• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Takanuva Tools and Abilities update/potentially creating a Key as well?

I was looking at the Bionicle pages (More pages should be updated and created, some of the characters listed have hax such as time manipulation, but they dont have pages on this wiki), and I noticed that Takanuva's page could use a bit more clarity. I have a proposed Key update, and just added some additional overall details for Takanuva's weaponry and abilities. But first:

Potential Key Update:

I have a few proposals if a key is made.

Takanuva had a few extra abilities in his Partial Light Drained form, some of which are already noted on the page. His default abilities, as well as Darkness manipulation (Shadow abilites in Bionicle cacut off others from Heat and Lightto the point where a sentient plant entity was killed via this method ). and Flight (natural, albeit temporary due to his exposure to a virus invented by an alternate universe Makuta Krika).

He also experienced as increase in size snd strength whenever he was exposed to the energies of Karda Nui in his Partial Light Drained form (the heart of the Matoran Universe, this size difference was immediate as soon as he arrived within Karda Nui via interdimensional portal), though this did return to normal levels when he was teleported to Metru Nui.

Some weaknesses that would be different in his Partial Light Drained form would be:

-He used his light abilities sparingly since he couldn't regenerate anymore of his natural light. Using them too much runs the possiblity of becoming a full Toa of Shadow (granting him greater Darkness Manip, but he would become corrupted. For reference, this is what a shadow Takanuva is like ). This was part of the reason why his Power Lance and Midak Skyblaster was given to him in an alt. universe, to help compensate for this(explaination on what the Power Lance does will be added later).

-His control abilities were mainly limited to which hand he used; the Right hand controlled Shadow abilities, whereas the Left hand controlled his light abilities.

-If he released a Nova Blast in this form, it would be weakened since his Light and Shadow abilities would effectively cancel each other out.

Tools Update:

Staff of Light : His first Toa Tool. Takanuva simply used this as a melee weapon/to channel his abiliities (can manifest it as light beams).

Power Lance : His second Toa Tool(and arguably most powerful). The Power Lance was given to him when he travelled to an alt. universe. The Power Lance is noted for not only channeling his Elemental abilities, but for also amplifying them (which is unusual as most Toa Tools did not do this). He tested this by using the smallest amount of Light possible and channeling in the weapon, which blew a hole in the wall with a large energy blast.

Midak Skyblaster : Also gifted to him from the alt. universe (they do exist in the main one as well), Midak Skyblasters gather light from the area surrounding the user and fires it in a concentrated sphere form. As a Toa of Light with Light Manip, Takanuva could become a living battery for the Midak Skyblaster if he chose to. It is also worth noting that if a Midak Skyblaster is overused, the light in an area will be completely drained. They can be altered to fire Shadow blasts as well. (the bolded parts should be applied/updated for all Toa/beings that have a Midak Skyblaster listed on their pages).

Twin Light Staffs : His 3rd and most current Toa Tools. Essentally two of the aforementioned Staff of Light. Takanuva uses this for physical combat, or for channeling his light abilities.

Abilities Update:

Takanuva
can use his light manip in many ways, most of which have been covered on this page already. However, there a couple that aren't listed

-He can bend light around himself to change the perception of the color of his armor at will, to best fit his surrounding environment; effectively camoflauging himself. (This is something all Av(Light)-Matoran can do).

- He does have resistence to telepathic attacks, can deflect them, and can even locate the attacker (This happened in the 10th Book, Swamp of Secrets. Here is a link to the attacker .)

P.S. I may not be able to repond back as quickly (finals week is approaching, and I actually should be working on a paper right now lol). I just realized that a seperate key could be created for Shadow Takanuvas, but that could be done another time. I would rather get feedback first from the community.

I'm the only one making pages so that's why there aren't as many as there should be. I have a lot to do.

Those things seem fine.

I'll specify that stuff for the Midak Skyblasters and elaborate on Takanuva's tools.

Oh, that's true, I'll add that too, and his resistance. Most (if not all Toa) should have Mind / Empathic Manipulation Resistance, anyways. A bunch of them have feats and Teridax being able to affect them with his powers is treated as impressive and unusually powerful.

Back