• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
Lifestealer's insanity is so severe that anyone attempting to use mind-altering abilities on him will instead have their will shattered
This is Madness Manipulation, so like... not on his profile.

As for other stuff. If it comes down to an AP fight, Talion wins by just lolresurrecting into infinity. Even with Lifestealer's other stuff, and if it is decided they cannot mindhax each other or whatever... then Talion would win by right of outsurving his enemy.

Also. How good is his mindhax? (His being Lifestealer)

He mind controlled a few guards holding his prison cell. Pretty much it.

So even base form Talion should be able to manage it.

How good is Talion's mindhax resistance in base? If it is better than a few guards, he should take this pretty easily via mindhax.

I think the Tower was trying to brand/dominate him but was able to overcome it. Doesn't seem as good as 6-B ver but should still give him basic resistance.

Okay.

Then my vote is for Talion for now. Since Talion can just resist Lifestealer's mindhax and "lolresurrect" should it come down to an AP battle.

@Weekly Not the point. Talion wins via resurrecting if it comes down to an AP battle.

Already being possessed by Wraith Boye.

Thats mental possession, Lifestealer's possession works by taking control of his opponent's nervous system

Whats stopping Talion slowing time and turn LS into a pincushion?

Ehh. I'm not so sure of that chief. Cerem has some pretty obvious control over Talion IIRC (it's been a long time, though).

Let's assume I'm wrong. I want you to explain to me how Lifestealer performs his possession stuff. With a video if possible. To make sure nobody forgets how it works.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean that still doesnt prevent physical possession but okay
LS enters Talion's body and do some funny stuff with it. LS can either have Tal stab himself or eat his insides and blow him up. Which again, Tal ressurects.

Mr. Bambu said:
This is Madness Manipulation, so like... not on his profile.

As for other stuff. If it comes down to an AP fight, Talion wins by just lolresurrecting into infinity. Even with Lifestealer's other stuff, and if it is decided they cannot mindhax each other or whatever... then Talion would win by right of outsurving his enemy.

Also. How good is his mindhax? (His being Lifestealer)
It's Willpower Manipulation. It works like GER's zero reset.

Also Lifestealer mindhaxxed an entire prison including the guards and prisoners. No exact numbers but that's all I can find.

Noted, but I believe the Tower is a bit above that being the uh... well. The Tower.

My vote still goes to Talion.

Willpower Manip is an application of Mind Manip. Depending on application. Reviewing it, in this case, it appears to be a subset of mind manip. So Talion resists.

He uhhhh s t e a l s y o u r l i f e f o r c e with every hit he takes.

He can also increase the life that he steals by opening large wounds, without even touching you. He does it with a spell.

Isn't that pretty much hard countered by resurrecting? Since his "life force" is just brought back?

So

Not terribly useful as it only puts Talion down for awhile

I mean, as they fight, Talion and LS trade blows while most of Talion's magics are useless against LS's resistance, LS is constantly gaining life everytime he does a strike.

m i n d h a x

as good as Talion's, though? Since he apparently scales to The Tower?

That's what Steve said, yeah.

Looking through it boyo, and I'll wait for Steve but IIRC The Tower is pretty frickin potent (not sure if we can use the real version of it though, since this is a video game).

If you lose, the game over text will say "The Tower has dominated your will". In context of LoTR/SoM, will and mind are likely synonymous

Back