their concept, as their power waxes and wanes as they grow or decrease (The Well-Mannered War), so they should have Conceptual Existence and Type 8 Immortality. The Doctor states "Don't talk too soon. The mind is indestructible, so is the Toymaker" after his companion stated they'd never meet the toymaker again when his realm was destroyed.

CT rendered The Doctor intangible, invisible, and mute, and could still see him while in that state. He breached the TARDIS to do it, but The Doctor did imply he could make it stop if he were physical, meaning those weren't the full defences.

The Toymaker could create multiple empty versions of the TARDIS in his game, they were physical and not illusion based.

The Toymaker could accelerate The Doctor ahead 30 moves in a game, and create a force field which can either work as a regular one or attack reflection; "Use his mind to turn your strength against yourself." This is shown when Steven punched him but ended up getting hurt.

CT said he could grant The Doctor power, which is consistent as he can give people the physiology of Dolls and Cards, while also returning them to their humanoid forms.

There's something about plot manipulation, but I'm not exactly sure what it is aside from apparently involving the Key to Time. And according to Zach, the Time Lords can't fully kill them. But I'll need a source on that.

During his confrontation with the Family of Blood, The Doctor tricked their heightened senses by doing what he calls "ventriloquism of the nose", which is a Time Lord technique.

He also sealed Daughter of Mine and her physical form in every mirror. Which apparently started the legend of seeing another person in the mirror.

Here's a statement implying the guardians are above the time lords

There are some powers in the omniverse that can do anything. The
Guardians, for example. The only things that bind them are codes of conduct,
civil laws designed to give sentient races some means of maintaining a
stable existence. I sometimes wonder if that's the reason the Time Lords are
so introverted. . . they've bargained with creatures who could pull the arms
off spiral galaxies.

Kind of a weird example since that's not impressive for either but still

They still have technology capable of combating beings on their level though.

Anyway, what exactly would this give them? Aside from a mention in the AP section of course.

Likely Regenerationn (Mid Godly, The Time Lords who can erase on a non physical level including a conceptual level are incapable of doing any permanent damage to the guardians)

Potentially math and conceptual manipulation

One bit. On a part of the OP you say the doctor using part of the Tardis to alter his senses is mind control when I think it's just perception manipulation.

In fiction Telepathy is often a broad term for mental powers, so that's what came to mind, but yeah it would be Perception Manipulation.

We should probably add a defence system of the Kinetic Extrapolator. The TARDIS' feats on the page haven't used that, with him not having activated it at the time. Basically, this would be just about the same level as when he was caught unaware by a Solar Storm in The Almost People.

The justification would be (Easily tanked missiles that were going to destroy a defenceless TARDIS). They mentioned it was defenceless, but it wasn't, the extra defences weren't activated, defenceless is when the TARDIS shut itself down on Trenzalore and was harmed by an orbital fall, or when it was completely depowered to the point of being "wood" against the Daleks.

There's also another shield that keeps his TARDIS from crashing into other objects, which he was going to restore in Time Crash, and was implied to have done after.

I found what the Temporal Grace is. The Doctor explains that things do not exist while in the TARDIS, meaning that no weapon or attack works. A functioning Temporal Grace is able to stop Eldrad from attacking in the Hand of Fear and an exact copy of the Third Doctor's TARDIS in an alternate time line was able to halt the missiles fired by the HMS Revenge at the Silurian's palace.

But, as stated by The Eleventh Doctor, it's now just a "clever lie", but it worked various times in the 4th Doctor's line and still existed before that.

The TARDIS' justification should be changed to "Towed a Neutron star", as that's what he towed in the episode and what the calculation has.

In The Time Monster, the Master was able to extracted a Knight and horse from their point in time, brining them to the future. He could then send them back to their point. This is BFR. He later did this with an entire squadron of cannon wielding Roundheads, and a V-1.

He apparently used the Crystal of Kronos to do this, which also gives him summoning, as he can summon kronos.

I found a few other things from this respect thread.

Resistance to Technological Manipulation via lock, as it could prevent The Doctor from opening the TARDIS doors, and presumably doing stuff like scattering and disabling it, thought he could fuse the coordinates.

Addition to teleportation with Kinetic Ext.

The Doctor's TARDIS lets him sealed a rift in time:

'THE ARKHEON THRESHOLD?' 'Sealed. One of the advantages of being a Time Lord with a TARDIS. It's nice to be able to tie these loose ends up sometimes. The temporal fissure is gone. I put a stitch in time.' Prisoner of the Daleks

The Doctor's TARDIS can "catch" things that are removed from time near them:

'TARDIS. Took myself out of time. This area. . . a catch-all. Anything that leaves the continuum. . . this close to the TARDIS. . . gets put here. . . for safekeeping.' -Interference Bk 1

their is this thing

But I had superior firepower!' The Doctor tossed the orb into the air; it seemed to hover there for a moment, and then fell into the open palm of his hand with a slap. 'And I knocked him for six! Well,into the twenty-sixth dimension anyway. He's safe there for a while. Can't do much damage ― space and time's always been a right mess in there. Might even sort things out a bit. Who knows?'

I know that, also isn't it the 26th? What I meant is the power. Would it be bfr, or something else?

If I recall, he performs a similar feat in Logopolis, or something in general involving the 26th dimension.

Edit: It wasn't like that in Logopolis.

It is probably best if you ask Azathoth to comment here.

The Master's TARDIS could knock out some people in rage with it's terrible effects or something.

I found that the TARDIS has some possible Acausality, Immunity to Physics, and Healing with Zero Room.

Nyssa: "I suppose it's (Zero Room) some sort of neutral environment. An isolated space cut off from the rest of the universe."

Fifth Doctor: "Now, ordinary spaces of course show up on the Architectural Configuration indicators, but any good Zero Room is bound to zero energy with respect to the world outside its four walls. Or however many walls it has."

Teagan: "I get it, the Zero Room cuts out all interference." Fifth Doctor: "Completely, even the gravity's only local."

Fifth Doctor: "Goodness me I'm tired." Nyssa: "But there isn't even a bed." Fifth Doctor: "Bed? Oh, I don't need a bed. Not in the Zero Room." *floats on his back in a sleeping position*. One of the advantages of stark simplicity." Teagan: "Can anybody do that?" Fifth Doctor: "You don't do it. It just sort of comes to you, like sleep... very like sleep."

There was a very good polygonal Zero Room under the Junior Senate Block on Gallifrey, widely acclaimed for its healing properties."

I found another good ap/durability feat. Nyssa implies that the TARDIS can and will crash through planets and stars to find The Doctor.

The TARDIS could also withstand being at the time of Event One (The Big Bang), although it was heavily heated up to the point where the auto controls didn't work, they weren't anywhere near the center, and they only withstood it while it was going on.

The TARDIS could convert 25% of its rooms into energy during Castrovalva.

Also, the above information is from that same episode.

Nyssa confirms that they did "burn it up" rather than just Jettison it.

Bump

When speaking of Kronos, this is what The Doctor said.

Jo: "What happens if the master wins."

The Third Doctor: "Well, the whole of creation is very delicately balanced in Cosmic terms, Jo. If the Master opens the flood gates of Kronos' power, all order and all structure will be swept away... nothing will be left but chaos."

In the show, The Doctor has made various modifications to the TARDIS, such as upgraded shields, etc. So it's not just as powerful as a Type 40.

In The Time Monster, the Master stated that the Doctor's TARDIS was indestructible, despite being in his TARDIS, which are always superior to the Doctor's own, with the least advanced model being a Type 45. He also specifically calls The Doctor's TARDIS an "old crock".

So, a summary of what needs to be added to which pages, and why?

I'll be going list by list.

TARDIS: Reality Warping and Mathematics Manipulation (Can use block-transfer computation to create and manipulate the structure of space-time), Light Manipulation (Can create "hard-light" holograms), Energy Absorption (Able to absorb rift energy and ambient energy for power. Used a supernova to power a projection), Sealing (Contained the Vashta Nerada, who are shadow based creatures), Resistance to Possession (Resisted an attempted possession from the Hypothetical Gentleman, the conscious form of the Matrix), Teleportation (Its shields can block out teleporation from the Daleks. A TARDIS constructed by The Doctor could not materialise within it until the shields were lowered), Gravity Manipulation (Immune to most forms of tractor beams. Escaped a gravity bubble), Technological Manipulation (While locked, The Doctor's screwdriver could do nothing to the TARDIS except fuse the coordinates), Physics Manipulation (The Zero Room is separated from the outside universe, including physical laws that aren't localised to it) and Anti-Matter (Has withstood anti-matter tornados), Age Manipulation, Perception Manipulation with Telepathic Circuts, Healing with Zero Room, Can stop and depower weapons and attacks with Temporal Grace, Exists across all of Time, Precognition

I'm not sure what this ability is, but the TARDIS exists across Time and has Precognition. Also a few additions to the existing abilities, like the TARDIS' dimensional travel and matter manipulation, and I accidentally took some stuff out of context, but only a couple.

There's hyperversal range for BFRing someone to the 26th dimension.

I suppose that most of that seems fine, but please explain to me why it should have acausality.

It's separated from the outside universe to the point where even physical laws have to be local to the Zero Room.

For example, The Doctor stated if the Zero Room had no built in system for Gravity ("local gravity"), then it'd have no gravity whatsoever. I've added this in.

That is not enough for acausality. It means being immune to the laws of cause and effect.

Ok. Would that be resistance to Causality Manipulation?

I finished the other list

This is for all higher dimensional beings: Acausality, Immortality, Higher Dimensional Manipulation, Reality Warping

Now the Guardians of Time: Immortality (Type 1, 3, and 8; their very existence is tied to the concepts they represent), Abstract Existence, Statistics Amplification (Grow more powerful as their concept becomes more abundant), Regenerationn (Mid Godly; It was implied that the Time Lords are unable to kill them, who have weapons capable of erasing beings on a conceptual level) + all of the above powers

The Celestial Toymaker: Biological Manipulation and Life Manipulation (Can turn humans into dolls and reanimate them), Transmutation (Rendered The Doctor invisible and intangible), Creation, Time Manipulation (Accelerated The Doctor's game by 30 moves), Forcefield and Attack Reflection (Created forcefields that defend himself from harm or can reflect attacks back at people), Power Bestowal

Weakness for the Guardians: Their power waxes and wanes based on their concept.

I don't think that would be resistance to causality manipulation, no.

I think that the other suggested additions seem fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back