• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Takuto Maruki vs. Maki Sonomura, Tatsuya Suou, Maya Amano, Makoto Yuki, Yu Narukami, and Ren Amamiya

Takuto Maruki fights these 6 powerful Persona users on his own.

Can the combined might of these 6 Persona users defeat Takuto Maruki?

Last edited:
Cognition allows him to instantly conceptually erase both of them and he stands on top as physically the strongest character in the series

Like I said he’s at the top of the food chain.

Yu isn’t only Low 1C so he’s useless here.

Makoto Yuki is only baseline 1C.

So only the 3 of them are an actual threat.

Maruki nearly one shotted the entire Phantom Thieves group in a single hit after fusing with Adam Kadmon. All of whom were slightly above baseline 1C.

Also, again, Cognition erases them completely immediately

You didn't exactly gave a reason why he is in the top of the food chain.

Your argument isn't really helping your case.

Maki would be 6D while Tatsuya and Maya would be 7D by the end of EP.

You didn't exactly gave a reason why he is in the top of the food chain.

Your argument isn't really helping your case.

Maki would be 6D while Tatsuya and Maya would be 7D by the end of EP.
You do realize that Maruki is 1-C too right? And that of all these people, only Ren has resistance to Maruki's EE?

This is literally just Maruki vs Ren. Even assuming the rest of the cast don't get erased via already existing in the same verse, they'd still get insta-incapped by literally anything Maruki does with Cognition.

Tatsuya is a living time paradox. Good luck trying to erase him.

All of them are above baseline 1-C except for Yu. The other guy didn't gave a reason why Maruki is in the top of the food chain.

I'm merely addressing why he came of such conclusion of one shotting them without giving any reason.

And no need to point to me why Maruki is 1-C, the other guy's comment make it seem like Maruki is High 1-C or 1-B to make such statement.

Last edited:
Since when can time paradox's not be erased? Just make him not a paradox with cognition then erase him.

It's not a huge statement to make, he was on the verge of one shotting the entire phantom thieves group after fusing, how do the others compare to that?

Maki being comparable to Carter who is capable of altering and shaping the CU, Tatsuya and Maya who beat Nyarlathotep who exists in the highest dimension of the CU and is one half of the CU itself, Makoto who sealed the incarnation of Death itself, and Yu who isn't all that impressive but I still put him here since he is an MC.

<Tatsuya and Maya who beat Nyarlathotep who exists in the highest dimension of the CU and is one half of the CU itself

Baseline 1C, not really that impressive at all

<Makoto who sealed the incarnation of Death itself

Which is a move that ultimately killed him and he was much weaker otherwise (Though, I still think he can beat Joker at least but that's just my opinion and that's irrelevant)

Neither are as impressive as Maruki, who was physically stronger then all of the Phantom Thieves combined

Again no further explanation from you why Maruki is more impressive.

I'll just wait and see what other people's opinion on why they put Maruki above everyone else for me to get convinced.

You have also not explained why the characters you listed are comparable, this is not hard.

All of the Phantom Thieves are 1C, they are 1C by fighting Maruki when he evolved his persona to Adam Kadmon. When Maruki FUSED with Adam Kadmon, he was physically comparable to 9 of the Phantom Thieves COMBINED

This is completely ignoring Maruki simply using Cognition to erase everybody he’s currently fighting

You are merely basing on the stats on wikis. I'm actually talking about what they've done and what they are in the lore.

Reread what I said before, I don't have to repeat myself.

Yes, because the stats on the wiki are literally based off the lore and what we use to rank them.

No you don't, I will disagree regardless

You are merely basing on the stats on wikis. I'm actually talking about what they've done and what they are in the lore.

Reread what I said before, I don't have to repeat myself.
You're taking lore feats out-of-context. These are all things that have been taken into consideration regarding the stats that are now represented on the wiki. If you're not even going to put in the effort to do your research on past Content Revision Threads regarding Persona, then you have no right to question their legitimacy.

In the first place, why are you even trying to argue using statistics that have not been accepted? Your interpretations on the canon are perfectly valid, but ultimately have no proof of being grounded in fact, because they haven't been scrutinized by other people knowledgeable about this verse's cosmology and its characters. The only way your interpretations can be proven would be to prove them yourself in a Content Revision Thread, which is entirely why those exist.

Someone who's been on this wiki for as long as you should already be familiar with the way we do things here, and the rationale behind it. If not, that's fine; but I highly recommend you get to it.

You're taking lore feats out-of-context. These are all things that have been taken into consideration regarding the stats that are now represented on the wiki. If you're not even going to put in the effort to do your research on past Content Revision Threads regarding Persona, then you have no right to question their legitimacy.

In the first place, why are you even trying to argue using statistics that have not been accepted? Your interpretations on the canon are perfectly valid, but ultimately have no proof of being grounded in fact, because they haven't been scrutinized by other people knowledgeable about this verse's cosmology and its characters. The only way your interpretations can be proven would be to prove them yourself in a Content Revision Thread, which is entirely why those exist.

Someone who's been on this wiki for as long as you should already be familiar with the way we do things here, and the rationale behind it. If not, that's fine; but I highly recommend you get to it.
Taking lore feats out of context due to what?

I'm merely calling out the guy who seems to think he stomps these Persona users just because Maruki beat 9 1-C characters and he didn't even realize the only reason the Phantom Thieves are 1-C due to the scaling they got by fighting Maruki. That seems to be the case being mentioned in the 4th content revision.

Also 6-D Kadath Mandala and 7-D Philemon/Nyarlathotep was even discussed on that thread.

And statistics that's not been accepted? I'm pretty damn sure the characters I've mentioned already have 1-C on their profiles alone (except for Yu) while also adding the fact that they did much more in story's context which was even argued on that very content revison thread.

And what makes you think I'm questioning the profiles legitimacy? Stop making assumptions. I'm merely talking about the way he argues is due to number of 1-C profiles Maruki defeated in game which is the reason why he thinks Maruki will one shot them while ignoring the Persona lore and the context on what these characters have done and faced threats that are arguably greater than Maruki himself.

There is even a Persona Cosmology blog and none of this even mentions that Maruki is even remotely close to being the top dog like what this other person is trying to imply. Last time I checked, this person is considered to be very knowledgeable when it comes to Persona and SMT cosmology.

If there is some other source or any discussion on why Maruki is above Philemon, Nyarlathotep, or Nyx that I'm not aware of then it's certainly not in the Content Revision threads hence why I'm questioning Schnee-One's statement of Maruki one shotting these characters while him still failing to explain to me why Maruki is the top dog of the Persona-verse.

If it's a straight-up fight with no PIS or Maruki catching feels for the other team then he can just erase them. But there is like 5 wildcards here, all of which can utilize bonds for power, and they all typically click well and can fight together as seen in the PQ games. If Maruki get's into a prolonged fight where he isn't trying to manhandle (like he did with the thieves) and doesn't use hax or just overpower with Kadmon from the gate he will lose, especially with Joker's fate manip. So Joker being here is really his biggest problem.

Back